Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Hughhefner6's Avatar
    Hughhefner6 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    32

    Thumbs down Anyone See 60 Min Last Night?

    Anyone See 60 Min Last Night? It was about that kid in high school who took steroids for baseball and then killed himself. They blamed everything on the Steroids that he was taking and made it sound like every kid in high school is juicing. The media is so full of sh!t. Just how the report talked about steroids you can tell they knew nothing about it.

    Here is the link to the report:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in603502.shtml

  2. #2
    big N's Avatar
    big N is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    3,137
    no but my bitch did and she called me at work tryig to bitch and waht not saying u should see whats on tv right now .lol ,tahst was though when i cam home she knew better .

  3. #3
    Testsubject's Avatar
    Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    shoutingatthedevil
    Posts
    2,816
    yeah i seen that, its just another story where the media has no idea what they are talking about, sure the kid was young and prolly shouldnt have been taking steroids if he was out of control and spazing all the time and whatever else was happening, but i think the media really needs to do their homework instead of blaming steroids on some kid killing himself. JMO.

  4. #4
    Sorken's Avatar
    Sorken is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gothenburg in Sweden
    Posts
    616
    BS !! Whe got those things here in Sweden too !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    1,708
    Steroids can change your mood.........but it is not going to make you kills yourself.

  6. #6
    Solrock's Avatar
    Solrock is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Media loves hysteria. I didn't see it, but I can only guess.

  7. #7
    fitnessNY's Avatar
    fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,929
    The media has no clue about steriods . The juice didn't rap the belt around his neck, clearly had other issues.

  8. #8
    RJM03's Avatar
    RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    1,150
    The only thing I can think of, is that this kid shut down his hpta with the juice, and at his age he developed depression b/c of the shutdown and no PCT only compounded the problem.

  9. #9
    Want2GetHuge's Avatar
    Want2GetHuge is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I rent Saddams SpiderHole
    Posts
    221
    I just read the whole article. Doesn't surprise me at all. It's d@mn typical. Once again, this is why we juicers can't tell anyone without them flipping out because the public has been conditioned to think that AAS is the DEVIL!

  10. #10
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    The program was just another way to pin all of this kids problems on steroids . I do agree at that age there is some depression involved with going cold turkey. Wonder why no one mentioned that he should have gotten on PCT ??? It's all a buncha Bull**** .They didn't mention the other possibilities that might have been going on in his life also . His Mom could be schitzo and might **** with him about other **** all the time and he could have just found out that his best friends are bangin the hell out of his lifelong girlfriend ! Who ****in knows , I"m absolutely sure that was not all that put him over the edge but the general public only sees the STEROIDS !

  11. #11
    Zues is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY area
    Posts
    472
    What can I say, the kid was an idiot. Sorry if I offend anyone but he deserved what he had coming. First off no kid that young should be taking AS. Also they talked about coming off AS, well the kid should have known about PCT, etc. Kid didnt do his research, besides out of the millions of people that use AS he is the one exception. That doesn't mean were all gonna go kill ourselves. The kid probably had other issues that no one knew about. Also he couldn't have been on that much to do a whole lot of damage, cause by looking at his picture hes not a big kid (mass wise) by any means. And whoever was selling them to him should not have been if they knew he was that young, aside from the negative publicity that that gym is going to get. I hate things like this cause it forms sterotypes for the public about AS. Also all this does is support Pres Bush's little address to the union about when he talked about banning supplements, and youth taking steroids .

  12. #12
    someday's Avatar
    someday is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    671
    That kid had been diagnosed with severe depression before steroid usage. The crash may have added a bit to it but to blame it all on steroids is bull****. I got in an argument with a teacher today about this too. I may have exposed i knew a little bit to much about the subject but man she was just saying how if anyone ever touched the stuff they would beat someone up and then kill themselves.

  13. #13
    NoLimits's Avatar
    NoLimits is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    What can I say, the kid was an idiot. Sorry if I offend anyone but he deserved what he had coming.
    I don't think any kid deserves to die! I blame his coach! What adult coach tells his player to use gear... he may not have come out and said, "take steroids " but he should have had his players on a program that taught them not only how to train hard but also how to eat to grow! But hey, we all as youths did things whether it was recreational drugs or whatever. Doesn't mean he deserved to die! I never could understand how someone could take his or her own life. But the mind is a very powerful thing... I wish he had talked to someone before it had gotten that far. Plus, I wish he had found this website to help in his endeavors! I know the pressure to go D1 in all sports these days is harsh, just not sure what to do to make the kids understand what the consequences are!

    As for the media... nothing is ever going to change that! It has been this way for years!

  14. #14
    ichabodcrane's Avatar
    ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    buque
    Posts
    438
    Come on guys! This kid may have done some stupid things, but he DIDN'T deserve to die. That is not a fair assumption. God knows how tough it is growing up these days. Sure we agree he was probably too young to be using AAS, but still does not mean he deserved what happened. Too bad he couldn't have got the help he needed before it reached this point. My prayers go to him and his family.

  15. #15
    powerlifter's Avatar
    powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,651
    Another example of media hype - story wouldn't have run without recent steroid scandal in baseball - if there was a scandal on using to much ritalin and he was taking that - they would have blamed that

  16. #16
    RussianVodka's Avatar
    RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Russian liquer plant
    Posts
    1,483
    BS and scum

  17. #17
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Yea.. it must have been the steroids ....

    It couldn't have been the parents fault.. thier inattention to the kid, or thier hate of him that he took so much from thier lives that they were depressed...

    naw......... it must be the steroids............
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  18. #18
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    "The police searched his room and discovered a photograph with his own face cut out. On the floor they found a note that read: “I love you guys. I’m sorry about everything.” Wrapped in an American flag in his nightstand was a vial of hard-core anabolic steroids ."

    This is an after school special in the making.

    "Wrapped in an American flag in his nightstand was a vial of hard-core anabolic steroids " Oh the drama.

  19. #19
    Latimus's Avatar
    Latimus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,283
    The media attention towards roids is at an all time high. Everything is coming out and its no longer just a possibility that athletes use roids...they do...I was happy with the segment lastnight...only because that is the only way to stop kids from using it...when they learn that berry bonds hits jacks for fun because he is a sausebag kids will do it...like whatever...if 60 mins came out with a show that taught people the truth about roids and how they can be done safe in moderatoin...sure everyone in here would be happy...but the general pop isnt ready to hear that...

  20. #20
    JDMSilviaSpecR's Avatar
    JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Out of Control
    Posts
    7,418
    The media blows EVERYTHING out of proportion. Anything can cause a stur among the public is used to exploit things they don't have the fondest clue about. Steroids is always an easy topic for anyone to criticize because they don't know ANYTHING about it. I say F*CK the media and F*CK every other idiot out there.

  21. #21
    stengun's Avatar
    stengun is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bugtussell, Arkansas
    Posts
    346
    Howdy Everybody,

    The kid went to school in Plano, Tx. Anybody on the board from Tx that keeps up with HS sports will know of Plano HSs (there's 2). They DOMINATE HS sports in Tx w/ near Olympia style/ level of competition. There is alot of pressure for the kids to win. That's why over 100 Plano HS students admitted to using 'roids. Both HS are 6A schools, so it has alot of students. Does anybody remember the HS kids that were ODing on herion back in '97-'00? Yep, same school, Plano HS. Average household income in Plano is over $200,000.00 year. Gee, Richie Rich killed himself. It makes the news and it can't be mom & dad or the systems fault, it has to be something else. Enter 'roids.

    I lived in Plano in '89 and again from '93-'95. My sister lives in the area and her husband works for the city of Plano.

    The media knows what they are doing and talking about. They have PhD. and medical doctors on their staff. They are LYING to the public on purpose mainly for the ratings. I watched the show and it was a crock of ****! A big fat hairy lie!! The average person knows very little about steroids . If you don't agree w/ this, look at how little some of the guys on this forum know 'bout 'roids. I'm not flaming anybody, but their are alot of newbies that don't know much about 'roids. I've learned alot myself in the last 2 years.

    The kid that killed himself, well, 'roids were the LEST of his problems.

    Anyway, time to get off the soap box and stop bitching. Everybody needs to remember his friends and family in their prayers.

    Stengun

  22. #22
    powerlifter's Avatar
    powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy Everybody,

    The kid went to school in Plano, Tx. Anybody on the board from Tx that keeps up with HS sports will know of Plano HSs (there's 2). They DOMINATE HS sports in Tx w/ near Olympia style/ level of competition. There is alot of pressure for the kids to win. That's why over 100 Plano HS students admitted to using 'roids. Both HS are 6A schools, so it has alot of students. Does anybody remember the HS kids that were ODing on herion back in '97-'00? Yep, same school, Plano HS. Average household income in Plano is over $200,000.00 year. Gee, Richie Rich killed himself. It makes the news and it can't be mom & dad or the systems fault, it has to be something else. Enter 'roids.

    I lived in Plano in '89 and again from '93-'95. My sister lives in the area and her husband works for the city of Plano.

    The media knows what they are doing and talking about. They have PhD. and medical doctors on their staff. They are LYING to the public on purpose mainly for the ratings. I watched the show and it was a crock of ****! A big fat hairy lie!! The average person knows very little about steroids . If you don't agree w/ this, look at how little some of the guys on this forum know 'bout 'roids. I'm not flaming anybody, but their are alot of newbies that don't know much about 'roids. I've learned alot myself in the last 2 years.

    The kid that killed himself, well, 'roids were the LEST of his problems.

    Anyway, time to get off the soap box and stop bitching. Everybody needs to remember his friends and family in their prayers.

    Stengun

    You are right Bro - I just wanted to add this - you said " the average person knos very little about steroids " - I submit this " the average doctor knows very little about steroids "

  23. #23
    Hughhefner6's Avatar
    Hughhefner6 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    You are right Bro - I just wanted to add this - you said " the average person knos very little about steroids " - I submit this " the average doctor knows very little about steroids "
    Bro you are so right. They might know the technical sh!t but most don't know real world sh!t especially when it comes to roids, unless they specialize in that area.

    The media is treble do you all remember the “Killer Bees” which where going to kill us all or last summer which was the so called “Summer of The Shark” even though 2003 had the lowest level of Shark Attacks in the last 6 years.

    Mr. Hefner

  24. #24
    magnusson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    94
    This was posted at superior muscle a few months ago and the dad himself of the boy replied saying that juice killed his son.

  25. #25
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by magnusson
    This was posted at superior muscle a few months ago and the dad himself of the boy replied saying that juice killed his son.
    URL?

  26. #26
    ChefJ's Avatar
    ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2GetHuge
    I just read the whole article. Doesn't surprise me at all. It's d@mn typical. Once again, this is why we juicers can't tell anyone without them flipping out because the public has been conditioned to think that AAS is the DEVIL!
    That sums it all up

  27. #27
    JohnDoe1234's Avatar
    JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Strong Island, NY
    Posts
    501
    That entire article makes me want to vomit.

  28. #28
    Latimus's Avatar
    Latimus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,283
    poor kid though...dad should blame himself not the roid...it should have been ob' that his kid was on the stuff...oh well...

  29. #29
    LuvMuhRoids's Avatar
    LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Behind Ur booty
    Posts
    3,071
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...215#post857215

    Speaking of youngins hitting the juice. Here's a nice post for all to read.

  30. #30
    Hughhefner6's Avatar
    Hughhefner6 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    32
    Wow.…...I started this post only mad at 60 min, felling remorse for the family over their lose. But after reading the post over at Superior Muscle where the Father was involved, I have lost all respect for him as well. Every question asked by members was completely avoided by the father, pure ignorance on his behalf. He was acting as if he was an expert in the field preaching to everyone about the effects of steroids . Sure he lost a son and that is very sad but doesn’t make you an expert and give you the right to go on a board giving advice if you really don’t have any to give. Every post he made he would pointed to medical books and doctors, the same people who in the 60 said pot would make you go mad and kill everyone. The post just reinforces my point that there was a lot more going on, having an ignorant father like that could do nothing but harm. The father told of how he is now going around to schools giving speeches on steroids , which are only there to scare and not inform. Hey maybe when I’m fifty the public will start to come around and take a real look at steroids, and stop believing all the Bull Sh!t out there.

    Superior Muscle Link:
    http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...o&pagenumber=1

    Mr. Hefner

  31. #31
    stengun's Avatar
    stengun is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bugtussell, Arkansas
    Posts
    346
    Howdy,

    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    poor kid though...dad should blame himself not the roid...it should have been ob' that his kid was on the stuff...oh well...
    His dad makes over $500,000.00 a year. How could it be his fault?

    Plano is almost Eden-like. 300,000 peeps and 1 murder every 3 years . Zip for crime. You can leave your car unlocked at Wal-Mart w/ stuff in plain sight and noone will steal it!!

    So, they have to blame someone/something, enter 'roids.

    Stengun
    Last edited by stengun; 03-05-2004 at 10:14 PM.

  32. #32
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by someday
    That kid had been diagnosed with severe depression before steroid usage. The crash may have added a bit to it but to blame it all on steroids is bull****. I got in an argument with a teacher today about this too. I may have exposed i knew a little bit to much about the subject but man she was just saying how if anyone ever touched the stuff they would beat someone up and then kill themselves.
    Your teacher's attitude is shared by most of society, uneducated, and willing to share their ignorant opinions at will.

  33. #33
    Ammar's Avatar
    Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Syria/Morocco
    Posts
    1,606
    You should have hit her.

  34. #34
    johnsomebody's Avatar
    johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,428
    Personally I think we can thank our dear President for all this hysteria -first he rants about steroids in sports in his state of the union address for no apparent reason then his attorney general calls a press conference to draw attention to the arrest of Barry Bond's source. Wow, what leadership!

    Never mind that 18,000 people die in this country every year because they can't afford medical care, never mind that tens of thousands more lose everything because they can't pay their medical expenses, never mind that millions of children in the US have no health coverage and the number is growing every year, never mind that the country is losing , not gaining jobs, that education spending is being cut to the bone, that Osama is plotting his next attack even as we speak -let's show our leadership by going after Barry Bonds and his evil steroid use !! It's nothing more than a pathethic diversion in my opinion.

    What sickens me most is how the media falls behind it all like ducklings. I really believe that if we had a president who announced that Jews are corrupting society the media would immediately follow with programs about suspect Jews and their corrupting influence. They're brainless, useless and spineless.

    Sorry, I'm ranting but I needed that.
    Last edited by johnsomebody; 03-15-2004 at 12:25 PM.

  35. #35
    stengun's Avatar
    stengun is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bugtussell, Arkansas
    Posts
    346
    Howdy,

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Personally I think we can thank our dear President for all this hysteria -first he rants about steroids in sports in his state of the union address for no apparent reason then his attorney general calls a press conference to draw attention to the arrest of Barry Bond's source. Wow, what leadership!

    Never mind that 18,000 people die in this country every year because they can't afford medical care, never mind that tens of thousands more lose everything because they can't pay their medical expenses, never mind that millions of children in the US have no health coverage and the number is growing every year, never mind that the country is losing , not gaining jobs, that education spending is being cut to the bone, that Osama is plotting his next attack even as we speak -let's show our leadership by going after Barry Bonds and his evil steroid use !! It's nothing more than a pathethic diversion in my opinion.

    What sickens me most is how the media falls behind it all like ducklings. I really believe that if we had a president who announced that Jews are corrupting society the media would immediately follow with programs about suspect Jews and their corrupting influence. They're brainless, useless and spineless.

    Sorry, I'm ranting but I needed that.

    Ditto, Bush is trying to get everybody's attention off the real issues......High taxes, lost jobs, Bush protecting peeps from Enron, no WMD in Iraq. I believe the WMD did exist, but were moved and/or well hidden.

    So, stir the public up w/ BS to get the focus off the real issuses.

    Stengun

  36. #36
    ItalianMuscle's Avatar
    ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,267
    When something bad happens and you do AS or supplements BLAME the JUICE.
    Come on bunch of CRAP !!!! No one to blame but themselves.. Mood changes for some but it doesn't make you kill yourself.........

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •