Russ616 is offline Senior Member

Important!! Read this......

I am not trying to offend anyone but I have to say this. I am sick and tired of 15 or 16 year old kids saying they want to start Steroids . Or even 21 or 22 year old men who haven't lifted in over 3 years but they want the steroids to jump start their program. Or even the guy who took a cycle 4 years ago and hasn't lifted in the last 16 months and wants to start back up. STEROIDS TO ME ARE NOT DRUGS...........When I take steroids I am serious. This is no joke. I trained hard and dieted for over 2 1/2 years before steroids was even considered. I do not treat steroids as a drug, this shet does not get me high. I am sick of outside people labeling steroids as a drug, and you know why they do. Because of those 15 or 16 year old kids or the asss that hasn't been in the gym for 2 years but wants steroids. These guys use steroids as a drug, a way to motovate themselves to get serious or go to the gym. I said this before, but listen: Body Building and powerlifting are long term sports, they are a life style. This is not a game, and steroids should not be taken as a joke. Be real, commit yourself, and when you are ready to take it to the next level then consider the juice....

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Don't hold back bro, tell us how you really feel.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I agree, i think we have all made a post like this at some point, i know i did! Its just that there will always be new members that will ask the same questions over and over again, it can get rather annoying, but just keep the mentality that you can give these guys some knowledge and maybe they listen. If they don't then stop responding to there whines.

Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    I agree, i think we have all made a post like this at some point, i know i did! Its just that there will always be new members that will ask the same questions over and over again, it can get rather annoying, but just keep the mentality that you can give these guys some knowledge and maybe they listen. If they don't then stop responding to there whines.
    I am not saying that I am not a kid myself. I am barely 22. But I know what where my body is at. I will keep responding to these guys but I think they should do their research and let their body develop naturally before considering AAS. It just sucks, that they give the smart user and dedicated person a bad rap publicly for acting stupid and talking out, whether it be on an internet chat board, bragging in school , or selling something that they know nothing about. It is almost as bad as 13 year old kid , who claims to be 26 and can bench 700lbs and shoots 2400mg of test a week. It's just the non sense gets to you sometime. Today was the day for me, when I read a post that a kid took roids, stopped , sometime later wanted to go back to the gym and couldn't do it without steroids because he was too weak and looked small. It was a post today, march 3rd.... Read it.

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    I would like to go out on a limb here and disagree with you on your claims.

People use steroids for a VARIETY of reasons, whereas you only mention one which you think is legitamate...

Body Building and powerlifting are long term sports, they are a life style. This is not a game, and steroids should not be taken as a joke. Be real, commit yourself, and when you are ready to take it to the next level then consider the juice...
    YOU chose to use roids to further your career in the sport of bodybuilding and power-lifting. That's fine. I don't have a problem with that.

However, you should realize that many other people use steroids for OTHER reasons. I shall list just a few here:

--> Other sports, such as football...these people could care less about bodybuilding...they are using roids to further their career in football...I don't have a problem with that.

--> There are guys like me who do it for modelling purposes and want to gain bulk to look better in their shoots.

--> There are guys who just want to look buff for the sake of looking buff...they could care less about the sport of bodybuilding, and just want to look buff.

--> The list goes on and on....

I personally could care less about the sport of competitive bodybuilding. I know I'll never be able to compete on that level, and I don't wish to. I DO love weight-lifting and hitting the gym...I AM serious about it... But my reasons for doing so are outside of the parameters that you set.

Furthermore, in defense of the younguns, I personally can understand a 21 year old using steroids MORE than I can understand a 40 year old using them. When I'm in my twenties, I'm chasing chicks...when I'm 40, I plan on having a wife that I'm loyal to and 3 kids...getting buff for chicks is the last thing on my mind at that point. And shockingly enough, did you know that it's probably MORE dangerous for a 40 year old to use roids than a 21 year old? A 21-year old body is at its prime and can reach homeostasis much easier than a 40 year old body (which are more vulnerable with AS usage to diseases such as diabetes, etc)....

I am turning 24 and plan on juicing for a few years...but no way in hell will I do it past 30...because I could care less about the sport of competitive bodybuilding...at that age, I'll just want to look fit...no real incentive to be a beast at that age.

Once again, that's just me. YOU may be different. All I'm saying is: let's not draw rash generalizations.

YES, I don't think that people who have not researched AS should even think about entering the Dark Side....BUT to those 20 year olds who have done their studying, I think they are adults and the older guys have no real right to flame them. As adults, they can make their own decisions. I have known many 20 year olds who have used AS with very light dosages but are serious about it...they have made amazing gains and I doubt anyone would argue with them about why they used AS...

Anyways, I'm out. I don't want to offend you, just giving you the flip side of the coin...
    Last edited by BuffGuy; 03-03-2004 at 11:15 AM.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I agree to a point. Some people have good reasons to take them at a young age, or after a break of lifting... but I totally agree. AS to me are not a drug, but a lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffGuy
    I would like to go out on a limb here and disagree with you on your claims.

People use steroids for a VARIETY of reasons, whereas you only mention one which you think is legitamate...

YOU chose to use roids to further your career in the sport of bodybuilding and power-lifting. That's fine. I don't have a problem with that.

However, you should realize that many other people use steroids for OTHER reasons. I shall list just a few here:

--> Other sports, such as football...these people could care less about bodybuilding...they are using roids to further their career in football...I don't have a problem with that.

--> There are guys like me who do it for modelling purposes and want to gain bulk to look better in their shoots.

--> There are guys who just want to look buff for the sake of looking buff...they could care less about the sport of bodybuilding, and just want to look buff.

--> The list goes on and on....

I personally could care less about the sport of competitive bodybuilding. I know I'll never be able to compete on that level, and I don't wish to. I DO love weight-lifting and hitting the gym...I AM serious about it... But my reasons for doing so are outside of the parameters that you set.

Furthermore, in defense of the younguns, I personally can understand a 21 year old using steroids MORE than I can understand a 40 year old using them. And shockingly enough, did you know that it's probably MORE dangerous for a 40 year old to use roids than a 21 year old? A 21-year old body is at its prime and can reach homeostasis much easier than a 40 year old body (which are more vulnerable with AS usage to diseases such as diabetes, etc)....

I am turning 24 and plan on juicing for a few years...but no way in hell will I do it past 30...because I could care less about the sport of competitive bodybuilding...at that age, I'll just want to look fit...no real incentive to be a beast at that age.

Once again, that's just me. YOU may be different. All I'm saying is: let's not draw rash generalizations.

YES, I don't think that people who have not researched AS should even think about entering the Dark Side....BUT to those 20 year olds who have done their studying, I think they are adults and the older guys have no real right to flame them. As adults, they can make their own decisions. I have known many 20 year olds who have used AS with very light dosages but are serious about it...they have made amazing gains and I doubt anyone would argue with them about why they used AS...

Anyways, I'm out. I don't want to offend you, just giving you the flip side of the coin...
    I think he meant bodybuilding and powerlifting in more general times.....like physique improvement and strength training. Nonetheless, it's the uneducated juicers that give AAS the bad raps. They are the stories you hear about in the news. You don't hear about the people that have used AAS for a decade or more in an intelligent manner and who continue to be extremely healthy people long after. That's just not good press. I hate to ruin the public's perception of steroids, but most all of the NFL players are very healthy guys, even that fat linemen are healthier than most average Joes. It's safe to assume that there might be some AAS use in the NFL
    AAS are stigmatized.....they're illegal. Once they became scheduled, the public's mind was made up (for them). Alcohol and tobacco have far greater health risks but are legal, with no end to their legality in site. It'd be great if more MDs would speak up on behalf of the realities of AAS responsible use.

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    Steroids aren't just for body builders they are for all competitive athletes.... I agree that people who haven't lifted there whole life and they wanna get big so they think they can just do a cycle are pieces of sh*it, corner cutters who will learn when they blow out a shoulder or a knee or tear a muscle because they never have put that kind of stress on there body....Any football players reading this..in highschool the most important thing is speed...you don't gotta be huge college will take care of that do your first cycle in your redshirt year of college or after senoir year....Just work on your speed till then that all that matters...you should lift too but speed kills.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I think he meant bodybuilding and powerlifting in more general times.....like physique improvement and strength training. Nonetheless, it's the uneducated juicers that give AAS the bad raps. They are the stories you hear about in the news. You don't hear about the people that have used AAS for a decade or more in an intelligent manner and who continue to be extremely healthy people long after. That's just not good press. I hate to ruin the public's perception of steroids , but most all of the NFL players are very healthy guys, even that fat linemen are healthier than most average Joes. It's safe to assume that there might be some AAS use in the NFL
    AAS are stigmatized.....they're illegal. Once they became scheduled, the public's mind was made up (for them). Alcohol and tobacco have far greater health risks but are legal, with no end to their legality in site. It'd be great if more MDs would speak up on behalf of the realities of AAS responsible use.
    I appreciate the fact that you fully understood and took the word body building and powerlifting in general terms. I was only using them as example. I see no problem with professional football player or baseball player using either. They are trying to better their career and became good at what they do. I just disagree 100% with the 17 year old high school student who doesn't know jack who wants to look better than his buddys. Give your body a chance to grow naturally. I mean at 17 how many years could you have been training ( in general ) or dieting properly.
    I just don't think steroids should be used to speed up gains because lifting in general is a long term thing. Steroids to me should be used to take it to the top , even at a recreational level. You don't have to compete to be at the top of your game.

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    So we are agreed. Just a difference in terminology. Nothing more.

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    Your talking about the ones who say they weigh 140 lb and need AS because they "can't gain weight" even though they "eat like crazy". right?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    I am not trying to offend anyone but I have to say this. I am sick and tired of 15 or 16 year old kids saying they want to start Steroids . Or even 21 or 22 year old men who haven't lifted in over 3 years but they want the steroids to jump start their program. Or even the guy who took a cycle 4 years ago and hasn't lifted in the last 16 months and wants to start back up. STEROIDS TO ME ARE NOT DRUGS...........When I take steroids I am serious. This is no joke. I trained hard and dieted for over 2 1/2 years before steroids was even considered. Body Building and powerlifting are long term sports, they are a life style. This is not a game, and steroids should not be taken as a joke. Be real, commit yourself, and when you are ready to take it to the next level then consider the juice....
    Thanks to a lot of help from you fine gentlemen, I myself have crushed the notion of cycling at the young age of 19, before I made a serious commitment to building naturally, and having the proper diet. Thanks alot to everyone for helping to educate a newbie.

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member

yea

Quote Originally Posted by §ierra_350
    Thanks to a lot of help from you fine gentlemen, I myself have crushed the notion of cycling at the young age of 19, before I made a serious commitment to building naturally, and having the proper diet. Thanks alot to everyone for helping to educate a newbie.
    good decision bro. see how big you can get in the next few years and learn all you can. you will be happy that you decided to wait. good luck!

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining
    Steroids aren't just for body builders they are for all competitive athletes.... I agree that people who haven't lifted there whole life and they wanna get big so they think they can just do a cycle are pieces of sh*it, corner cutters who will learn when they blow out a shoulder or a knee or tear a muscle because they never have put that kind of stress on there body....Any football players reading this..in highschool the most important thing is speed...you don't gotta be huge college will take care of that do your first cycle in your redshirt year of college or after senoir year....Just work on your speed till then that all that matters...you should lift too but speed kills.
    yea I agree for the most part. I started AS at a young age and I gained a lot of weight and got huge. I was really happy with my improvement, but right as I was coming off of my 2nd cycle, I pulled my hamstring. It still hasn't fully recovered. When I sprint something pops in my leg and it hurts like ****. I think it was solely due to the fact that I put on so much weight but I wasn't stretching at all. Flexibility is an important part of improving your body and your performance. I play football, and speed is probably THE most important thing - unless you're a lineman, but you still need good footwork.

ANYWAY- does anybody have any advice for me? every time I sprint it hurts like hell, and if I go parallel when I squat I feel a "pop" in my hamstring and it's excrutiating pain. I've been stretching and everything, and it's still real bad. Can somebody help? (sorry to kind-of hijack this thread)

Thread Information