superior is offline New Member

Lightbulb Dutasteride or Propecia or Nizoral with Cycle

I am currently taking 1mg of Propecia daily with Nizoral 2% shampoo. I currently have had past balding since I was 18 yrs old. The Propecia I have been taking for 1 year now and the Nizoral I use twice a week. I have currently have stopped the process of balding and I'm about to take my 2nd cycle which looks like this:

Week 1-4: 35mg/day Dbol +400 EQ/week+500 Sust Ethan/wk+20mg/day Nova
    Week 5-12: 400 EQ/week + 500 Sus Ethan/week + 10mg/day Nova
    Week 14-16: PCT Clomid 50mg/day

My question is that should I double up on the Propeicia while on my cycle?
    Should I use the Nizoral more frequently while on my cycle?
    Should I try using Dutasteride while on my cycle (never used it before)

*And If I use Nizoral or Dutasteride will it have a negative result on my cycle?

BTW: I'm 26, 182lbs, 5'10" 14% BF

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Why change anything, if you really want to know ask your doc.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    What is Sus Enanthate ? Are you taking both ?

I wouldn't up anything. But check with some Docs on board here.

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    you might want to look up dutasteride a little more, cause i dont think you understand just how toxic and extensive it is.

nobody(insurance) covers this stuff.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    duasteride better than propecia, cant speak for either one's toxicity(first time i've heard that). The DHT fighting effects are so similar at 1mg and 5mg that it is obvious doubling up will do little good. use the nizoral every time you shampoo, use spiro or rogaine or some other topical at night, and ensure you get your vitamins. There isnt much more that you can do. I'm saving for a transplant

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Use the dutasteride, it's gonna be the best thing you can get...

If I take it will it reduce the potency of my cycle and reduce my results?

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I wish there was more research in regards to these types of questions. I don't know of any studies that have been done on gear usage and anti-dht drugs. Maybe I am wrong? I'd maybe up the propecia to 2-5mg's ed during this cycle. I have seen people give recommended dosages to use while on higher amounts of gear. However, I can't seem to find them anymore. I think I would stick to what you are doing if it is working for you and maybe just bump the propecia up a bit during the cycle and for about a month after the cycle ends. BTW, dutasteride is not toxic, but if I am wrong by all means please show me some studies.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by superior
    If I take it will it reduce the potency of my cycle and reduce my results?
    Even if it is, would you rather gain the extra 5lbs and lose all your hair or take an extra couple months to put on the extra weight? You can always gain weight but once your hair is gone, you are pretty much done...

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    carbon copy: dutasteride is toxic...i cant remember the link but i know the info is out there.

Just do a google search on it.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecbulk
    carbon copy: dutasteride is toxic...i cant remember the link but i know the info is out there.

Just do a google search on it.
    I hope not as I have been on it for a year now.. heh.. And I've never heard this before? Do you know at what dose it is toxic? Or are you just saying it is toxic in general? It is FDA approved to treat BPH, so doubt it is that toxic as the treatment for BPH is often very long term. The drug is a lot like propecia aka proscar which has been around forever and is not shown to be toxic at the recommended dosages.

Peace,

CC

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have never seen it said that it is toxic. It's a daily pill so I don't think the FDA would allow it out if it needs to be ingested daily and is toxic. It also has a much longer half-life than proscar/propecia. I think it can be (as many drugs are) toxic to the liver if you already have liver disease. We should all be getting our livers checked at the very least 1 time per year. I have used dutasteride/avodart at 1 pill per day for about 14 months and no problems here. I would recommend you stay with proscar for now for price reasons. If you want to try something with better dht suppression to see if it not only stops hair loss but might grow back some hair then plan on investing about 12 months to see the true benefits of avodart/duta. It does work better than proscar which I was on daily at 1.25mg for 5 years prior to switching. The insurance companies are unaware that people are using it for cosmetic purposes so many people can sneak it in under their copay which will make it as cheap or cheaper than proscar. It might raise a red flag if you are under a certain age becuase you shouldn't have an enlarged prostate in your 20's. Avodart is in phase 3 trails for prostate cancer prevention as well where phase 1 and 2 trials were favorable.
    Last edited by scottp999; 03-04-2004 at 04:24 PM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Also, if you research avodart on hair loss message boards you have to be real careful about believing people's stories. There are a lot of horror stories out there because there is a tremendous motivation by people pushing snake oil/bogus treatments that want to give it a bad rap.

Buckaroo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superior
    I am currently taking 1mg of Propecia daily with Nizoral 2% shampoo. I currently have had past balding since I was 18 yrs old. The Propecia I have been taking for 1 year now and the Nizoral I use twice a week. I have currently have stopped the process of balding and I'm about to take my 2nd cycle which looks like this:

Week 1-4: 35mg/day Dbol +400 EQ/week+500 Sust Ethan/wk+20mg/day Nova
    Week 5-12: 400 EQ/week + 500 Sus Ethan/week + 10mg/day Nova
    Week 14-16: PCT Clomid 50mg/day

My question is that should I double up on the Propeicia while on my cycle?
    Should I use the Nizoral more frequently while on my cycle?
    Should I try using Dutasteride while on my cycle (never used it before)

*And If I use Nizoral or Dutasteride will it have a negative result on my cycle?

BTW: I'm 26, 182lbs, 5'10" 14% BF

Use revivogen, my housemate and I have had amazing results with this product. It is EXTREMELY effective at blocking dht .... do a search online for it.

B

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Also, if you research avodart on hair loss message boards you have to be real careful about believing people's stories. There are a lot of horror stories out there because there is a tremendous motivation by people pushing snake oil/bogus treatments that want to give it a bad rap.

I agree with both of your posts scottp. There are a lot of avodart bashers out there saying it doesn't work! Or that it made their hair worse, just so they can push their own crappy product. None of those snake oil treatments have FDA backing or approval. Nor do they have scientific studies backing their claims. Granted avodart is not approved as a treatment for MPB however, it is a well know fact and proven that propecia is an effective treatment for MPB and is FDA approved. Since avodart is a more powerful version of propecia as it blocks 5-alpha-reductase type I and II it stands to reason that avodart would be a very effective drug for treating MPB. Hair regrowth was also shown in GlaxoSmithKline's scientific studies and noted throughout their trials. I am sure there are other off label treatments that can work for treating MPB. But, just be careful of the snake oil pushers like scottp said.

Peace,

CC

Thanks for all the info!!!

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    i have read somewhere that using Propecia while on EQ, or deca can be detrimental to your hair. i only saw it at a glance, because i do not have a balding problem. look more into using propecia ON cycle.

Want2GetHuge is offline Associate Member
    I know Deca is but not EQ - or at least I was never able to find anything on it!!!!

Oh, and revivogen is EXPENSIVE!

ALSO, RESEARCH SHOWS TAKING MORE THAN 1MG OF FINASTERIDE (Propecia or Proscar doesn't have much of ANY effect whatsoever!)

Buy Proscar @ 5mgs, split the tab into 1.25mgs - IT'LL SAVE YOU ABOUT 70%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckaroo is offline New Member
    [QUOTE=Want2GetHuge]

Oh, and revivogen is EXPENSIVE!

QUOTE]

Yea .... I guess that is the only downside to it. It works for me though, so Ill keep using it

B

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Finasteride and durasteride only work on drugs that go through 5-alpha reductase. So, test is about it. Deca doesnt reduce to DHT, so finasteride or durasteride wouldnt make hair loss worse, they simply would have no effect whatsoever. Deca and similar nandrolone synthetics reduce to DHN, an androgen with very poor androgen receptor binding ability. Deca will still make ones hair thin if that individual is predisposed. Even a relatively weak androgen like DHN will cause alopecia.

Finasteride and durasteride + nandrolone do not = more hair loss

Thread Information