Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    np25 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    43

    Steroids and athletic performance

    I just finished a cycle of Finaplix that I took because I am a senior on a college baseball team. I understand that a lot of guys are going to get on here and say that the juice doesn't help athletic performance and I also realize that a lot of guys will say that it does help. It has not helped me personally. I am kind of frustrated by this because I like being big and strong but I took the juice just for baseball. I am about to begin a cycle of Winstrol which will be the last cycle I ever do in my life. I hope I have better results from this. Any comments both ways would be appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by np25
    I just finished a cycle of Finaplix that I took because I am a senior on a college baseball team. I understand that a lot of guys are going to get on here and say that the juice doesn't help athletic performance and I also realize that a lot of guys will say that it does help. It has not helped me personally. I am kind of frustrated by this because I like being big and strong but I took the juice just for baseball. I am about to begin a cycle of Winstrol which will be the last cycle I ever do in my life. I hope I have better results from this. Any comments both ways would be appreciated. Thank you.
    If you took just fina alone, that was your first mistake. Juicing will help your athletic performance a great deal if everything else is done right also. Training, diet, honing your particular skill, stretching, and doing your cycle correctly. If the juice didn't help you, then you weren't helping the juice.

  3. #3
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    If you took just fina alone, that was your first mistake. Juicing will help your athletic performance a great deal if everything else is done right also. Training, diet, honing your particular skill, stretching, and doing your cycle correctly. If the juice didn't help you, then you weren't helping the juice.
    Right on the money!...I don't think the juice was at fault here!...you should definately of stacked the fina with test...if you think fina alone was lowsy, just wait till you try winny alone...you would get better results from spending that money on prohormones and creatine.

    I'm sure we can help put a better cycle, or give some sound advice on what you could do to enhance your athletic performance.

  4. #4
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Dont mean to disagree with yall fellas, but AS has not shown to help in athletic performance. It WILL get the individual stronger and bigger, but there is no direct link to sports performance being enhanced due to AS. Some may say that by getting stronger you automatically become better, but that has not always been the case and its only an oppinion. --BigBoy21

    (Reference from " Principles of Athletic training", and "Advanced methods of Strength and Conditioning".

  5. #5
    zx7racing's Avatar
    zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,018
    give me a break- unless your chosen sport is chess; then an increase in strength and stamina is only going to help your game.. unless you are one of those really uncoordinated people who cant walk and chew bubble gum- then youre just out of luck...

  6. #6
    powerlifter's Avatar
    powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy21
    Dont mean to disagree with yall fellas, but AS has not shown to help in athletic performance. It WILL get the individual stronger and bigger, but there is no direct link to sports performance being enhanced due to AS. Some may say that by getting stronger you automatically become better, but that has not always been the case and its only an oppinion. --BigBoy21

    (Reference from " Principles of Athletic training", and "Advanced methods of Strength and Conditioning".
    You have got to be kidding me - bigger, stronger faster wasn't just Steve Austin, the Bionic Man - AS Helps. Why else would nearly the entire professional sport / Olympic Sporting athletes use ? Please.

  7. #7
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    i agree with zx... by adding muscle you will gain endurance and speed which in all sports i can think of except nascar (if you consider that) and horseback riding where being the littlest byatch out there is an advatage then i think that adding muscle is definitly going to help you out.... if not in the strngth aspect then you will have more muscular endurance, which will help.... either way AS do give you an edge in sports.. why do you think they are banned in all sports? because of the advantage they bring the user...

  8. #8
    chevy44's Avatar
    chevy44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    723
    steroids are not going to make you the great athelete you want to be, if you suck @ 6' 200lbs then your gonna suck @ 6' 215 lbs and thats my .02

  9. #9
    Eddie8's Avatar
    Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    289
    Ask Ben Johnson if steroids help athletic performance...

  10. #10
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    When I use AS, I do notice more stamina nad indurance in Basketball,sex-life ect..., But looking at data,( so my books claim ), that studies on AS users compared to placebo controlled group, there was no difference in the individuals who used AS that made them "better" in the sport. But I guess this could go either way, because look at Barry bonds, Johnson, ect..., they are the worlds best and used AS, ( not positive about Bonds yet ) Maybe my books are just trying to scare the readers to not use AS ?? Well, np25 who posted this is a good example, didnt get better game. Everyone is different I guess---Peace--BigBoy21

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie8
    Ask Ben Johnson if steroids help athletic performance...
    Ask the majority of olympic athletes except for the ballroom dancers.
    For those out there that still believe that increased muscle doesn't benefit athletic performance.....I don't know what to say. You can't possibly be that naive. Your particular sport-specific skills are something you need to hone, regardless of AAS usage, but increased strength and speed are an asset to any sport that deserves to be called a sport. I've completely lost faith in the public school system if there really are people out there that are this oblivious to the obvious.

  12. #12
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy21
    When I use AS, I do notice more stamina nad indurance in Basketball,sex-life ect..., But looking at data,( so my books claim ), that studies on AS users compared to placebo controlled group, there was no difference in the individuals who used AS that made them "better" in the sport. But I guess this could go either way, because look at Barry bonds, Johnson, ect..., they are the worlds best and used AS, ( not positive about Bonds yet ) Maybe my books are just trying to scare the readers to not use AS ?? Well, np25 who posted this is a good example, didnt get better game. Everyone is different I guess---Peace--BigBoy21

    If that were the case...there wouldn't be such a widespread abuse of AAS in ALL sports.

    AAS IMPROVE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.

  13. #13
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    i think it is the point of a lot of media out there to persuade people that steroids are no good and will not help you... it just doesn;t make sense though... granted as chevy pointed out if you suck you suck there is nothing you can take to make u better, BUt if u do have the ability then it is almost certain AS will help you get better!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy21
    When I use AS, I do notice more stamina nad indurance in Basketball,sex-life ect..., But looking at data,( so my books claim ), that studies on AS users compared to placebo controlled group, there was no difference in the individuals who used AS that made them "better" in the sport. But I guess this could go either way, because look at Barry bonds, Johnson, ect..., they are the worlds best and used AS, ( not positive about Bonds yet ) Maybe my books are just trying to scare the readers to not use AS ?? Well, np25 who posted this is a good example, didnt get better game. Everyone is different I guess---Peace--BigBoy21
    Look closely at the studies....they compare nonuser to someone taking 15mg of winny/day for 7 days or similar meaningless doses of AAS. When people use AAS in the appropriate doses and for the appropriate length of time, there is absolutely no question at all that they help athletic performance tremendously.

    They can't ethically do studies where subjects are using the "high" doses that are typically used.

  15. #15
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Yeah, your right that "If u suck then u suck"... A person should not expect to get better at their sport while useing AS if they already suck. you dont see arnold trying to play basketball just because he is bigger, maybe thats a bad example hehe, But If you train for your sport while on AS might and most likely will help. Like I said, I did notice it, but not everyone will.

  16. #16
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Actually my friends a perfect examples, they use AS and still way more than me cant hang with me playin ball, so IMOP you would have to train for the specific sport while on AS to get "better".

  17. #17
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    The AS users are on 250mgs of test every 2 weeks, hmmmm That could be a good point there buddy...



    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Look closely at the studies....they compare nonuser to someone taking 15mg of winny/day for 7 days or similar meaningless doses of AAS. When people use AAS in the appropriate doses and for the appropriate length of time, there is absolutely no question at all that they help athletic performance tremendously.

    They can't ethically do studies where subjects are using the "high" doses that are typically used.

  18. #18
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    winny alone is a really bad idea, especially if you pitch. it dries out the joints and weakens ligaments and tendons, makings you extreemly injury prone

  19. #19
    Eddie8's Avatar
    Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    289
    What does an "increase in athletic performance" mean? Do I get better hand eye coordination. Probably wont help that, so not good for golf or ping pong players. Will I get stronger. Yes, probably good for **** near every other sport including tennis. I think the point here is if you take AAS and you become stronger and faster and heavier you are probably more effective at whatever your sport is. If I am a basket ball player will my free throws get better...probably not and I think that is how the idiots that write articles stating that AAS do not increase athletic performance are measuring it. It's all in the way you set up the testing criteria. The other thing is that effective steroid use entails many cycles over time. There is no way that they can measure this because there are to many variables with the athlete. I may not shoot better free throws because of AAS use, but I will kick your ass up and down the basketball court after a few cycles!!!!! Just dont let me shoot the ball while I am on a cycle because I will probably miss the back board.

  20. #20
    Eddie8's Avatar
    Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy21
    Actually my friends a perfect examples, they use AS and still way more than me cant hang with me playin ball, so IMOP you would have to train for the specific sport while on AS to get "better".

    Playing what kind of ball?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie8
    What does an "increase in athletic performance" mean? Do I get better hand eye coordination. Probably wont help that, so not good for golf or ping pong players. Will I get stronger. Yes, probably good for **** near every other sport including tennis. I think the point here is if you take AAS and you become stronger and faster and heavier you are probably more effective at whatever your sport is. If I am a basket ball player will my free throws get better...probably not and I think that is how the idiots that write articles stating that AAS do not increase athletic performance are measuring it. It's all in the way you set up the testing criteria. The other thing is that effective steroid use entails many cycles over time. There is no way that they can measure this because there are to many variables with the athlete. I may not shoot better free throws because of AAS use, but I will kick your ass up and down the basketball court after a few cycles!!!!! Just dont let me shoot the ball while I am on a cycle because I will probably miss the back board.
    Hand eye coordination won't improve....BUT.....let's assume someone like Barry Bonds, who has/had great bat speed and hand-eye coordination before his "growth spurt". He maintains his hand-eye coordination, yet his bat speed improves due to being stronger...the ball travels further. Warning track shots are now splashing into McCovey cove. He can drive one out **** near off his fists or off the end of the bat. Your trade skills are not improved by AAS but they ARE magnified by AAS.

  22. #22
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie8
    Playing what kind of ball?
    Basketball....... I agree on the testing procedure, they did not specify how they tested them. When Iam on AS my endurance is way up, speed the same.

  23. #23
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Hand eye coordination won't improve....BUT.....let's assume someone like Barry Bonds, who has/had great bat speed and hand-eye coordination before his "growth spurt". He maintains his hand-eye coordination, yet his bat speed improves due to being stronger...the ball travels further. Warning track shots are now splashing into McCovey cove. He can drive one out **** near off his fists or off the end of the bat. Your trade skills are not improved by AAS but they ARE magnified by AAS.

    That is a good example, he trained fir HIS sport specific movments. But an athlete who just works-out and playes a sport for fun without training for the sport movement while using AS, is not going to get a huge difference in his game.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy21
    That is a good example, he trained fir HIS sport specific movments. But an athlete who just works-out and playes a sport for fun without training for the sport movement while using AS, is not going to get a huge difference in his game.
    AAS, squats, plyometrics= explosive power=acceleration and vastly improved explosive strength for leaping ability. Very few sports would frown on these attributes. I'm 5'9", white and I can dunk no problem. I couldn't get up their before, even though I was in great shape when I was younger (and I was much lighter). AAS aren't magic, but AAS + tons of hard work seems magical.

  25. #25
    Jaker B' Huge's Avatar
    Jaker B' Huge is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    179
    actually, they say that hand eye does improve a bit.not a whole lot, but enough to get a couple more hits...........Barry Bonds, and Jason Giambi don't hit homeruns because they are huge, they do because they are naturals, but the AAS helps them eith hand eye, focus, and aggresiveness......I guess ya'll can take what ya want form it

  26. #26
    BigBoy21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    AAS, squats, plyometrics= explosive power=acceleration and vastly improved explosive strength for leaping ability. Very few sports would frown on these attributes. I'm 5'9", white and I can dunk no problem. I couldn't get up their before, even though I was in great shape when I was younger (and I was much lighter). AAS aren't magic, but AAS + tons of hard work seems magical.
    You just named sports specific training for basketball, thats exactly what I said.... "5'9 and white" hehehe funny..... you say that like its a disadvantage .. just playin I know what you mean . So, hopefully putting this to an end because Iam goin to play ball to see if my AS can make me do a vince carter dunk ( no really), I believe and learned :

    AS will help if you train for the sport specific movement that you play, but if you just workout and expect to be spectacular at a certain sport unlikely;-- if you already suck than your gonna suck just as much except you got juice in you;--- athletic training and strength conditioning books dont tell you the whole story;--- dont open the bathroom door without knocking first unless you want to see grandma **** on herself because you scared her..peace--BigBoy21

  27. #27
    raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    224
    I see it this way, steroids are enhancers. It will enhance whichever training you go through. If your training is an effective mass building routine, it will give you more mass gains than if you were natural. Same with athleticism, if you train optimally for speed you'll get faster on a cycle, period.
    However if your training routine, as well as every other parameters, aren't aimed specifically toward your goals, chances are you'll be very disappointed.
    That's why I think a lot of guys should get smarter and research about training related to their specific goals first, before jumping on AAS.

  28. #28
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Hand eye coordination won't improve....BUT.....let's assume someone like Barry Bonds, who has/had great bat speed and hand-eye coordination before his "growth spurt". He maintains his hand-eye coordination, yet his bat speed improves due to being stronger...the ball travels further. Warning track shots are now splashing into McCovey cove. He can drive one out **** near off his fists or off the end of the bat. Your trade skills are not improved by AAS but they ARE magnified by AAS.
    Just like Mcguire, over the yeaers he frew and look where it took him

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Just like Mcguire, over the yeaers he frew and look where it took him
    Exactly. Not everyone can turn on a Randy Johnson fastball. It just so happens that McGwire could......and it went like 540ft.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •