TRanScend is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Last shot...turned to ****

So i hit my last 1cc of TE last Monday (the completion of my cycle, prior to PCT). This was my first cycle. Hit my left quad...all went well...aspirated....was sterile. Ive been using 25guage 1.5" needles....I stuck it in all the way just to make sure I was below fat and no abcess. So like i said all went well, except when I was pulling out I felt a sharp pain as I extruded the needle from my leg (never had pain before on removal). Usually after shots, primarily cuz Im a newbie...the next day Im sore in the spot I injected (understandable cuz of use of the needle..and this im used to). I went to hit the weights and about mid day My leg started hurting like a mutha. I could barely put pressure on that bit**. I limp my ass home, moving the leg was excruciating. I injected near the lower end of my leg, where the curve of my quad was the thickest. This pain is going down to my freakin knees...i feel like theyre gonna buckle at times. My left quad is noticeably swollen, especially around the knee. Ive tried to massage, felt a little better....but went back to pain...tried ice/ same deal. Im thinking I hit a nerve, I cant feel anything hard to prove an abcess. Wanted to know if you bros had any idea whats wrong with me and what I can do. If this is something that would require a doctor, if you could tell me how I should go about that I would greatly apprciate it (i know about doc/patient confidentiality, but my doc is a family friend). Meanwhile Im gonna try and lay off it.

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    sounds like a nerve to me. I don't think it is an abcess either. Never go that low again on injections though...always try to stay near the upper outer aspect of the leg if you were looking at it fom the side. As far as what to do, try a heat pad/ icepack on and off til tomorrow. If it is ridiculously swollen and unbearably painful, go to the doctor.

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    Try alternating warm and cold compresses to get more blood to the area. Many things could be causing this. Doubtful that an abcess has formed so quickly. You may have nicked a nerve and the little bolus of oil that you injected is pushing some muscle fibers against this same nerve.

That being said, do watch the area for signs of discoloration and see the doc if you start to run a fever. Most likely it is not serious. Any chance you tweaked your leg during your workout? Then the pain is just coincidental with the injection.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I had something similar injecting into my quads a few weeks ago....the pain got gradually worse and started radiating down my knees as well..it was obviously inflamed and tender, not to mention i got a fever that night as well (natural rxn to the inflammation)...but it went away after 3 days...how? I took one day complete rest so as not to use my legs..even hopped if i had to on my good leg....using anti-inflammation and muscle relaxants helped as well...although its obvious u shouldnt be taking them anytime near your workouts. Another good cure is good old wholesome sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygh
    Try alternating warm and cold compresses to get more blood to the area. Many things could be causing this. Doubtful that an abcess has formed so quickly. You may have nicked a nerve and the little bolus of oil that you injected is pushing some muscle fibers against this same nerve.

That being said, do watch the area for signs of discoloration and see the doc if you start to run a fever. Most likely it is not serious. Any chance you tweaked your leg during your workout? Then the pain is just coincidental with the injection.

Thanks for the get back bros. No Tygh, I hit legs pretty hard...but im pretty sure this has nothing to do with the workout. I wont be able to get full free time until the weekend so I guess ill have to suck this **** up until then and hit the hot/cold compress rotation. Thanks fellas
    TS

Quote Originally Posted by firefitr5287
    sounds like a nerve to me. I don't think it is an abcess either. Never go that low again on injections though...always try to stay near the upper outer aspect of the leg if you were looking at it fom the side. As far as what to do, try a heat pad/ icepack on and off til tomorrow. If it is ridiculously swollen and unbearably painful, go to the doctor.
    Assuming I knicked or hit a nerve, do you think that I should see a doctor or that time and rest will take care of it?
    TS

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRanScend
    Assuming I knicked or hit a nerve, do you think that I should see a doctor or that time and rest will take care of it?
    TS
    If you just nicked a nerve, there is not much a doc can do for you other than to tell you to take smoe anti-inflams, tell you to ice it, and maybe prescribe some pain killers if it is really bad. Not worth the hassle of having to explain why you are injecting yourself

Relax and train some other body parts for a few days. Keep us posted.

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygh
    If you just nicked a nerve, there is not much a doc can do for you other than to tell you to take smoe anti-inflams, tell you to ice it, and maybe prescribe some pain killers if it is really bad. Not worth the hassle of having to explain why you are injecting yourself

Relax and train some other body parts for a few days. Keep us posted.
    Although I agree you should wait a couple days to see if it gets better, if not..then definitely see a doctor. And by the way, the doctor is not going to report you to the police or anything. You can be honest with a doctor about your steroid usage..I believe it is illegal for them to report you--doctor/patient confidentiality...

gixxer is offline Associate Member
    Yep,happen to me one time,pain,swollen,was a bitch walking with the pain.But got better in about 3 days and slowly went away.

thanks for all the get back bros...I talked to my doc's nurse. I told her it was an injury from either the weights or running (im not running). She told me to switch off hot/cold compress and take tylenol. She also told me that if it wasnt gone by the end of the day go to the emergency room. I assumed the emergency room bit was under the possibility (in her mindframe) that I may have torn my ACL or something. Ive been using the hot/cold and tylenol. Swelling has gone down, but some remains. I think it will most likely clear out by the weekend. I had to drop the weights for now so I dont aggravate it.

Thread Information