stags06 is offline Junior Member

please help...during every cycle i always get vicious nose bleeds

Is this normal???this is my fourth cycle and everytime ive gotten nose bleeds all the time like almost every day from stupid stuff like sneezing and itching my nose. im taking 60 mgs of winny everyday for the past 3 weeks and ive been gettin nose bleeds the past couple days pretty bad...is there ne ways to stop this or ne thing i can take to counter act this???

musclehead1 is offline Member
    It may be from the increased blood pressure, u should go get ur blood pressure checked.

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    Are you taking any blood thinners while on your cycle, such as ECA or other Aspirin-like products? Perhaps that could be aggravating the situation. And like Musclehead said, your blood pressure is probably high.

Blood-thinners basically prevent platelet aggregation, which would inhibit your ability to make platelet plugs...

Platelets are these little things in your blood that come together whenever there is a small "hole" in your body. Basically, your epithelial cells (cells lining your blood vessels) are always secreting Prostacyclin which inhibits platelets from aggregating. When your vessel walls are damaged, they can no longer produce Prostacyclin...so the platelets will no longer be inhibited from aggregating. The platelets come together, change shape, and "close the hole" forming a "platelet plug."

So what do blood-thinners like aspirin and ECA do?

They inhibit the production of Cyclooxygenase 1 and Cyclooxygenase 2 (COOX 1 and COOX 2). COOX 1 and/or COOX 2 are needed to form many prostaglandins...PgE2 is the prostaglandin responsible for pain, and this is why Aspirin prevents its production by inhibited COOX.

Unfortunately, one of the other prostaglandins that fail to be created without COOX is Thromboxane A2, which aids in formation of the platelet plug by calling other platelets to the site of the injury.

Since COOX are not being produced, you will not be able to produce Thromboxane A2 and thus you cannot form a platelet plug.

Patients with Thrombocytopenia have a problem with the formation of platelet plugs and so the small holes in their body are unable to be plugged successfully. Such patients typically display nose-bleed as one of the clinical signs. This is because "holes" are formed easily there...

How increased Blood Pressure would further screw you:
    Basically, taking steroids can increase your BP, and your blood will flow with more force on the side-walls of your blood vessels. This increased hydrostatic pressure would be enough to create more holes.

I advise you to visit a physician and get a blood test to ensure that you don't have a problem with your platelets. You need to get a complete blood count (CBC) because there could be a really severe problem like Thrombocytopenia.

And by the way, I used a lot of layman terminology and simplification to make this somewhat understandable. Forgive me for any errors.
    Last edited by BuffGuy; 02-28-2004 at 05:54 AM.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    as the other guys said, sounds like raised blood pressure, its pretty common however you should check out exactly what you blood pressure is rising to whilst on cycle

peace

If my post above doesn't make any sense, I'll make a diagram for you and try to make it make sense.

(and yes, technically I didn't quite explain what Thrombocytopenia is...I really glossed over all that, just wanted to indicate that there are various disease states that screw up your platelets so get your blood count done)
    Last edited by BuffGuy; 02-28-2004 at 06:27 AM.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    That's interesting because yesterday for the first time I got a severe nose bleed that wouldn't stop for sometime after I sneezed. Hasn't happened to me since I was a kid. Im on an Enanthate /Tren /dbol cycle. No ECA or aspirin. Taking Flax Seed Oil, milk thistle, ALA, Multi-V with anti-ox. Also I noticed bad acid reflux all of a sudden. I was taking Vitamin E+C gel caps and I assumed that was causing the indigestion. It seemd to subside but I still get some acid burn. I have been on this cycle for almost 14 weeks. I did switch my test from sustanon to Enanthate just few weeks ago. I know that will cause a spike in plasma levels but my blood pressure should stay stable even so.

Im interested in what you are taking Stag. Compare notes?

Also I am curious. I was taking 20mg of liquid nolva from LR which I believe is suspended in BA for sterilization. This was coincedently at the same time I was getting the bad reflux. I was assuming that digesting the BA may have caused the reflux?
    Last edited by LuvMyRoids; 02-28-2004 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    That's interesting because yesterday for the first time I got a severe nose bleed that wouldn't stop for sometime after I sneezed. Hasn't happened to me since I was a kid. Im on an Enanthate /Tren /dbol cycle. No ECA or aspirin. Taking Flax Seed Oil, milk thistle, ALA, Multi-V with anti-ox. Also I noticed bad acid reflux all of a sudden. I was taking Vitamin E+C gel caps and I assumed that was causing the indigestion. It seemd to subside but I still get some acid burn. I have been on this cycle for almost 14 weeks. I did switch my test from sustanon to Enanthate just few weeks ago. I know that will cause a spike in plasma levels but my blood pressure should stay stable even so.

Im interested in what you are taking Stag. Compare notes?

Also I am curious. I was taking 20mg of liquid nolva from LR which I believe is suspended in BA for sterilization. This was coincedently at the same time I was getting the bad reflux. I was assuming that digesting the BA may have caused the reflux?
    im just taking tiger pharm. winny tabs now @ 60mgs every day...im just getting back ito the swing of things after hockey season and then when im done with the winny ill be taking Norma deca ,sust, test prop,masteronwith clen nolva and clomid.....as far as supps go now im taking a ton a protien,dymetadrine xtreme(ephedra),isomer e,cla, flax seed oil,aminos

is there a supp i can take that will thicken my blood?

so my blood is probably really thin now due to the ephedra...i also take about 4-6 suddafeds before all my hoceky game because it had ehpedrine in it...is there ne thing i can take now to counteract this and thicken up my blood so i wont keep havin this problemn?

Quote Originally Posted by stags06
    so my blood is probably really thin now due to the ephedra...i also take about 4-6 suddafeds before all my hoceky game because it had ehpedrine in it...is there ne thing i can take now to counteract this and thicken up my blood so i wont keep havin this problemn?
    Yep, I was right...that's exactly what it is. It's the Ephedra (ECA) and ephedrine. These blood-thinners will inhibit your ability to make Thromboxane A2 needed to create "platelet plugs" as I mentioned earlier. That is what makes you have "nose-bleeds" which are also called "epistaxis" in medical terminology.

The problem is that you may have internal "bleeding" going on that you don't know about (the medical term is "petichae")...Check your legs and butt to make sure that you don't have small red dots. That's another clinical sign of people who can't make platelet plug successfully. Basically, wherever there is high pressure, you have vulnerability to "holes".

If I were you, I would go to a doctor ASAP and get a check-up. I'm pretty sure that he will tell you to lower the dose on those blood-thinners. Bro, internal bleeding is bad. Go to a doc...I think you shouldn't mess with your body's ability to "heal" itself.

Good luck, bro. Wish you the best.

And by the way, I'm a newbie and I think I should be made a mod for my excellent responses in this thread. OK, just joking. Take care.
    Last edited by BuffGuy; 02-28-2004 at 11:19 AM.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    As the other guys said check your BP. Everyone reacts different to juice.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffGuy
    Yep, I was right...that's exactly what it is. It's the Ephedra (ECA) and ephedrine. These blood-thinners will inhibit your ability to make Thromboxane A2 needed to create "platelet plugs" as I mentioned earlier. That is what makes you have "nose-bleeds" which are also called "epistaxis" in medical terminology.

The problem is that you may have internal "bleeding" going on that you don't know about (the medical term is "petichae")...Check your legs and butt to make sure that you don't have small red dots. That's another clinical sign of people who can't make platelet plug successfully. Basically, wherever there is high pressure, you have vulnerability to "holes".

If I were you, I would go to a doctor ASAP and get a check-up. I'm pretty sure that he will tell you to lower the dose on those blood-thinners. Bro, internal bleeding is bad. Go to a doc...I think you shouldn't mess with your body's ability to "heal" itself.

Good luck, bro. Wish you the best.

And by the way, I'm a newbie and I think I should be made a mod for my excellent responses in this thread. OK, just joking. Take care.

It's actually the aspirin that is inhibiting platelet aggregation - the ephedra has nothing to do with it and actually thickens your blood by dehydrating you through increased perspiration. Hence the addition of the " A " ( aspirin ) to the ECA stack . Stop the aspirin or anything you are taking containing white willow bark. The thinning effect should stop in 48 hours. The ephedrine increases your BP by constricting the walls of your blood vessels - hope you are feeling better soon.
    Last edited by powerlifter; 02-28-2004 at 12:51 PM.

thanks everyone for all your help....its greatly appreciated

stags06

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    It's actually the aspirin that is inhibiting platelet aggregation - the ephedra has nothing to do with it and actually thickens your blood by dehydrating you through increased perspiration. Hence the addition of the " A " ( aspirin ) to the ECA stack . Stop the aspirin or anything you are taking containing white willow bark. The thinning effect should stop in 48 hours. The ephedrine increases your BP by constricting the walls of your blood vessels - hope you are feeling better soon.
    How does increased perspiration "thicken the blood"? Actually, the layman terminology of "thinning the blood" is a misnomer...the blood is not being thinned, but rather losing its ability to form platelet plug, a pre-cursor of clots. Hence, increased perspiration will admittedly result in more hematocrit (packed RBCs) but that's about it...it doesn't have any affect on platelet plug or platelets in general.

I'm pretty sure that Ephedra is a "blood-thinner" because why else does it come with a warning not to take it with aspirin or any other blood-thinners? Also, I read this on Ephedra:

Another "case-control" study, published in the journal Neurology, concluded that the rate of hemorrhagic (bleeding) strokes among ephedra users was statistically significantly higher than among non-users, for people who take doses above 32 milligrams a day. Many ephedra dietary supplement labels recommend that users take up to approximately 100 mg of ephedra daily.
    I am pretty sure that docs think that ephedra either results in blood thinning or at least helps in it.

That's what I think , bro PowerLifter. But you might be right. I hope I didn't offend you in any way. I might be wrong. Take care, man.

Thread Information