DieselPlayer is offline Associate Member

Reducing Injection Pain--HELP

sup, guys...

does anyone have any tips for lessening the relatively excrutiating pain of doing those freakin' quad injections....perhaps, using a smaller needle size or something?...currently, i'm injecting with a 22g and the s.o.b. hurts like hell...there hasn't been much post-injection pain, thankfully, so i don't need advice on that....any help will be much appreciated...

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    you could try heating the oil, going with a smaller pin, cutting it with some sterile oil, massage the area real good after inject.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    sorry I didn't read the whole post, I would say your best bet then is a smaller pin. Quad shots are def. the most painful for me, just getting the needle in is a bitch.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    you could try heating the oil, going with a smaller pin, cutting it with some sterile oil, massage the area real good after inject.
    Yup...

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    22g in the thigh- ouch! I hate shooting in the thigh more than anywhere, but when I do, I use a 25g 1" I wouldnt recommend any other way.

Swellin Guest
    Switch to a 25g pin.

DieselPlayer is offline Associate Member
    WHEW!!....Now that's what i'm talking about...Problem seems to be solved...not sure why I never considered using a smaller pin...and indeed quad shots SUCK!!...Maybe this will alleviate that "song and dance"-hesistance routine that I've been employing to help me mentally prepare for this particular shot...THANKS, GUYS...

Swellin Guest
    Just another tip...no matter what muscle I inject, I stretch the muscle for the injection. For quads, I put my foot on the edge of the tub and lean forward...this does the opposite of flexing the quad. For tri's I bend my arm all the way closed ...for bi's I straighten my arm...for traps...I close my eyes and hope I don't hit anything bad.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    for traps...I close my eyes and hope I don't hit anything bad.
    not the most scientific approach but hey whatever works!!

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Yep you can also cut the gear with some B-12, that works good for some.

Quads are a real pain until you find the sweet spot. On my legs I have an area about the size of a nickel and if I hit anywhere else, I'm crippled for days. DON'T do the teardrop. About halfway up on the outer edge, just above the flexor that runs down the side of teh quad is the most painless spot in the leg for me personally.

Oh and what they said, use a 25g 1 incher. No need for frikken embalming needles.

-LH

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    Dude, I find the biggest prob for me is sucking out the juice from the ampules...it's so HARD! I lose hella juice doing it. Because I have to keep pushing the plunger up since it didnt work the first time around...ARGH

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Then use a large needle to draw, then change the pin to a 25. Simple. There's really no need for anything larger than a 25, except maybe with a 1 1/2" pin....that might be a little flimsy, I dunno.

-LH

Thanks for the advice...unfortunately, I can't find pins with replaceable needles...in the country I am in right now, they are super strict on needle usage, since people here re-use needles a lot and get diseases.

So I guess I think I'll just have to be more careful.. But it's annoying because I think I'm losing hella Test Ethan--the deca is not so bad since I am running 4 mL of it a week, whereas the Test Ethan is only 2..

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffGuy
    Thanks for the advice...unfortunately, I can't find pins with replaceable needles...in the country I am in right now, they are super strict on needle usage, since people here re-use needles a lot and get diseases.

So I guess I think I'll just have to be more careful.. But it's annoying because I think I'm losing hella Test Ethan--the deca is not so bad since I am running 4 mL of it a week, whereas the Test Ethan is only 2..
    I don't know the strength of those vials you have, but deca at twice the ml of test smells like trouble! It might be fine, due to the concentration...say test 250/ml and deca 100/ml. Otherwise....it sounds kind of bad.

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPlayer
    sup, guys...

does anyone have any tips for lessening the relatively excrutiating pain of doing those freakin' quad injections....perhaps, using a smaller needle size or something?...currently, i'm injecting with a 22g and the s.o.b. hurts like hell...there hasn't been much post-injection pain, thankfully, so i don't need advice on that....any help will be much appreciated...
    Guess Every one is diffrent. I just did my first shot ever and it was Test 400
    in the out side of my leg. Did not feel a thing ,That was last night.I have read about T 400 and the pain it May have .Leg feels good I could run or work legs today with out a problem.Also used 22G- 1.5
    I planed to do 10 weeks every 3Rd day at 200 witch is a Half cc of t 400
    Good luck, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I don't know the strength of those vials you have, but deca at twice the ml of test smells like trouble! It might be fine, due to the concentration...say test 250/ml and deca 100/ml. Otherwise....it sounds kind of bad.
    That's exactly what it is....250 mg/mL for the Test and 100 mg/mL for the Deca

Unfortunately, I'm losing some Test each time I fill my syringe, so it might be closer to 400-450 mg range. That sucks, because I wanted to make sure I get more Test than Deca.

db2
    db2 is offline New Member
    For quad shot, this is what I do. I choose area on quad to inject. Then swab area very well with %70 alcohol. Then take a ice pack, and put it in a ziploc, I then swab the side of the ziploc with alcohol that I am going to use to press against the skin. Hold ziploc with ice pack in it, against area you are goin to inject for 4-5 minutes. While I am waiting I put my syringe, needle up into a cup of hot water. After 4-5 minutes remove ice pack and plunge needle in, the area is completely numb, even if I hit a nerve I barely fell a pinch. It takes a little more time, but is well worth it, I love quad injects so much better control then any other area imo.

Thread Information