Cowboy Hank is offline New Member

Example of why steroids are banned...

ESPN has had some balanced articles recently on steroids , but this guy has an agenda to meet so he just ratcheted up the hype. My favorite part is when he implies steroids caused a construction worker to hogtie a man to a tree and beat him to death for no apparent reason.
    CAUTION: May induce roid rage

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    funny

greggor916 is offline New Member
    Just more biased propaganda...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Hank
    ESPN has had some balanced articles recently on steroids , but this guy has an agenda to meet so he just ratcheted up the hype. My favorite part is when he implies steroids caused a construction worker to hogtie a man to a tree and beat him to death for no apparent reason.
    CAUTION: May induce roid rage
    This type of thing is what kills me. Who the hell is Chuck Hirshberg, and why do we assume that he has a clue what he's talking about? He's a sportswriter from ESPN, not an AAS researcher. His "opinions" are merely the recycled "opinions" of others and aren't impartial or fact-based. He's some 2nd rate reporter that normally covers co-ed minor league Turkish water polo, but who has read up on "steroids" via 3rd party literature. Now he spews his information in black and white on a very well-respected sports corporation's website, and people will swallow it as truth. It's not only the fault of the Chucks of the world....it's also the fault of the guppies that believe everything they hear. We're never going to be able to convince a nation of close-minded lemmings that, like most things, AAS are only really dangerous in the hands of morons (and kids).

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greggor916
    Just more biased propaganda...
    exactly...the general public belives anythng and everything...what a fukkin joke

Farmer is offline Member
    ^

Well said bro...

Peace

Farmer

greggor916 is offline New Member
    "He's some 2nd rate reporter that normally covers co-ed minor league Turkish water polo"

BigBoy21 is offline Junior Member
    Pisses me off, really irritating

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Stupid reporter. He know nothing about roids, so he is writing BS. **** him

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    Steroids dont induce rage, this crap does.

Swellin Guest
    Let this be a lesson to all of you...your news media feeds you what they want...how they want...not just when it pertains to gear, either. Before you jump on something...do your research..make an informed opinion.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    just let them scare the general public. that way us juicers will always be able to kick their a**es.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Holy sh*t. That guy doesn't have a f*cking clue. A quote from his article sums his ignorance up precisely "That's because, according to Pope and Melloni, the vast majority of anabolic steroids ' effects on both the brain and the body have never been studied in animals, let alone humans." How can anyone spout their opinion as though it were fact and then debunk his entire argument with one sentence. Having actually used AS I would consider myself more of an expert than any of the degreed sources he uses. Here's another good one "But Melloni's most recent studies on hamsters suggests otherwise. After just one week of juicing -- the equivalent, he reckons, of what a human user might typically do in a year -- the animals turn ferociously aggressive". So who here uses 5 grams of test daily? And this 'Pope estimates that roughly 10 percent of steroid users are subject to "'roid rage " -- bursts of irrational, uncontrollable fury." Our own poll on AR proves this statement inaccurate. Another laughable statement "steroids are destroying sports and killing people, all across America, right now, as you sit reading this." This guy is a buffoon.
    Last edited by markas214; 03-04-2004 at 09:48 AM.

151 is offline Associate Member
    That article is not news and turns journalism into a joke. That is clearly an editorial that most people will assume to be news.

On another note, I was watching ESPNEWS this evening and there was a sports writer on there who was actually defending the use of steroids and said they were safe when used correctly. . . which he tied back to Bonds and Giambi and the others who had their personal trainers to make sure everything was done properly. Of course, he then conceded that most young people who use steroids do not take the proper precautions and are not fully aware of the dangers. I even heard him say that *gasp* Lyle Alzado's death was not related to steroids!

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    just let them scare the general public. that way us juicers will always be able to kick their a**es.
    the negative side of it if AS were to be legal or more acceptable is that everyone would have access to them, and "freaky big" people wouldn't be so special or unique. but it does suck that there are so many bad opinions on steroids ... many people I know say, "dude, you've got to be taking steroids" as if it's a bad thing. It kind-of makes me feel like I'm a bad person, but then I realize that these people have no idea except for what they see on CNN or ESPN, and all that news is just bull ****. They will make anything seem like a big deal for ratings.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    That guy is a ****in moron. I hate people who pretend to know what they are talking about but really have no clue. He said he used google, he probably typed in "Biased information on the Horrible Side Effects of Steroids " and hit search. Thats where his article came from. I wish he had an email address so i could tell him off. the ****er

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greggor916
    "He's some 2nd rate reporter that normally covers co-ed minor league Turkish water polo"

Funny sh*t Bro

Thread Information