chinups Guest

Just got blood work

I went to doctor and had test levels and basic blood work done. The doctor said that my test leve was a 609 and said that it was real good. He said normally it ranges from 200-800. Is this true? And if I take 300 mg a wk of test what is the actually dose that my body is getting if my level is 609?

Thanks

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    I went to doctor and had test levels and basic blood work done. The doctor said that my test leve was a 609 and said that it was real good. He said normally it ranges from 200-800. Is this true? And if I take 300 mg a wk of test what is the actually dose that my body is getting if my level is 609?

Thanks

Couldn't really say without a Free Test level and an SHBG level checked.

You have total test checked, and 609 is good(range 271-827), BUT it all depends on how much SHBG is bounding Total test. The more SHBG, the less free test you have circulating(Free test is repsonsible for libido and anabolism). This how people can have a great T. Test level post cycle, but have absolutely no libido, it's becasue they have so much of that T. Test bound by SHBG, that their isn't enough free test to stimulate the sex drive

Also to clarify, that 609 is ng/dl, not 609mg.

chinups Guest
    you are referrring to Bioavailable Testosterone right?

So I guess I need to ask my doctor what my SHBG is?
    So does this mean I could have all this test and it may not be functioning properly?

Thanks Pheed

you are referrring to Bioavailable Testosterone right?

So I guess I need to ask my doctor what my SHBG is?
    So does this mean I could have all this test and it may not be functioning properly?

Thanks Pheed
    No, it's normal for the vast majority of your total test to be bound. Of the total testosterone in the plasma of adult men, about 45% is bound with high affinity to SHBG, 50% is loosely bound to albumin, 1-2% to cortisol-binding globulin, and less than 4% is free (not protein bound). Tahing in exogenous test during a cycle will increase levels of SHBG so that when you stop taking the test, there is even more SHBG to bind what little natural test you're producing at that time.

chinups Guest
    So for post cycle is Clomid enough or should I be taking another post recover supplement? Also wold you guys suggest I ask my doctor more info because he just told me test level and pretty much said that everything else was ok and was very vague.

Thanks

So for post cycle is Clomid enough or should I be taking another post recover supplement? Also wold you guys suggest I ask my doctor more info because he just told me test level and pretty much said that everything else was ok and was very vague.

Thanks
    I would suggest taking your anti e's all the way through pct, unless femara is what you're using (which is not recommended in most cases). What little test you'll be producing naturally after your cycle, you don't want being engaged by aromatase and converted to estrogen. I know estrogen is a necessary component to male fertility, but for pct, I'd say you'd be better off with below normal levels than elevated levels of estrogen. If you can aford it, phosphatidylserine would be good to somewhat combat the very high cortisol levels you'll have post cycle. You could also try tribulus, ZMA, or long jack, but I think all of these are unnecessary with proper clomid-based pct. Another compound that reduces/controls SHBG levels is insulin , so a IGF-1/slin 25 day cycle overlapping pct may be doubly beneficial.

chinups Guest
    So you are saying in a nutshell that letrozole throughout cycle and clomid post cycle and I should be fine.

So you are saying in a nutshell that letrozole throughout cycle and clomid post cycle and I should be fine.
    Well, I would use arimidex /anastrazole vs letrazole, then I'd use adex/nolva throughout all the way THROUGH pct. That's just my opinion though I think more arguments for anti-es during pct can be made than arguments against. Are you using really high weekly test to justify using femara?

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Well, I would use arimidex/anastrazole vs letrazole, then I'd use adex/nolva throughout all the way THROUGH pct. That's just my opinion though I think more arguments for anti-es during pct can be made than arguments against. Are you using really high weekly test to justify using femara?

In complete agreement. Letrozole 's effect on lipids is far greater than anastrozole, and letro is the only AI that has been shown to decrease in plasma level with the addition of a SERM(specifically Nolva)

L-dex/Nolva throughout

L-dex/Clomid/Nolva/B6 PCT

chinups Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Well, I would use arimidex/anastrazole vs letrazole, then I'd use adex/nolva throughout all the way THROUGH pct. That's just my opinion though I think more arguments for anti-es during pct can be made than arguments against. Are you using really high weekly test to justify using femara?

Well I am taking a low dose compared to what most ppl take. It will be cyp for 10 wks at 300mg a wk. I really tend to rely more on my workouts and diet to get most out of cycle. I don't really buy into the hype about high dosages. I did dbol /winny last yr at low dosages (25 mg dbol, 50mg win eod) and received very good results with b4 and after pics. They weren't huge gains but modest gains and I was happy.

Thread Information