noel44 is offline New Member

Question can ephendra make you loose gains?

Can ephedra make you loose muscle? im currents on a cycle and taking some ephedra, bad idea?
    Last edited by noel44; 03-02-2004 at 11:31 PM.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't think you will lose gains...but ephedrine does suppress my appetite. So make sure you keep eating and drinking lots of water.

As a side note...keep your BP in check.

noel44 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I don't think you will lose gains...but ephedrine does suppress my appetite. So make sure you keep eating and drinking lots of water.

As a side note...keep your BP in check.
    can u reccomend a mg/day doasage? im taking 50mg/day currently

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    50mg a day is good for energy and appetite suppression, but if you are on a low cal high cardio plan 75-100mg would work best. I am on a bulking cycle and pound down a ripped force before every workout. Sometimes that is two a day, but it just gives me a great energy boost, and some extra carbs. I twon't effect your lean mass gains but it will help to keep some unwanted water and fat from latching on.

M-JAY is offline New Member
    I like 25 mg 3 times a day. Once before cardio, once with mid-day meal, and once before weight training.

Ephedra won't do much in the way of muscle burning if you keep your diet & training in check.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Not only is ephedra an appetite suppressor but it also lowers insulin sensitivity. Over time this could pose a problem for keeping gains as the important nutrients that you feed your body will not be absorbed as effectively as before. Using ephedra in spurts and giving your body adequate breaks is a good idea to avoid any negative consequences. Remember, ephedra is taxing on the CNS, so you want to use it safely and in moderation.

M-JAY is offline New Member
    Very good point. I tend to cycle off ephedra every couple months and substitute with yohimbine for the energy jolt.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Not only is ephedra an appetite suppressor but it also lowers insulin sensitivity. Over time this could pose a problem for keeping gains as the important nutrients that you feed your body will not be absorbed as effectively as before. Using ephedra in spurts and giving your body adequate breaks is a good idea to avoid any negative consequences. Remember, ephedra is taxing on the CNS, so you want to use it safely and in moderation.
    On the ball as usual. Good post.

Thread Information