BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Anyone ever have this happen to them...getting the BLUES

Well, im on week 13 of a 16 week cutting program. Im doing this one all natural. Ive lost about 15 lbs of fat so far, my bench and squat have both gone up 15 pounds and i still have 3 weeks so as far as losing weight, i am doing great. However, ive noticed that working out in the gym just isnt the same. When your cutting, your not going to be gaining really any strength or putting on any mass. The whole reason for lifting now becomes to maintain what you have. Man, my motivation for going to the gym is dropping and i have to force myself to go. I know im not going to get any stronger, but i dont want to get weaker.

Basically i just dont have fun when im not making progress with my strength and size and i kinda get into a sludge, and i dont get the good pumps. I ve got the blues. I was wondering if any of you experience this when cutting or after you are done with a cycle and then go back to being natural.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Happens to all of us. Even during a bulker, but its more common during a cutter. I mean yiu dedicate your life around lifting, food, cardio, shopping for the right sht, supps, etc. It takes a big toll on your mind and body.

And your on a 16 week cutter!!!! Thats crazy and much much props to you. Thats why everyone hates cutting your not gonna see any gains, pumps,etc. Your lack of cals is the prob in this but is a neces. part of cutting. Theres not much you can do besides take some energy pills, sleep and rest, and well push yourself. One of the best tips I ever got was this....

"Your at the point where many people get and say the hell with it. Thats the difference between the ones that want to be cut and the ones that are"

BB
    Last edited by BrownBomber; 02-27-2004 at 08:06 PM.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    Well, im on week 13 of a 16 week cutting program. Im doing this one all natural. Ive lost about 15 lbs of fat so far, my bench and squat have both gone up 15 pounds and i still have 3 weeks so as far as losing weight, i am doing great. However, ive noticed that working out in the gym just isnt the same. When your cutting, your not going to be gaining really any strength or putting on any mass. The whole reason for lifting now becomes to maintain what you have. Man, my motivation for going to the gym is dropping and i have to force myself to go. I know im not going to get any stronger, but i dont want to get weaker.

Basically i just dont have fun when im not making progress with my strength and size and i kinda get into a sludge, and i dont get the good pumps. I ve got the blues. I was wondering if any of you experience this when cutting or after you are done with a cycle and then go back to being natural.
    I get that way right at PCT and for the first week during a cycle while I'm waiting for my kickstart to get going. Had my first good workout in about 2 weeks, so now I'm happy again.

I have a bulking cycle that i can look forward to that will be starting in about 5 weeks. Test enanthate @ 500mg/wk for 12 weeks. Nolva 10mg ed. throughout cycle and pct. Clomid 300/100/50 for pct. Like i said i am all natural so far so it is something to look forward to.

In the past, i have done a cutting program but i either wasnt strict enough, or cut calories too low and lost too much muscle. This time, i really dedicated myself. I did have one cheat day during the week and everyonce in a while i would mess up for a meal but in the long run, it is really successful thus far. I had a decent amount of fat on me but im very muscular and always just ate, ate, ate and trained. I would just grow and get sooo strong and i loved it. When it comes to cutting, you dont get that anymore. It really just gets old.

For the most part, it is just getting to be monotonous. Cardio, same lifts, and eating chicken and rice (blah). Its different than those days where you just dont want to work out...its almost like i question why i ever do this in the first place. But i realize that i MUST do this 16 weeks of hell in order to have years of fun. That is what drives me, and the fact that i know if i stick with it, i will be a huge mofo in about 5 months.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're ready for a really good cheat meal!

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Sounds like you're ready for a really good cheat meal!
    Oh yeah, i am. TGIF...TGIF...TGIF. I already ate 2 large pizzas, a liter of coke, almost done with my 24 pack, a dozen hot wings, two chocolate shakes, steak, potatoes, ribs, protien shake with butter cream and peanut butter with no protein.

Just kidding, but im going to eat a little tonight.

And its not even really the eating that is giving me the problem. A good eca stack curbs my appetite and after eating clean for about two weeks it just becomes habit. What i do miss is sitting down to dinner and eating a steak and potatoes and knowing that i am getting bigger with each bite...its almost as if my lifting comes into my kitchen.

Really the problem stems from knowing im not getting bigger and stronger. The lifting is just so boring and monotonous and the thing that i love is right now not on my list of things i want to do. I just love going into the gym with a passion and bring my full intensity but i just dont feel it right now. I just hope these last weeks fly by

Thread Information