go4gold is offline Member

just curious what u guys think

this guy is about 5'8" 185, and he is from Greece lifting in the olympics, what th hell do u think this guy is on to have gotten so danm strong, just curious what u guys think someone like him would take. check him out here. its pretty cool, he is lifting about 470lbs. may take a bit to down load, but not too long, but in my opion, this is what lifting is all about. enjoy

http://www.pyrros.gr/gallery/video/Pyrros2.mpg

CYCLEON Guest
    WOW!! - that is awesome! that is due to type of training and genetics to some degree - some jucie could be involved but I bet its mostly those things.

yes, he must have great genetics, but i don't care how great they are, for u too lift that much u have to be on the juice, that is why they got rid of all the world records in the 80's, they were lifting more back then then they do now, i have video of a 130 pounder doing 420lbs in the same lift. crazy shit though. here is the same guy doing the other type of lift in competition, here he is roughly doing 400lbs, its a awsome lift.

http://www.pyrros.gr/gallery/video/melvourni.mpg

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Amazing!!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Yea, that's unbelievable. A lot of people like that, IMO, have really strong tendons which helps out a lot. I wonder what that guy took too though because he doesn't seem to be holding a lot of water.

jersey juice is offline Member
    #1 you must remember that these guys don't train like bodybuilders OR powerlifters. I have read up on olympic lifting a long time. They work on explosive power, the NEVER work out isolated muscles like arms. They work on powering the weight up and using momentum, you must move weight from point A to point B as quick as possible. One you get it moving you'd be suprised how much momentum takes over. I'm sure there was a little enhanced chemicals involved, but not to the degree that you would think..seriously. Search the web, there is great info on that style. I also got my numbers up naturally powerlifting to a 325 bench 420 dead & 405 squat, so believe me it's all their training, drugs are the icing on the cake, not the foundation!

u are right jersey, good explaination of olympic weightlifting, and it is a shit load all about the training,those guys live to lift like that, but those guys use heavily, they have team docs the probably give it to them, plus also legal in other countries, so i would defininitly not count out roids, people always get caught in this sport, just some get away with it better then others, the guy u saw lift is a 3 time olympic champ and is god in his country, he will do what it takes not to get caught and stay on top, so u know he gets the good shit and is probably is well monitored through his docs, thats my opinion.

and trust me, u can train and train and never be that strong and stil have awsome genetics, i have seen it, bee in the sport for probably 7 years.

juone last thing though, notonly do i want to be that strong, that is a awsome build and would love to be built like that, maybe just bigger arms.

Thread Information