Receiver84 is offline Associate Member

Question for the Doctor or anyone else

This is sort of off Subject but here goes.

I'm taking my current cycle for 2 main reasons. 1) to feel and look good, 2) absolutely dominate in football. #2 was moving along great until I took a hard knee to my thigh in a game yesterday afternoon. I am now stuck with a bad deep thigh bruise that has rendered me immobile for the most part. I iced it on and off all day yesterday and now am inquiring about what I might be about to do to achieve the quickest recover. Rest (obviously), stretching, work it out, ect. At this time I can literally barely walk or bend my leg at all. Squating for the time being is out of the question. Heck, bending my leg is out of the question. There is no major swelling or discoloration of the area, just a lot of pain. Like I said, this is barely AS related but I figured you guys know a lot about muscles so this would probably be as good a place as any to ask. Thanks for any tips.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Ive had that happen... they hit you just right in the quad right? hurts like hel l to bend it. For me each and everyday I got a little more flexiblity back till it i was healed. Each day I stretched it out a little more... give it a few days and you should be alright.. goodluck

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Ice / Elevation/ use an NSAID ( Naproxen Sodium is good - allows you to dose every 12 hours ) Stretch it as tolerated / passive ROM exercises - best of luck - keep us posted Bro

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    R. I. C. E. Rest Ice Compression Elevation

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

Time

Stengun

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy,

Time

Stengun
    If you say howdy one more time.......

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    It is just a little bit better this morning then yesterday. I can finally almost get me leg into my vehicle without extreme pain. It's amazing how such a light him in the right spot can cause so much of a problem.

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    R. I. C. E. Rest Ice Compression Elevation
    Along with this, try to make small motions with this leg (ROM excersises is what they are called as someone above pointed out). Only disagreement I see with the R.I.C.E acronym is the ice. Ice is good when it is initially swelling or right after the injury to slow fluid movement to the affected spot (ie swelling) If it has been a couple of days, I would use heat now intermittently (sp?). Heat will open up the blood vessels, allow more blood to go to the site of the injury, carry away any clotted blood deep in the muscle, and help repair the tissue faster. Don't use it all day, just occasionally.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    If nothing is broke, torn, mutilated, etc....it will just take time - along with the stretching and rubbing, etc. It is always amazing how fast the body can recover if you give it a little bit of time and leave that part of the body alone for a few days.

peace,

ttgb

Thread Information