Virge is offline New Member

Going to Matamoros Area

Hey.

I have a few questions guys. Ive done my research so I will try not to be redundant. We are going into the Matamoros area (we could also go into the Nuevo Laredo area). We cant go in any further than 20 miles without needing a tourist card....i could get it but i dont want to deal with all the checkpoints along the way. Does anyone know any good areas in these two locations to buy gear? Im new to the mexican game, so im not so sure how to spot a real dealer or someone who wouldnt rat me out. Ive also never been to mexico so if anyone could give me general directions i would appreciate it. I would also welcome any advice or opinion before we go.

Ive also come up with some ideas of getting the gear back.....please feel free to critique:

1) Jock it (most common of course)
    2) standard mail in a poster tube back home
    3) drop vials into the tube under my adjustible bike seat and walk it back across border
    4) superglue to bottom of my golf bag (inside bottom of course!)
    5) underneath hubcaps by lugnuts (ducttape)

i could go on with dozens more (my roomates and i have no lives and we sit around and think of this sh** all day!!!)....anyone else who has ideas and is willing to share please do so!

thanks guys

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    im not too sure this is the best idea to post little tricks to egt over the border... JMO you never know who is watching!! you don;t want to screw yourself over!

chevy44 is offline Member
    those ideas are cool and all but if you get searched then they're going to find it.... if they suspect anything they rip your car apart

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Virge,

Why don't you just ask someone who goes the Nuevo Laredo, Mx several times a year. Maybe someone who's been there in the past 2 1/2 weeks or so.

Stengun

razor67 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy Virge,

Why don't you just ask someone who goes the Nuevo Laredo, Mx several times a year. Maybe someone who's been there in the past 2 1/2 weeks or so.

Stengun
    yeah... ask stengun ...

sintexxx is offline New Member

I live 10 min. from Matamoros

I live in the Matamoros border town named Brownsville.
    I don't know where you are coming from so I can't give ya directions but i can easily tell ya where to find gear. Also, I have the luxury of driving across and getting the shots administered at the pharmacy on a weekly basis...therefor I don't ever have to bring sh*t back. If ya need some info PM me.
    Sintexxx

brocklez is offline Junior Member

i get all my gear from mexico

i do not think you should bring anything back from that area, its not a crossing to a resort town, i live in Az i have the luxary of going to rocky point mexico a popualr resort town, wich has great vet and human gear. I been to nogalas and T.J mexico walking across both times, and both times i got pated down, thankfully never brought anything across. Be carefull if your a solid freak never walk across, if your driving brink a hot chick to distract customs and dress in baggy cloths, going to rocky point i have never been checked good luck bro.

brocklez is offline Junior Member

also

never pull up to a phamacy in your car park down the block and walk, also be very cool to the person your buying from, i know for a fact that mexicans who work in phamacys suplement there income by tiping off customs, i've herd of this happing in T.J and the the el paso - Juauez crossing.

Thread Information