HollywoodM3 is offline Member

Question about Thigh injections??

Hey bros,
    I hate to do thigh injection. but with this new cycle im on eod injections, I need some fresh spots. In this past I hve injected into my right quad mostly on the top just a little to the sidehead of the muscle. I hav had a bit of trouble with that, first was the pain..second it seems that every time I put the pin in, which by the way I do SO slow in the leg, there has been time when the muscle would twitch, or it felt like I was about to hit something painful. I hve always pulled out b/c this maid me very nervous. Im assuming this is a nerve b/c I think it would have been some God offal pain.
    So I looked on spotinjections.com and they showed people hitting on the very outside part, almost where the hamstring and glute meet. (it would be were you seem is on you pants down the side of your leg) I never tried that spot and the muscle feels very dense there, I deiced to give it a try, I injected about half way down my leg. well again I went in very slow, 22g 1.5in. took my like 3 mins to get it in, (very nervous on thigh)and it was almost all the way until it felt like I hit something, muscle twitched a little, so I pulled out. it bleed a little bit.
    Never the less I decided to hit im my delt.

I was just wondering if anyone has any clue as to what I may be doing wrong, or had anyone had the same experience ?? if the muscle spasms is this bad, never happens anywhere but in the quad

thanks
    HM

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Stabb the needle in quickly. Asperate and shoot. If no blood when you asperate you are fine.
    My leg twitches also if I go slow.

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    maybe just go to a 25g and just stick it in. 3 minutes to stick in a pin sounds pretty long.

i might be wrong but cant u just use a 1 inch needle instead of 11/2 for the thigh. that might help also.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout2184
    i might be wrong but cant u just use a 1 inch needle instead of 11/2 for the thigh. that might help also.
    yes and would probably go with 23g needle

thanks I just orderd some 23 1.5 today, but I dont know if I hve the B*LLs to hit it fast, it seems that im doing something wrong???

does evey one prefer to hit on the way out side of the thigh or on top, I think mataly I feel more comfortable hitting on the out sid, where the ham meets the quad??
    HM

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    unless your legs are freakin huge, I see no reason to use a 1.5.... have you tried delt or pec injects?

ColdSore is offline Banned
    quads are i mine field of nerves...its always kind of painful for me to stick...like mart said...just jab and it just feels like a quick pinch....i use 23ga-1inch of quads and glutes...bis tris and lats i use 25 ga

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    First, I find the best place to inject on the Quads are more toward the side and I don't get anywhere near the top. I still say injecting slowly is the best way to go. I would definitely use a 1" needle. (I couldn't imagine 1 1/2.) I do Quads all the time without and issues.

I use delt and glut(right)medius. injection all the time, I dont think I feel cool with the pec, spotinjection show it on the same side as the heart, just kinda freeks me out... but I use the 1.5in for everthing anyway...

qads I wouldnt mind if that twich and feeling like im about to hit a nerve thing didnt happen, but I do push it in VERY slow...just nervs..

is there a diference as to nervs from one side of the body to ther other...

qckgixxer1k is offline Junior Member
    i've tried in my quad's as well, but i don't like it. glutes are the best to inject in.

topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Hollywood, Use a 23 guage 1 in and looking down at your right quad inject at the 2 o'clock position a hand down from your hip . On your left do the same but at the 10 o'clock position . The next time you hit each of those areas drop down about an inch lower . You should have no problems with those locations .

m assuming that is more toward the outside, isnt that lower down, I have been hitting higher more like half way down the on the way out side???

HM

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodM3
    m assuming that is more toward the outside, isnt that lower down, I have been hitting higher more like half way down the on the way out side???

HM
    you can hit it anywhere...all the muscles in your legs are big enough top hit....yes...the outside is probly most popular...what i do is flex ans just find the thick meaty part of you "sweep" about half way between my knee and hip...but ive also donr my inner thigh...teardrop...and hams...your good anywhere "meaty"

thanks,
    I think I will give it another try, this time I will cut the top off an old needle cap to make my 1.5 pin into an 1in, for the thigh, this might go better, also i have 23g on its way, always used 22 so maybe this might help also??

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    1" for thighs...hit on top...hand length up from the knee and hand length down from the hip...anywhere inbetween those to markers is fair game. I do it with the knee bent and relaxed, gently massage the area after.

I have had bad luck with hitting on top, spotinjection shows it on the out side, like where your seam on you pints it, the hamstring and the thigh meet, so im going to try to hit the out side again,

HM

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I have done both, but found the top was better for me...I don't see any problems with doing the side though.

Antwan is offline Associate Member
    Spot injection actually shows several areas on the thigh to hit. I use the thigh and havent had any problems. So far I have only done the side so I might hit the top next time.

Just only put the 1.5 in one inch you dont have to make your needles smaller.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    switch to a 25g 1" pin for the quad. smooth as silk. I take my tome also and have no problems.

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    Ive only used a 25g 1" for thighs and injected in the meatiest part of the vastus lateralis. Thats the only way Id recommend.

crimson55 is offline New Member
    I've only got 1.5" and tried inserting only about 1" - hurt like hell for the rest of the day. Tried just quickly jabbing the whole thing in one day and didn't feel any pain afterwards (and very little bleeding). I'm typically doing it mid-thigh, just towards the outside, while sitting down fully relaxed

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    I hit it at the middle front of my leg. I use a 25 guage/ 1 inch needle. My leg will twitch sometimes but not often with the 25g. If i use anything bigger like the 23g then i get some bad pain and blood under the surface of my skin. Needless to say i will not use anything bigger than a 25g tooo much pain.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout2184
    Just only put the 1.5 in one inch you dont have to make your needles smaller.

you really do. Think about it if you put the needle in only and inch and now you still have a half of inch sticking out and you are putting pressure on the plunger to inject, then you run the risk of inserting the needle in farther and potentially hitting a vein. And we all know that you dont want to inject our gear into our blood stream.

you really do. Think about it if you put the needle in only and inch and now you still have a half of inch sticking out and you are putting pressure on the plunger to inject, then you run the risk of inserting the needle in farther and potentially hitting a vein. And we all know that you dont want to inject our gear into our blood stream.
    Good point but I didnt have any problems doing so when I ran out of 1 inch needles once. But i see what you mean.

Thread Information