firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member

Fina sides...a medical discussion

I want to hear some of the more medically inclined members or members that have extensive knowledge about some of the medical sides of fina/tren . Everyone has heard that fina is hard on the kidneys, but what exactly does this mean? Does fina cause kidney function to decrease, or does it prevent loop reabsorbtion causing highly concentrated urine? I am curious about the physiological facts behind the statement "it's tough on your kidneys".

On a side note, I went to the doctor today because I came down with a respiratory infection and needed antibiotics. I had been having lower back pain for about 2 or 3 days and decided to ask him about it, but leaving out the part about the roids. He said that he thought it could be a pulled muscle or something, but I don't see it being likely so he had me do a urinalysis. He came back and told me that the urine was normal except for the fact that it was highly concentrated. Could this be from the tren or do you think it is unrelated.

I really wanted to start this as a discussion to see what the group thinks, so any input, no matter how small, is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by firefitr5287
    I want to hear some of the more medically inclined members or members that have extensive knowledge about some of the medical sides of fina/tren . Everyone has heard that fina is hard on the kidneys, but what exactly does this mean? Does fina cause kidney function to decrease, or does it prevent loop reabsorbtion causing highly concentrated urine? I am curious about the physiological facts behind the statement "it's tough on your kidneys".

On a side note, I went to the doctor today because I came down with a respiratory infection and needed antibiotics. I had been having lower back pain for about 2 or 3 days and decided to ask him about it, but leaving out the part about the roids. He said that he thought it could be a pulled muscle or something, but I don't see it being likely so he had me do a urinalysis. He came back and told me that the urine was normal except for the fact that it was highly concentrated. Could this be from the tren or do you think it is unrelated.

I really wanted to start this as a discussion to see what the group thinks, so any input, no matter how small, is appreciated!
    I think the tren vs kidney thing is more of an urban legend, but I could be wrong.
    If your doc said your urine was concentrated, and you're on cycle, that's your fault. You should be drinking so much water that this would never be the case. Alternatively, he may have just looked at urea levels, which can be affected by the crazy-high levels of protein in our diets and by by muscle catabolism...yeah, yeah, yeah, I know juice is anticatabolic, but this just means catabolism for us is lower than that of lifters not juicing. Our muscle catabolism rate is still much higher than a sedentary person.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Their is no scientific backing to "it's tough on the kidneys" because it's a myth, at least not anymore of an extent than test, or EQ, or deca , etc

I'm not really sure how the myth was started, I even fell into it for while. To this day, their has been no difinitive confirmation to the statement.

My blood work confirms it has no especially adverse effects on kidny function in my own body.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    BDTR is made of tren

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'll try to tackle this great question later today..I am crunched for time!

Doc M

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I also have not read any clinical studies proving that tren is toxic to the kidneys. I do however, feel that the increase in BP (maybe not for everybody) would be a contributing factor. So best to keep BP in check!

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    High blood pressure causes kidney damage during cycles. Estrogen causes high blood pressure. Tren doesn't aromatize. Tren doesn't aromatize. Tren doesn't aromatize. Highly aromatizing drugs like testosterone and dbol pose much more of a problem in terms of aromatization to estrogen and consequently, high blood pressure.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    yea...i remeber BDTR posting that he has been on tren for 60 weeks, and kidneys and liver are fine!?!
    60 weeks???...holy sh it

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Estrogen causes high blood pressure. Tren doesn't aromatize. Tren doesn't aromatize. Tren doesn't aromatize. .
    Not directly into estrogen, but tren is a dirivitive of nandrolonetestosterone , leaving estrogen at a higher ratio than before. The severity is questionable.

An AI and a SERM should be run anyhow, so this is moot

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    Very good info guys.... coincidentally, my BP was 124/84 which I think is outstanding on a cycle. I like some of the things I'm hearing... maybe my back pain is related to something other than the tren (which would make my day)

Thread Information