Thread: dbol shut-down

Taurus is offline Member

dbol shut-down

Last june-july, I took a 4-5 week dbol course of the following doses:

week 1 - 15mg per day
    week 2 - 20mg per day
    week 3,4 &5 25mg per day

I was new to AS and didnt know much about AS at the time, and therefore had absolutely no pct and came off the dbol cold turkey after week 5. I gained quite a bit and needless to say I lost it all and some.

My question is, for how long would my body have been shut down or in a catabolic state? My reason for asking is because it has been about 7-8 months since taking the dbol and I still seem to be losing muscle mass despite working out with the same intensity. Could the dbol still be having an effect on me even after this long?

I don't think your HPTA will be shut down for 7 months after such a short d-boll cycle, with such a low dose.
    Maybe your overtrained or are you training too intensive with a bad nutrition program.
    Soo take 1-2 weeks off make an new nutrition program as well as an new trainingprogram and take a ZMA supplement too help optimize your test levels a bit.

Next time do some research before you start using roids, it aint candy you know.

Succes Bro.
    Last edited by bodybuildingjunkie; 03-04-2004 at 12:35 PM.

chevy44 is offline Member
    first of all a dbol cycle alone is very very dumb. i know that at a young age taking steroids CAN shut down your natural testosterone production, if this is the case then yes this is possible. but i dont know how old you are, and your profile doesnt say so help us out w/ a little more info and maybe some more educated bros can help you out. bumpity bump

Taurus is offline Member
    age 25, 6'1, 185 lbs...been training on and off for 5 yrs or so...tahnks for the quick replies guys. I know now, after reading many posts on here, that a dbol only cycle was very dumb. But I was clueless back then and will not make that mistake again.

Thanks for the advice bodybuildingjunkie. 'ZMA' is a company or a name of a supplement?

Taurus is offline Member
    chevy44, are you sayig that taking steroids can shut a persons natural testosterone production for good?

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    The chances of your testosterone levels shutting down for good are slim to none. It simply won't happen. You'll recover your natural testosterone levels after you recover from your aas.

Thread Information