BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

Newbies and very low doses.....

OK, lately I've seen a lot of new guys say they are only going to do 100/200mg of (lets use Test as an example) TEST. Now, their reasoning behind it is they don't want to be HUGE like body builders, they don't want to grow that big, or they don't want to do dangerous doses like most guys on the board. (basically, they think by doing a very small dose they will get decent gains)

Well, what they don't seem to understand is we don't tell you to do 250-500mg of TEST because thats what us crazy guys do, we tell you need doses like that just to see any type of results. It's not like if you do 100mg you will get half the results, its because small doses like that will do nothing more to you than shut your natural test production down.

The same hold true for large doses. Doing 1g of TEST vs. 500mg won't necassary double your gains, It will just give you more sides.

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    i agree with you on that

grave digger is offline Junior Member
    good post BLT.

righton is offline Senior Member
    I'm one of the few that don't believe in mega doses for beginners! The body produces about 10mg/day test so anything above that will do wonders.My first ( 10yrs ago)cycle was 250/250 test/deca and i gained 25-30lbs, so when someone says 250 test/deca is a waste or will do nothing thats their opinion. What i gained off of my so called low dose cycle is a FACT!!

Swellin Guest
    That may be why BLT said "250-500," rather than 400-500. BLT has done a low dose cycle and is a low dose proponent. He is discussing the silliness that has pervaded the board as of late...100-150mg "cycles."
    Righton, that is great...glad you had excellent success! You were doing 250 test....& 250 deca . These guys are talking about doing 100-150 of either...not both.

Nice post BLT.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Definitely need to find the "middle ground." No sense going through all of the injections, money, etc. and not get some kind of gains out of it. You can still experience sides, test shutdown, etc. on VERY LOW doses. At least get your money's worth out of a cycle.

Anything lower than 250mg/wk of test is a waste. Personally, I wouldn't do less than 400mg/wk for 10 weeks as my first cycle. Good gains, very moderate sides, cost effective, easy to recover from. That's just my opinion.

peace,

ttgb

Oh yeah...I wouldn't do any more than 500mg/wk for a first cycle either.

peace,

ttgb

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    My 1st cycle was 350mg/wk----->kept 18lbs
    2nd cycle was 200mg/wk------->will probably end up keeping 12-15lbs

I'm sure the shutdown threshhold isn't the same for everyone. Some may get shut down and not grow by a dose of 200mg/wk, but I bet most wouldn't.

JMHO

D

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    HAHA, this makes me laugh b/c i remember only wanting to do 200mg/week my first cycle, then i started reading and learning about cycle and doses and things like that and thought WTF was i thinking. Good post and very true and I agree with ttgb, dont go under 400mg/week or over 500mg/week your first cycle.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I too agree that low dosage is good. But not too low. I did 350mg a week and I kept 19lbs. My pics are in the members pics if you want to see the before and after...
    Once again a good newbie post BLT

righton is offline Senior Member
    What has been a staple of this board was ppl saying "do 500 this 600 that" and that anything less was useless and theres hundreds of threads that say that. The mentality is more is better when in fact smaller doses(for beginners) will give great results AND save money! A beginner cycle of 20-30mg dbol /day, 250/250 test/deca will easily put on 25-30lbs and i have'nt heard of anyone gaining much more by doing large doses the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    It's not like if you do 100mg you will get half the results, its because small doses like that will do nothing more to you than shut your natural test production down
    i agree with your post sort of, but think about this, your natural test production shuts down b/c your body notices its producing more test than it needs.and when you produce more test than you need, your gonna see any sort of gains weather it be only a 5 lb increase in your bench or a 2 inch increase in chest size.it will do something.

I honestly transformed my body with my first cycle with only 250mg of TEST and 200mg of EQ. Now, I did raise the doses late in the cycle once I knew my body was OK with AS and yes, I did run the cycle longer than most. But, I got a lot of my size and gains at a low dose.

The post wasn't so much about doing a low dose as in doing AS incorrectly. Another thing is newbies won't by enough AS, but think hey since I have it I might as well run it at 100mg a week.

I was just getting tired of trying to explain to new guys that taking Winstrol at 25mg EOD is a waste.

SAVE YOUR MONEY and DO A CYCLE CORRECTLY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    i agree with your post sort of, but think about this, your natural test production shuts down b/c your body notices its producing more test than it needs.and when you produce more test than you need, your gonna see any sort of gains weather it be only a 5 lb increase in your bench or a 2 inch increase in chest size.it will do something.
    If you only want 5lbs increase in your bench over a 10 week period, then you DO NOT need steroids . Make sense?

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    I disagree. The average male produces 70mg of TEST a week. There is NO way that doing 100mg of TEST will yield gains.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    If you only want 5lbs increase in your bench over a 10 week period, then you DO NOT need steroids . Make sense?

peace,

ttgb
    EXACTLY!!!! Great point! Take creatine for that..

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    well i hate to burst your bubble, but for my first 2 years of anabolics use i never went over 350mg/wk and i am by no means small(5,9-225lbs-13%).

Sure genetics are a factor in all on this but you still have to leave yourself room your future cycles.

I mean if you do 500mg/wk of test for your first, then 750mg/wk for your second...at that rate your gonna be doin a 2 grams of test a week in no more than a few years

My 2 cents

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    What has been a staple of this board was ppl saying "do 500 this 600 that" and that anything less was useless and theres hundreds of threads that say that. The mentality is more is better when in fact smaller doses(for beginners) will give great results AND save money! A beginner cycle of 20-30mg dbol/day, 250/250 test/deca will easily put on 25-30lbs and i have'nt heard of anyone gaining much more by doing large doses the first time.
    Well said. My first cycle was also 250/200 test/deca and I gained 24 lbs. I don't think there is any reason for more than 250 for a first cycle.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    this thread and many like it make perfect sense. I LOVE THIS GAME !!!!

damian is offline Associate Member
    the effectivnes of a cycle ALWAYS depens of how must (and clean) u eat,rest and propper PCT.The AS (more or less) wont do a difference.....just MHO.

Jaker B' Huge is offline Associate Member
    I have a friend who used 200mg enantahte per week, and he did it to lose weight (fat) because he couldn't get any prop, he did it alone.it worked and ssaved his lean mass as well.....he had no prbs afterwards
    he lost 10 lbs.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker B' Huge
    I have a friend who used 200mg enantahte per week, and he did it to lose weight (fat) because he couldn't get any prop, he did it alone.it worked and ssaved his lean mass as well.....he had no prbs afterwards
    he lost 10 lbs.
    that makes absolutly no sense- taking enth to loose weight?
    but i agree with the rest of you- no sense in risking your health by taking an overkill of gear for what you could have achieved with a much lower and safer dose...02

Thread Information