Thread: Decca??

Mr Pedro is offline New Member

Decca??

Hey Quick question for a total novice here. i have been working out natural for 10 + years. I'm 27, 150 lbs, and about 5'9... I am pretty strong for my size..Anyway, I'm thinking about trying out a cycle with just Decca..Maybe 200-300mg a week... I was not planning on stacking it with anything..Is this a bad idea? Or will my results just be less noticable? Also i have read that i should be taking additional supplemnts while on decca, and after, especially if I quit..Is this correct? I'm not sure if I will continue on with any additional cycles, so if i opt to stop, after the 8-10 week period, is there anything else i should be aware of?

Thanks in advance

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    this gets asked every single day. You need to put test into your cycle, deca shuts you down hard.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    It should be on the opening screen when you come on

Test Required for all cycles

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Test my friend..Test..Deca is a great drug for many who take it, but it needs to be combined with some form of Test..

Doc M

Bartleby is offline Member
    Bro this is not a flame, but you need to do some research...this are all basic questions...no you shouldnt run deca by itself you need to add test, yes you do need something when you stop your cycle, PCT, ever hear of that?? research first cycles, anti-e's, PCT....also at 150lbs you should be able to put some more size on naturally and if you cant that means your training/diet/rest aren't optimal, which means you arent ready for AS, it is not a miracle drug...

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    get some test. the profiles are misleading, research on this board and learn from bros with experience.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    The good news is your asking questions before doing anything. But, you have to slow down and do research. 8 weeks isn't long enough. Deca should never be run alone, First cycle should consist of Test, and MAKE SURE you learn everything you can about Post cycle thearpy..

Welcome to the board.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    One more thing you should be aware of. (And Im not kidding) There is NO such thing as 1 cycle only. You will do more. We've all said it. So, if you don't think you are prepared to be in this for the long haul, I suggest tons of protein with Creatine.

BLT

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    BLT hit it on the head bro....welcome to AR.

peace,

ttgb

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    One more thing you should be aware of. (And Im not kidding) There is NO such thing as 1 cycle only. You will do more. We've all said it. So, if you don't think you are prepared to be in this for the long haul, I suggest tons of protein with Creatine.

BLT
    Yup, I am one of the many who said 1 cycle...long ago. Ain't gonna happen.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm

BLT
    lol so true.. told myself this would be the only one (im only 4 weeks in) and already im thinking through combos for a second...
    like everyone else said pedro test is the key

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Forget gear right now and get your diet and trainig in check. If those arent right on the gear will do nothing for you. You have trained about as long as I have and are the same height as me...I have eaten over 3500 a day for at least as long....I weighed 226 yesterday and pinched a 14%bf.
    You may want to consider a powerlifter trainig routine...if you trained that way and ate 3500+ cals (cleanish) a day....you will put on 25lbs this year.....I guarantee it. Go to the powerlifters forum and read up.

Eating is the hardest part of bodybuilding!

D

greggor916 is offline New Member
    Doesn't winny interact well with deca ?

Quote Originally Posted by greggor916
    Doesn't winny interact well with deca?
    Dude...get a clue before you start throwing advice around.

D

My question was an attempt to get a clue

Quote Originally Posted by greggor916
    My question was an attempt to get a clue

Ok dude...lol
    Look all new questions should be put in their own thread....what you just did is called hijacking...thats a no no.

And do a search for winny and deca .....use the search button and read read read... before you post questions. It keeps you from looking like a dumbass!

D

point taken

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Mr Pedro,

Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    Forget gear right now and get your diet and trainig in check. If those arent right on the gear will do nothing for you. You have trained about as long as I have and are the same height as me...I have eaten over 3500 a day for at least as long....I weighed 226 yesterday and pinched a 14%bf.
    You may want to consider a powerlifter trainig routine...if you trained that way and ate 3500+ cals (cleanish) a day....you will put on 25lbs this year.....I guarantee it. Go to the powerlifters forum and read up.

Eating is the hardest part of bodybuilding!

D
    the dent depot is Da Man!

Pedro, if you've been working out for 10 years and only weigh 150lbs @ 5' 9" something is amiss w/ your workout plan. Like dent said, he's 76 lbs heavier than you are, and have been working out about the same lenght of time. Do you workout hard, or do you just stand around in gym? I've seen guys before that worked out 5 days a week for 4 or 5 years straight and not be any stronger or any bigger/heavier than they were after working out for 6 months. This is because they would just stand around, do a set, stand around for 15 mins, then do another set, stand around for 15 mins, do a set, etc.

Anyway, just wondering............

Depot, I got on the scales this morning and weighed 247.5lbs. You need to pick up the pace buddy!

Stengun

Here's a pic of my new girlfriend........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Decca??-boob.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy Mr Pedro,

the dent depot is Da Man!

Pedro, if you've been working out for 10 years and only weigh 150lbs @ 5' 9" something is amiss w/ your workout plan. Like dent said, he's 76 lbs heavier than you are, and have been working out about the same lenght of time. Do you workout hard, or do you just stand around in gym? I've seen guys before that worked out 5 days a week for 4 or 5 years straight and not be any stronger or any bigger/heavier than they were after working out for 6 months. This is because they would just stand around, do a set, stand around for 15 mins, then do another set, stand around for 15 mins, do a set, etc.

Anyway, just wondering............

Depot, I got on the scales this morning and weighed 247.5lbs. You need to pick up the pace buddy!

Stengun

Here's a pic of my new girlfriend........
    Thanks bud! What 's your bf%? I am going to spend this year getting below 10%.

D

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    guys...before challenging his effort working out....take into account he might not be lifting proplerly for putting on mass....

I do agree it is kind of out of whack though....you have come to the right place to learn everything you need to know bro...dent depot mentioned the powerlifting forum....a GREAT place to start...and I don't think he was misleading you when saying you can put on serious weight just from training and diet...you just have to do it the right way...welcome to AR.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 03-03-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Mr Pedro is offline New Member
    Wow! A lot of answers. Thank you! Alright well I'm confused then. If you cannot take Decca Durabolin by itself, why does it reccomend in "Cycles for novices" (on this site) a Decca Durabolin 8 week cycle without any stacker??? Also, in answer to some of your questions, No I do not stand around at the gym. I might take a little longer than you guys on the weights but, I like to get in, and get out. I consistently work out about 3 days a week (for about an hour) with weights, and try to do cardio at least twice a week (5-10 miles). Until recently I have never watched what I ate. I weighed 160 last summer but, quickly shed those pounds when i began to pay attention to what I ate. Still even with all that being said, I'm pretty solid. I work out with 250-275 on the bench. 70lb dumbells on the inclines. 55's on the curls.etc. I'm convinced one of the main reasons I have not put on size has been because of a lack of protein. Probably a lack of calories as well. I'm guessing my protein intake in the past was more like 50-100 g per day.. I'm currently working on getting it up to 150-200g a day.. i think that should help... Any more advice is greatly appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pedro
    Wow! A lot of answers. Thank you! Alright well I'm confused then. If you cannot take Decca Durabolin by itself, why does it reccomend in "Cycles for novices" (on this site) a Decca Durabolin 8 week cycle without any stacker??? Also, in answer to some of your questions, No I do not stand around at the gym. I might take a little longer than you guys on the weights but, I like to get in, and get out. I consistently work out about 3 days a week (for about an hour) with weights, and try to do cardio at least twice a week (5-10 miles). Until recently I have never watched what I ate. I weighed 160 last summer but, quickly shed those pounds when i began to pay attention to what I ate. Still even with all that being said, I'm pretty solid. I work out with 250-275 on the bench. 70lb dumbells on the inclines. 55's on the curls.etc. I'm convinced one of the main reasons I have not put on size has been because of a lack of protein. Probably a lack of calories as well. I'm guessing my protein intake in the past was more like 50-100 g per day.. I'm currently working on getting it up to 150-200g a day.. i think that should help... Any more advice is greatly appreciated..
    Man...if your ultimate goal is to pack on mass.....drop the cardio. Youre right about the protein but you need carbs and fats too. Stick to compound movements...stray away from isolations. You need to eat at least 6 times a day. And maybe 2-3 shakes on top of that. Rest is also critical...you need like 8 hous a night for optimal growth. Eat eat eat eat eat !

As for the recommended cycles in the beginers area...they are in need of updating.

D

Chilly is offline New Member
    I am just glad he mentioned the question. I have been reading the site for awhile now, and I read the "cycles for novices" too and due to that was considering a first cycle of winny and deca . Apparently I am glad I didn't. That part should be updated.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Depot,

Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    What 's your bf%? I am going to spend this year getting below 10%.D
    Hell, I don't know. I'm going to try to be below 30% by the end of the year! (I need one of those bug-eyed gremlins here w/ its mouth open.)

Gee, 'bout 18%. Its went up since my shoulder injury. I got the staples out yesterday and plan to start rehab and working out on Monday.

Stengun

Thread Information