Thread: PO boxes

ColdSore is offline Banned

PO boxes

theres not really a forum for this so im gonna stick it where the traffic is...

#1) What do you guys pay monthly for your PO box?

#2) do you have to sign up to keep it for a minimum of a year?

#3) How hard would it be to set one up in a fake name?
    - has anyone done this????

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I'll anwser #3 for you...

Two forms of a fake ID and a fake phone number just incase
    they feel like checking, which they most likely would never do...

You pay a year in advance, so I doubt they would ever call...

dumblucky is offline Member
    The only problem with using a fake name is that when you sing up for a PO box the form you sign is a federal form so that is a Felony..

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Lucky,

I have a box at Mail Box Etc. I've had 1 there since '98 and it works great. You can check you mail after hours or during regular business hours. Since most have change to the UPS store, it real easyto get UPS packages there.

The one I use is still MBE so they have UPS, USPS, FedEx and a couple of other shipping services.

You do have to have some type of ID, or some schmuck to get the box for you. If you live in the land of crack hos, tweekers, junkies, etc., its easy to find someone that will get the box for you. Just go w/ them, have them to fill out the paperwork. and you keep the key to the box. When the rent is due on the box they will give you a notice. Just pay in cash, tell them you don't need a receit, and have no other contact w/ them It would be best if you went to a neighboring town to do this, just to keep the person who signed for the box from getting your stuff. If for some reason the cops are there waiting on you, just tell them you are picking the mail up for a guy and have a good cover story.

Stengun

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Also a felony to bring in anything illegal to a PO Box

The fake ID and info will cover his ass just incase...

Of course this best applies to a post office with PO boxes

open 24 hrs so he could check it 2am to 3am in the morning

when he may be safer checking it...

Quote Originally Posted by dumblucky
    The only problem with using a fake name is that when you sing up for a PO box the form you sign is a federal form so that is a Felony..

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by dumblucky
    So true. Thats why you go to MBE or one of the other mail drops and get someelse to fill out the paperwork. I could round up at lest 10 peeps that would do that for me tomarrow for $20.00 Surely you know a couple who would do that for a few bucks.

Stengun

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    problem with that is they know you. Are you ure that they would be willing to take a possestion of an illegal substance charge for you?

ok...so if i get in my name and use it to have stuff sent from over seas and it gets nailed by customs what might happen??

will they just flag the po box addy???...the of course i wouldnt use it again...

or would they flag my name and most likely get a controlled delivery to my physical address???

also, what do you do if the package requires a signature?

palequail is offline Banned
    Dude if I were you I wouldn't order anything from overseas in your own name...That is just my opinion...i've mailed lots of stuff domesitcally and it always gets there with no questions asked..but overseas is another story...

Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    Dude if I were you I wouldn't order anything from overseas in your own name...That is just my opinion...i've mailed lots of stuff domesitcally and it always gets there with no questions asked..but overseas is another story...
    i wouldnt use my own name, but im talking about having it sent to my po box addy...they can track the addy back to me...thats why i wanted to use a fake (but now im deciding against it b/c it would only be another federal offinse on me) name b/c then they wouldnt know who in the hell's gear it is...see what im sayin ...maybe?

also...its a federal offinse to have an illegal substance delivered to a po box???...is it not a fed offense to have it mailed to your house also?

paperboy is offline Banned
    they're not gonna go to the trouble of going after a pobox, they'll just flag it, then you'll need to get another one..

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    ok...so if i get in my name and use it to have stuff sent from over seas and it gets nailed by customs what might happen??

will they just flag the po box addy???...the of course i wouldnt use it again...

or would they flag my name and most likely get a controlled delivery to my physical address???

also, what do you do if the package requires a signature?

I do not suggest trying to mess around with the Post Office. A felony is nothing to laugh at.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    they're not gonna go to the trouble of going after a pobox, they'll just flag it, then you'll need to get another one..
    Not true Bro - I suggest reading " Legal Muscle " for the nightmare of being set up at a post office.

buff...youve got a PM

anyone else???...experience, suggestions???

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i've had 3 packages siezed out of 6 in one year.all 3 were po box addy.i got rid of it.thinking they are more pron to scrutinize a po box # then a home addy

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    i've had 3 packages siezed out of 6 in one year.all 3 were po box addy.i got rid of it.thinking they are more pron to scrutinize a po box # then a home addy
    thats a **** good thought...have you had any seized coming to your home address???

dumblucky is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    Ouch that sucks
    I hope your source has a resend policy

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    never had a problem with a house addy...maybe dumb luck.but i gave up on the po box

panabolic is offline Associate Member
    A lot of good answers for you here. I have had a P.O.Box under an assumed identidy for other purposes then AS and have had it for about 6 years, it works great. Mine is at the central Post Office of the city I live in and is open 24 hours for access anytime which is very convenient for me. I would recommend this route as it offers another level of security if the gear is seized, you lose the gear but your name remains anonymous which is nice. Definately go with the 24hr boxes, btw I pay about $50 a year.

Howdy Bull,

I would still go w/ a box from a mail drop like MBE or Pony Express for all the above reasons. The nice thing about these boxes is that they don't look like a PO box. The Address is like this......

Joe Doe
    1234 Skid Row Apt. #567
    Bumville, FU 54679

It looks like an apartment. I've been using one for 6 years now and have never had any trouble. Plus, the peeps that run the place will sign for any packages, and you can always play dumb, because the box isn't in your name and the package isn't in your name. Your just picking it up for somebody else.

The person that signs for the box doesn't have to know you. Surely there is a homeless shelter around where you live. Get one of the homeless peeps to do it for you. $20.00 will buy you alot from a homeless crackhead. Been there, done that.

Stengun.

P.S. I like this kinda of thread. Everybody is trying to be helpful, and not putting out alot of useless and dangerous BS. Thumbs up guys!

Thread Information