Bonds received gear

At least that's what the reports say....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1748786

As if it wasn't already obvious just by looking at him?

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    NO WAY???!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!!! I cant believe he took AAS man...I thought he was superman putting weight/muscle on like that at 40 years old...**** it there go my hopes.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Come'on now....That 40 year old man is a dedicated athlete. he packed on his new found muscle because of his rigorous training from his trainer.....Right...

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Im not flaming anyone, just making a point.

When anyone defends their own personal use they always say "well i may have taken them, but i have more dedication and train with more intensity than most people out their. It did help, but it was MY hard work that got me to where i am." I would say that, i agree with it. But i think the same is true for Bonds or most athletes that use for that matter. However, i think some people are fast to just jump on his back for it and attribute his performance to the gear...im not saying anyone here did this. It is just psychology...i.e. if person a does well on an exam then that person is more likely to take credit, where if person b does well on an exam person a might say it was an easy exam. He has worked probably extremely hard most of his life to get to where he is at and very hard in the gym. He is an allstar not because of his use, though AS would help, but because of his dedication and skill.

PS as far as people jumping on his back for using in a league where it is cheating, well a whole other story and i can understand that

"and Gary Sheffield has never knowingly applied an anabolic steroid cream to his body"

from the article...what is that about

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    That means he was on the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    At least that's what the reports say....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1748786
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well in print, I guess. I just posted this for all those that said "innocent until proven guilty". Although he's not officially guilty yet, this helps to confirm most everyone's suspicions. Juicing, however, did NOT get him to where he is. It was predominantly his hard work and natural talent. To say he is "cheating" is a technicality in a sport where so many others are also "cheating". For all the people out there that attribute AAS using athlete's performance solely to the AAS use, there is no amount of juice that's going to make an even moderately talented, hard-working athlete anywhere near as good as Bonds and many other athletes, whom we all know juice.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    They all can get juice and probably do, then why is it cheating. Its cheating to the people that say aas does not improve athletic performance. Just let em all be they entertain us with 300 hr seasons and whatever I dint understand

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    They all can get juice and probably do, then why is it cheating. Its cheating to the people that say aas does not improve athletic performance. Just let em all be they entertain us with 300 hr seasons and whatever I dint understand
    We can all get cocain, and many people do and that is illegal.

I know that is a little different, but if it is in the rules not to do it then it is cheating. Sometimes the rules become archaic and that would also be a little different, but i dont think that is the case in baseball as much as it is in a sport like powerlifting or football. Still, no matter how prevalent the cheating is, it is still cheating.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    if they were smart they would get it on their own and do it and keep it to themselves and not have to worry about some punk talkin

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, if you read between the lines of sheffields attorney's quote. "he never applied cream or injested steroids . My question is...what about INJECTING?????
    Last edited by buylongterm; 03-02-2004 at 03:51 PM.

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Applying the same philosophy to pro football... I want all of these guys to take steroids - even the kicker! - I attend games and wish to see records broken, players juiced-up, knocking the hell out of each other. I also don't want my fav players riding the bench all season with injuries when they could have healed quicker with some test, deca , etc.

Sports is supposed to be entertaining and an escape, not a microcosym of our society like our prez thinks it is.

JMHO- FB40

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally think bonds is a prick

yeah, if sports allowed steroids they may be more exciting and that would get rid of the cheating factor. However, if you are a 15 year old kid wanting to play pro ball, many will think if they have to juice then, why not now

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    bonds said his weight gain was due to "getting older"

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    I hope I swell up like that when I hit 40!!

Latimus is offline Banned
    well its all coming out now...its not just a ya probably anymore...athletes do roids...period...all sluggers do it, in football everyone and there dog does it...hockey, its everywhere and its all coming out...but i mean pros are there because they took every advantage they could...bodybuilding doesnt have to be about roids...but one guy does it...has the advantage...wins every comp...so now everyone does it....its funny, natural bodybuilders are on roids...its there...and there are ways to beat the detection...steroids and athletics are hand and hand....ya berry does it...Mark does it, the whole ****ing oakland raiders do it...whats to be done??? nothing.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    We can all get cocain, and many people do and that is illegal.

I know that is a little different, but if it is in the rules not to do it then it is cheating. Sometimes the rules become archaic and that would also be a little different, but i dont think that is the case in baseball as much as it is in a sport like powerlifting or football. Still, no matter how prevalent the cheating is, it is still cheating.

I cant get cocaine. In fact i cant get most drugs. Perhaps that is because i choose not to do them and dont look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    I cant get cocaine. In fact i cant get most drugs. Perhaps that is because i choose not to do them and dont look around.
    Thinly veiled source post

vaeltaire is offline Associate Member
    I wish that they would stop giving everybody such a hard time about useing AS. People have so many bigger things to worry about rather than who does or does not use AS. It just makes me mad to think about it.

dumblucky is offline Member
    I quess in 20 yrs when they start looking at athletes that did numerous cycles are are still alive and healthy people will think diffrently about the juice

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    originally posted by fullback 40
    Applying the same philosophy to pro football... I want all of these guys to take steroids- even the kicker! - I attend games and wish to see records broken, players juiced-up, knocking the hell out of each other. I also don't want my fav players riding the bench all season with injuries when they could have healed quicker with some test, deca, etc

since when did all pro football players not juice? Or were you just being sarcastic?

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    In pro sports if your not cheating - your not trying !!! LOL

On Outside the Lines on ESPN tonight they had a semi-debate between a medical ethicist (an MD) and another MD. The ethicist was trying to make some valid points as to why AAS should not be scheduled. The other MD just kept bringing up the "they're illegal" rebuttal. WHY they shouldn't be illegal was trying to be shown/explained. The format was not even, and it was way too short, but at least knowledgeable people from the correct side of the issue are getting some air too. It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I agree, at least he was when I met him about 10 years ago

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout2184
    originally posted by fullback 40

since when did all pro football players not juice? Or were you just being sarcastic?
    I know they do. I am not a baseball fan, so I was using football as an example. Kinda like- what if they did the same thing in football as they do in baseball, such as exposing the high profile athletes to set examples.

In the NFL, you only hear about positive steroid tests on players who they dont want to keep on their roster - like vets such as Romo or Jim Miller (who quarterback the Bears a few years ago).

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    From watching some of his interviews over the years, I kinda agree with you.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Who cares? I'll bet there are just as many $hitty players using gear too but they suck so they don't recieve any attention...

Thread Information