Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Idea for handling green pea threads..........."rookie mods"

How about this...all new mods go through a probation period before they become full mods.....all they handle is the rookie posts(you know the ones)....then they make full mod after a certain time period or post count. Sounds like a pain in the arse, but maybe it can be a right of passage?

I think this could work...

D

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Wouldn't you think that post might piss off the new mods a tinny bit.

Now me I love the mods, all mods.

Yay mods!

*cough*kissass*cough*

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1

Yay mods!

*cough*kissass*cough*
    LMFAO - no offense D *cough*kissass*cough LOL

Yay mods!

*cough*kissass*cough*
    Well, of course all current mods would be grandfathered in....all mods made after the concept is what I meant.

D

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    Well, of course all current mods would be grandfathered in....all mods made after the concept is what I meant.

D
    True. But with this thread pointing straight to you as the originator of the rule, future mods wrath could be terrible.

True. But with this thread pointing straight to you as the originator of the rule, future mods wrath could be terrible.
    It would be for the greater good of the board...I think they would see that! lol@ the poking icon!

D

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    What a clown...We don't just make people mods out of the blue...Why would they need a probation period?

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    What a clown...We don't just make people mods out of the blue...Why would they need a probation period?
    Is the most constructive reply you could come up with bro? We're not curing cancer here man! I did mean people the were perhaps on the cusp for qualification. Not creating a mod for its sole purpose. I guess I'm not relaying my concept clearly....I thought it was the begining of a good idea.

D

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Mods are respected member's of this board......Just about all of them know what he/she is talking about.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i get whast your saying dent... like 100 posts before someone becomes a full mod let them moderate noob questions..... this way the reg mods don;t have to really think about them...

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    i get whast your saying dent... like 100 posts before someone becomes a full mod let them moderate noob questions..... this way the reg mods don;t have to really think about them...
    Along those lines, yes.

D

No mod that i know has 100 posts total.........i could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    No mod that i know has 100 posts total.........i could be wrong though
    100 AFTER the changing to the rookie mod status.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    yes, this is gay. a mod is a mod. plain and simple. you could consider their pre-mod days as their probation.....

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    agreed

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If it benefits the board then I'm sure they would be all for it. Unfortunately I don't see how putting a mod through an initation phase would serve any benefit. If it ain't broke why fix it, right?

BDTR is offline Retired
    ::scratches head:: why?

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont get this post either, give me a specific instance where you think a mod should not be a mod.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    take this to the lounge if you all wanna micromanage sh!t.... i think the board and mods are fine the way they are-
    if it aint broke- dont f'n fix it...

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    hey maybe there should be a secret hand shake too--
    silly people...

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    What a clown...
    hey bro, I copywrote that quote 3 years ago, so pay up

bad thread
    newb questions are just part of this being a big and popular board

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I guess since I am the "Newbie" Mod, I will take a sacrafice for the team and consider myself on probation until I reach the 100 post count..Since I get about 500 PM's and Instant Messages everyday, I think that is going to take about 10 minutes!! But anything in the name of peace!!

Doc M

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    ::scratches head:: why?
    I can recall bdtr's "probation period" for 3 months straight he answered every question asked

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    I guess since I am the "Newbie" Mod, I will take a sacrafice for the team and consider myself on probation until I reach the 100 post count..Since I get about 500 PM's and Instant Messages everyday, I think that is going to take about 10 minutes!! But anything in the name of peace!!

Doc M
    good one Doc

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~

Doc M
    **** newbies...

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I'd say if they have been made a mod then they have paid their dues. And I am sure they discuss a lot of the major decisions that will be made before action is taken. So I am sure they know where the other mods stand on issues. Point is, they know who to pick based on what that individual will mean to the board, how they can contribute, their knowledge, and experience etc. I've been on AR for awhile and we've always had the best mods. hah how is that for a$$kissing!! lol

Peace,

CC

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    a heads up.....

everyone thats been considered or ultimately bumped to mod status(or even vet status) has been screened as carefully as possible.
    we look at background, contributions to the board and/or members, and attitude, amongst other things.
    as far as i'm concerned, this is the probation period, this time we're in discussion amongst ourselves as to what to do. i dont think bumping someone, and then basically telling him or her that they have to fulfill "X" amount of requirements before they get "full status" is necessarily fair, to us or the person in question.
    they've already done that, or we wouldnt be considering them in the 1st place........

peace I4L

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    bro is there something wrong with the people we pick as mods? i mean look around(apart from ifl, cant beleive we made that old guy a mod) all the mods are spot on, hand picked, sure we have made mistakes however i feel the team we have now is excellent. Do you think we been here for this long, and got 20k members cos we dont know how to run things? I wonder maybe you just did one of those 5 day management courses and decided to teach everyone how to run things? but anyway if you got something to say, maybe you can send me or one of us a pm, however im quite happy with all our mods now and the way we do things, as people have said why try to reinvent the wheel?

peace

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why dont you start your own board and stop telling jason how to run his board...

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I don't think the original post was made to say there was a problem with any mod.. I think he made it with 100% of its intentions to solve the 148 newbie questions asked everyday that coudl be answered by reading educational threads..

I repeat i do not think the original post was to say ANYTHING about ANY mod not being qualified or able to do the job..

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey, how about someone make a thread that will erk and really piss of the MODS. Oh wait, this is the thread. Never mind.

Prot is offline Banned

Good idea re new mods

[QUOTE=Doc M] I guess since I am the "Newbie" Mod, I will take a sacrafice for the team and consider myself on probation until I reach the 100 post count..Since I get about 500 PM's and Instant Messages everyday, I think that is going to take about 10 minutes!! But anything in the name of peace!!

Since when can't a doctor spell "sacrifice"? Judging by Doc M's flip and erroneous statements concerning testicular and prostate cancer in another thread, I question whether he is qualified to be a medical Mod. Has anyone actually seen his medical license? It seems odd that a physician would not know some basic facts regarding cancer and now would misspell "sacrifice".

[QUOTE=Prot]

Since when can't a doctor spell "sacrifice"? Judging by Doc M's flip and erroneous statements concerning testicular and prostate cancer in another thread, I question whether he is qualified to be a medical Mod. Has anyone actually seen his medical license? It seems odd that a physician would not know some basic facts regarding cancer and now would misspell "sacrifice".
    You my friend are a fool.

OxyMan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    I don't think the original post was made to say there was a problem with any mod.. I think he made it with 100% of its intentions to solve the 148 newbie questions asked everyday that could be answered by reading educational threads..

I repeat i do not think the original post was to say ANYTHING about ANY mod not being qualified or able to do the job..

right on...........I dont think he means anything against you guy's.
    maybe he should restate.

Grant is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Prot]

you think they made him a mod on a whim, why is the ability to assess knowledge on the mods part at question here, have you seen somebody led the wrong direction, what was the cause of this thread?

Prot is offline Banned

yes the thread was one asking for Doc M or others to give medical advice

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    you think they made him a mod on a whim, why is the ability to assess knowledge on the mods part at question here, have you seen somebody led the wrong direction, what was the cause of this thread?
    And in it Doc M asserted that prostate cancer could happen at any age although the person in question had seen a physician who advised him he had prostatitis. In fact 70% of prostate cancers occur in men over 65..not in young men . He further stated that testicular cancer could occur at any age although it does rarely outside the 15-40 age range. He used these fallacious arguments to respond to assertions by me that the young man in questions doctor had erroneously told him that his condition was caused by high androgen levels. Doc M never addressed this fallacy but it is in fact an error and research of the literature finds no reference to androgen levels at all but bacterial infection is the primary cause, which the physician was treating him for with an antibiotic. The course of the thread was that "doctors are always right and we should always do what they say".

The title of that thread is "Doc M, or other medically qualified persons, I need your help".
    Last edited by Prot; 02-29-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Whats you deal with the word erroneous? Is that the only "big" word that you know? You used it in both posts. I can understand once, but twice? Is this a word that you have just been waiting to use or something?

OxyMan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    I don't think the original post was made to say there was a problem with any mod.. I think he made it with 100% of its intentions to solve the 148 newbie questions asked everyday that could be answered by reading educational threads..

right on...........I dont think he means anything against you guy's.
    maybe he should restate.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    close this thread, this is pointless

Prot is offline Banned

its just a descriptive word

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Whats you deal with the word erroneous? Is that the only "big" word that you know? You used it in both posts. I can understand once, but twice? Is this a word that you have just been waiting to use or something?
    It describes how I felt about the information shared and I am sorry if I was repetitive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information