paragontas is offline New Member

Allergic reactions!!!

Anyone heard of allergic reactions to steroids ? Is it possible?

somedude247 is offline Member
    bump...

JMOS26 is offline New Member
    I Tooj A 2cc Shot Of Sus 6 Days Ago And I Have A 5 Inch Hot Painful Hard Red Lump On My Ass
    Anyone Know What To Do

shootdeep is offline Member
    yes it's possible to have a reaction. that happened to me a few cycles back and the bros here said it was due to a high BA content in the gear i was using. was everything clean and sterile when you injected?

JMOS26 is offline New Member
    Yes Everything Was Clean And New Needles

Quote Originally Posted by paragontas
    Anyone heard of allergic reactions to steroids? Is it possible?
    No, cholesterol-based hormones are not big enough to illicit an immune response. Even with a long ester attached, it's not happening. Sticking a needle into your flesh and injecting something containing some alcohol will cause localized tissue damage. The slight tissue damage results in inflammatory factors being recruited to the site, but this is in no way specific to the hormone.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    No, cholesterol-based hormones are not big enough to illicit an immune response. Even with a long ester attached, it's not happening. Sticking a needle into your flesh and injecting something containing some alcohol will cause localized tissue damage. The slight tissue damage results in inflammatory factors being recruited to the site, but this is in no way specific to the hormone.
    HUH? you can definitely have an allergic reaction to steroids . there are a few threads that describe a body rash after injecting steroids. that sounds like a drug allergy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    HUH? you can definitely have an allergic reaction to steroids. there are a few threads that describe a body rash after injecting steroids. that sounds like a drug allergy to me.
    NO, cholesterol based hormones are too small, literally. Additionally, their structure isn't something that can serve as an epitope. The only way they could illicit an immune response would be to be conjugated to a larger carrier molecule. Peptide hormones are big enough. The rashes are either infections (rare) or they are generalized inflammation in response to tissue damage via needle or more likely alcohol.

NO, cholesterol based hormones are too small, literally. Additionally, their structure isn't something that can serve as an epitope. The only way they could illicit an immune response would be to be conjugated to a larger carrier molecule. Peptide hormones are big enough. The rashes are either infections (rare) or they are generalized inflammation in response to tissue damage via needle or more likely alcohol.
    ok then, explain to me how the guy that shoots in the glutes and gets a rash on his face,back and legs is having a response to needle induced tissue damage. or the alcohol. obviously when you inject roids the hormone isn't the only component of the fluid going in, that's why it's called a compound. to say that a person can't have an allergic reaction caused by steroid injection is ridiculous.

ok then, explain to me how the guy that shoots in the glutes and gets a rash on his face,back and legs is having a response to needle induced tissue damage. or the alcohol. obviously when you inject roids the hormone isn't the only component of the fluid going in, that's why it's called a compound. to say that a person can't have an allergic reaction caused by steroid injection is ridiculous.
    You can have a generalized upregulation of innate immunity in response to anything your body isn't used to seeing. It is NOT an immune response specific for the hormone. The localized tissue damage is where cytokines/chemokines will be concentrated, but they will also be dispersed all over. It's just technical semantics, but the reaction is not an "allergic" reaction, which is an adaptive immune response to a particular compound....this isn't what occurs in these cases.

You can have a generalized upregulation of innate immunity in response to anything your body isn't used to seeing. It is NOT an immune response specific for the hormone. The localized tissue damage is where cytokines/chemokines will be concentrated, but they will also be dispersed all over. It's just technical semantics, but the reaction is not an "allergic" reaction, which is an adaptive immune response to a particular compound....this isn't what occurs in these cases.
    good then, whenever a member asks about "allergic reactions" of any kind, i'll try to refer him to you for the scientific explanation.

good then, whenever a member asks about "allergic reactions" of any kind, i'll try to refer him to you for the scientific explanation.
    Way to take the high road

I probably went overboard with technicalities, but take a look at the news lately. Misinformation is the reason AAS users are ostracized and criminalized. Maybe the original poster doesn't care for an explanation, but hopefully it will keep others from using terminology that isn't technically accurate and someone can take something from it.

ok, if a person is allergic to sesame seeds and uses a hormone suspended in sesame oil, will they have an allergic reaction?

ok, if a person is allergic to sesame seeds and uses a hormone suspended in sesame oil, will they have an allergic reaction?
    It's possible. It depends on if the protein to which they are allergic on/in the sesame seed is one that is present in the oil. Probably not though. The oil should have very little residual protein.

It's possible. It depends on if the protein to which they are allergic on/in the sesame seed is one that is present in the oil. Probably not though. The oil should have very little residual protein.
    point made. i think it's dangerous for people that use steroids to be misled into thinking it's not possible to have an allergic reaction. that's all i was trying to say.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought it was called lyphatic shock or something, its like when you get a bee sting and the foreign protien is being pumped into your body it fights it off. Where some people have a hard time to fight off a bee sting and get real sick. Thus the slight reaction some guys get sus flu or eq fever or whatever. This statement is just based on common sense and I cant refer anyone to any particular article

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I thought it was called lyphatic shock or something, its like when you get a bee sting and the foreign protien is being pumped into your body it fights it off. Where some people have a hard time to fight off a bee sting and get real sick. Thus the slight reaction some guys get sus flu or eq fever or whatever. This statement is just based on common sense and I cant refer anyone to any particular article
    yeah, the point i was making is that it's something a user should be aware of.
    it's dangerous to think that it's not possible to have a reaction to AS.

yeah, the point i was making is that it's something a user should be aware of.
    it's dangerous to think that it's not possible to have a reaction to AS.
    I agree with you if you never had peanuts and decided 1 day to have them how do you know your not allergic. You should always realize there is the potential for reaction and not believe that it cant happen

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Anaphylactic shock is what you're referring to. That's kind of why I made the distinction, but I didn't mean for it to come off like it did. Since it's not technically an allergic reaction, there isn't going to be any anaphylaxis. It's, like I said, just technicalities. You're both right, adverse reactions are possible, so it should be something that people should be aware of and that newbies should not be surprised to see.

Anaphylactic shock is what you're referring to. That's kind of why I made the distinction, but I didn't mean for it to come off like it did. Since it's not technically an allergic reaction, there isn't going to be any anaphylaxis. It's, like I said, just technicalities. You're both right, adverse reactions are possible, so it should be something that people should be aware of and that newbies should not be surprised to see.

Its cool just dont want anyone to have the idea that it cant happen

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    so your both right....or wrong....whatever
    the original question was "is it possible to have an allergic reaction to steriods ?"
    the answere would be "No, you cannot have an allergic reaction to steroids . However you can have an allergic re action to the oil it is suspended in."

Either way, proceed with caution!!

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    so your both right....or wrong....whatever
    the original question was "is it possible to have an allergic reaction to steriods ?"
    the answere would be "No, you cannot have an allergic reaction to steroids . However you can have an allergic re action to the oil it is suspended in."

Either way, proceed with caution!!
    when as the last time you injected test powder? the point being; a person can react to ANY one of or all of the components of a drug.

Thread Information