pumped99 is offline Associate Member

Anavar Question...

I heard, and read in a scientific journal that a person around 18 can run an anavar only cycle with minimal side effects, no growth stunt, and no impact on genetics. Is this true, or am I getting bad information? Not wanting to run this cycle or any cycle for that matter until I am atleast 22-23, but I am just verifying this information. Thanks in advance.

Swellin Guest
    I've seen the same thing. Supposedly, var does nothing to your growth plates.
    Of course, the benefits from a var only cycle would not be that outstanding....unless it was for a powerlifting meet or something.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Geez! Freakin love it when I see other members that know what they are talking about. Man, that's got "I did my homework"written all in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dflood
    all of the research ive done dictates that oxandrolone will not effect growth plates, but will suppress the hpta at dosages as low as 2.5 mg a day. at around 40mg a day, it depends on the person. but clomid/nolva will be required post cycle in order to prevent estrogen rebound and speed recovery

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    Geez! Freakin love it when I see other members that know what they are talking about. Man, that's got "I did my homework"written all in it.
    So you're saying that if I had called them epiphesial growth plates and fabricated numbers to back up my rather non-committal statements...you would have liked my post too?

Dflood, I am in no way belittling your post...just LMR's post.

If I took 60-75mg anavar ed would it do any harm to me? Harm in the sense that it will limit my genetic potential, or cause problems somewhere down the road? I am 18 at the moment, almost 19.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pumped99
    If I took 60-75mg anavar ed would it do any harm to me? Harm in the sense that it will limit my genetic potential, or cause problems somewhere down the road? I am 18 at the moment, almost 19.
    Harm is a relative word.

AS is AS in my opinion. I think you are still too young. Besides anavar is very expensive to be running at those doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Harm is a relative word.

AS is AS in my opinion. I think you are still too young. Besides anavar is very expensive to be running at those doses.
    But if I had the money, would it be a productive cycle? I know it would make me stronger with minimal mass gain and no water retention, but how much harm would it do to me? What would the side-effects be?

bump, need a response
    please

Why do you need AS at your age? Why the desire?

Why do you need AS at your age? Why the desire?
    Sports/high interest in bbing.

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    Cut back on the var dose and throw in some gh.

Quote Originally Posted by Humanimal
    You recommend GH to a 18 year old!? Great advice!

You recommend GH to a 18 year old!? Great advice!
    Blame Dave Palumbo. According to him, you get the most benefit from growth hormone during adolescense. He does have 3 years of medical school completed, so I feel a little inclined to take him seriously. But, Im always open for enlightenment, so tell me why that is bad advice.

Blame Dave Palumbo. According to him, you get the most benefit from growth hormone during adolescense. He does have 3 years of medical school completed, so I feel a little inclined to take him seriously. But, Im always open for enlightenment, so tell me why that is bad advice.
    Do not take what you read as gospel...even if it is DP.

Why does an 18 year old need more GH? That person will be at their highest levels. Would the natural route not be the safer route?

I am no expert and I am not claiming to be one...so please "enlighten" us and post these medical journals.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Thats bad advice IMO.
    If you have a medical condition then there's a need for GH at a early age, but for a perfectly healthy 18yr old male I don't see a need for it..
    But to answer your question pumped: Var is a great steriod for girls IMO. Yeah you'd see increased muscle mass etc but why not build a solid base and wait till your older when you can take full advantage of a good cycle???

Do not take what you read as gospel...even if it is DP.

Why does an 18 year old need more GH? That person will be at their highest levels. Would the natural route not be the safer route?

I am no expert and I am not claiming to be one...so please "enlighten" us and post these medical journals.
    DP didnt say that an 18 yr old would need more gh, but would benefit more from its use than someone twice their age. And he actually states that because of their age(btw, I believe this was from his column in MD), they can get away with taking a smaller dose- as low as 1iu/day.
    I dont live by his words, but I do believe he is trying to educate people on the subject as honest as possible as most do here.
    Although he wasnt referring to any medical studies, Im sure an internet search could bring up plenty.
    In closing, if anyone knows 100% why gh would be safer or less safe or better or worse or whatever, for someone who was 18 as opposed to someone who is 30, 40 and so on, please let me, as well as everyone here know. Peace.

baller45 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=Humanimal]Im sure an internet search could bring up plenty.
    QUOTE]
    The do it.
    I'm not going to go make a claim, then expect everyone to search the net for abstracts to support my claim.

Bump.

From Dave Palumbo's column in the April 2003 issue of Muscular Development:

Question: I'm a 19 year old female who is into bodybuilding and plans to go "pro" one day. I'm seriously considering using growth hormone . I have studied this topic fully, but would greatly appreciate your opinion on this matter. I am 5'6", 130lbs, and about 15% bodyfat. Please discuss any information you have on this topic, including pros and cons and recommended dosages.

Dave Palumbo: Over the past 10 years, I have observed numerous bodybuilders of all ages and both sexes using growth hormone and I have to admit that the individuals who experienced the best, most potent effects were the teenagers whose bone plates had not yet closed. Empirically, it appears as though open bone plates enable the gh (via igf-1 release from the liver) to cause tremendous muscle as well as long bone growth. In teen gh users, I observed the actual expansion of rib cages, the widening of clavicles (wider shoulders), and the growth of femurs (increases in height). Additionally, the muscular gains seen in teenagers is dramatically greater than those seen with adults, which leads me to speculate that teens have greater numbers of igf-1 receptors on the cell membranes of their muscle cells.
    As far as dosages are concerned, 2-4 iu per day (taken in the morning upon waking) has been shown to be a rather effective dosage to stimulate muscle growth and fat mobilization. As a young, teenage woman, you can probably get away with taking 1 iu per day and still see efficacious results. Remember, length of time on gh is more important than the amount taken.

Yeah I was always told GH would mess you up bigtime if taken when I was this young (18 years). To whoever posted about getting a solid base, I am 18 and have been lifting serious for 3 years. I went from 145lbs to 205lbs. I eat 400g protein 4000 cals a day but I can't grow anymore. I eat "bad foods" as in fatty but high in protein, and my bf is only 8% about. It is just frustrating to me not being able to grow dramatically. My growth really slowed down. I have tried changing diet, etc. I get 8-9 hrs of sleep a night, eat every 2 hours (lots of food), and train hard with an experienced friend.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    wow! 60 lbs in 3 yrs and an 8% BF..you're living out most of our dreams here! esp without the use of gear...wow! if your gains were slowing down, i would change my training routine and intensity level to overcome the plateau...dont do the anavar only cycle..i've done it. My strength went up..but my mass hardly budged more than ordinary and when i went off..boom! strength came back down to normal...it was also a gigantic waste of money (was doing 40mg a day)....I would wait till 21 if i were you to even begin attempting any AS..i started at 25 last yr. With your stats, i would be going around boasting how I did it naturally!!!

Thread Information