Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Justoid is offline Associate Member
    thats certainly a tough experience you went through bro feel for ya. I am going in for surgery next week and am not too clued up on these bandages you have to wear that you guys are talking about? whats the deal with them- ie how long do you usually have to wear them for and are they noticeable under clothes?
    cheers bros

raven411 is offline New Member
    You will have to wear the bandages for 2-3 weeks and you will have to make sure when you re wrap yourself after showering that you wrap it very tight above the nips to keep the form because the bandages tend to slide down during the course of the day and so you will find yourself having to re wrap yourself occassionaly if you are doing a lot of walking. The pain is not too bad but the area will be sensitive especially when you are in the shower and the water is hitting that area. I know it does not sound like it will be painful but believe me it will be. The doc will give you Lortabs to take for the pain and that should get your through it but dont freak out at first when you see what your nips look like. With me, I really can not explain what happened and why I have the indentations, I am expecting a call from my surgeon any day to see what the next step will be. I wish you luck on your surgery.

cuban1983 is offline Junior Member
    i had surgery on Feb. 9th, and since then it has changed my life. What i found really surprising was every question i asked my doctor, he gave me the worst case scenario and did not attempt to qwell my fears. He is from S. Africa, studied at Univ. of Miami, and has board certification in about 5 different areas, including cosmetic surgery. My gyno is pretty much gone, although there is def. some tissue remaining, and im healing surprisingly well. Both pecs do not look exactly the same TO ME, but everyone else who sees them thinks its a big improvement and is generally impressed. Ive even convinced one of my friends to have the procedure. The Dr. is Dr. Hartog in Orlando, Fl. I highly recommend him.

Raven, im not sure of your situation or how severe it is etc.....but frivolous lawsuits are bull****. An operation is a calculated risk, and thats why it your job to research all u can and find a good doctor. Everyones body is different. In my opinion, she has an ethical obligation to touch-up her work until it is finished.....but going into such a procedure expecting perfection is silly. I live in Florida and i have many friends and family who are doctors. Some of them have left because of the lawsuit situation. I am not 100% satisfied with my operation, but he was honest with me, my chest is more aesthetically pleasing then before, and I am happier because of it. You sue when there is malpractice, period. I dont feel such a action is warranted in your situation.

hybridbmw is offline New Member
    Where in Florida are you located? I am trying to find a good doctor that can remove my gyno. I've had it since puberty and am ready to get rid of it!

cuban1983 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridbmw
    Where in Florida are you located? I am trying to find a good doctor that can remove my gyno. I've had it since puberty and am ready to get rid of it!
    Orlando

Froggy is offline Member
    Yes, surgery is a risk. As mentioned earlier, the world of men does need a better way to combat gynocomastia. I don't want it! You don't want it! And I don't want my brother to have it! And nobody should have to go through as much sh!t as raven411 did. To the medical students, BrokenBricks & einstein1905, good luck to you both.

Essy is offline Associate Member
    Are u kidding me. I think that it was the opposite, its a bad job. The scars shouldnt be there.. My friend had the operation and he has no scars at all. I also have gyno and went to see a plastic surgeon. He said he would be cutting on the areola so there would be no or close to no scars. Those scars are on his chest, not even his nipples. I would be pissed. Your going in there to get it fixed, not come out with another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks
    looks like a good job to me, other than the small scars which can be taken care of. I dont know why it was neccasary to cut as much as she did. Often a semicircle around the nipple border gives adequate access to the tissue. But if there is enough gyno that type of cut can be nessecary. I dont think there is any problem with the cosmetic result there that wont be fixed by skin resurfacing. What you DO need is to work on your pecs themselves when you are able. No before pictures?
    I am very suprised you think you were deformed.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Thanks for sharing your pers expierences with all us and posting pics, hope things work out for you bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information