bigguyca is offline New Member

How to find a doctor/advisor

Does anyone know of a way or make a suggestion on ways to find a doctor or advisor that can help build a cycle for a first time steroid user in one's area?

somedude247 is offline Member
    Do not talk to a doctor about a beginners cycle, they will give u every reason in the book not to do it..go to a gym, look around, u can always tell the experienced users of AAS...get to know them, they will be able to help u out forsure...they prob also have good connections to get product as well....

razor67 is offline Banned
    i prefer to get info from boards such as this.. seems to me 9 outta 10 guys at the gym dont have a clue.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    not to mention some of the gym guys are just out to make money... i know of one at my gym who wants to charge something like 250 for deca ... personally a board like this would be the way to go...

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

cycle

no need for a doc. here ya go 500mg test e a week for 12
    nolva and clomid. there ya go! that'll be 200.00 for the consultation.

destroying angle is offline Junior Member
    I have worked with two doctors that write me scripts. They were both HRT doctors and they dont know sh*t about Steroid cycles. All the information that you need is on this board. My doctors have given me bad advice several times. Use the search button and you can get a wide range of answers to your questions. I would start with a low dose of test between 200mg and 400mg for 10 week followed by PCT of clomid to see how you react. Have an Anti E on hand incase you need it. My first cycle was 200mg for 10 weeks with clomid PCT and I loved it.

Latimus is offline Banned
    The only thing dr are good for is blood tests...make sure you get them done

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    Doctors don't know anything. My doctor told me that if I want to get muscular, then I should power-walk every night for 30 minutes and lift light weights 3 times a week.

This one time, my mother forced me to go to the doctors for my "steroid abuse ". This was when I did my first cycle. I had planned on a 10 week cycle, but my mom found my stuff on week 6...she dumped all of it. I was screwed, because she dumped all my PCT stuff too.

I tried explaining to the doctor that I need clomid and/or nolvadex ...he was completely bewildered and started looking in his book for these drugs (I had even given the scientific names for them, and he still had never heard of them). The doctor then realized that these drugs were meant for women (since of course he didn't know about why bodybuilders use them for PCT). He said (I suspect to embarass me): "this is used for women who are ovulating." LOL

Just a few years ago, the medical community used to claim that there is no proof that steroids cause any muscle hypertrophy (increase in size). Even today, many doctors still tout this same line. It's comical.

I suspect that the dichotomy between physicians and bodybuilders has to do with the creativeness of bodybuilders, who will use any drug to increase gains. This bewilders physicians who are only aware of the conventional uses of a drug.

The best place to look for information is this forum. There is TONS of information in the Education Threads forum...in addition, we have a doctor here who is a moderator as well. He's awesome. I think people just refer to him as "doc".

And don't ask people at your gym unless you know them from before. I did that the first time, and I met a guy who ended up screwing me. Partly intentionally, and partly due to his own stupidity. He got me T-3 without any TEST and I ended up losing all my size....That serves me right for not doing my own research and just trusting him.

Then finally I found this forum and then I spent months and months doing research on it. Even though I'm a newbie, I reckon I know a lot more than that guy who I had approached in the gym (despite his large size). The guys at the gym are dumb. Don't trust them. Your best bet is this website. Just make sure to do your own research by reading the Educational Threads....then and only then post your questions, making them as close-ended and directed as you can. Open-ended questions like "Give me a good bulking cycle" will only result in flaming.

But yes, anyways--this website is awesome. A salute to everyone on it, especially the vets who have to deal with newbies like myself.
    Last edited by BuffGuy; 03-01-2004 at 08:05 PM.

thanks

Thanks to all the guys who answered my question. While I have to agree that this site is incredible in regards to the amount of info available, my concern is that I get so many differing opinions about what to do for a first cycle that it's very hard to determine which is right for me. It's also hard to take advice from people you've never met and have no idea how reliable they are. True?

razor67 is offline Banned
    just keep researching... id say 8 out of 10 people will recommend a test only cycle for your first.

btw, there are many bros on this board that will advise you to the best of their ability. but what worked for one may not work as well for the other.. thus varying opinions.

Thanks to Doc M the medical moderator for his advise.

Thread Information