Thread: Prolactin Gyno

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member

Prolactin Gyno

Quick question, I've been reading that bromo, B-6, or Vitex(chaste berry) are some good counter measures to take against this. Now my question is. Would Vitex/Chaste tree(chaste tree fruit powder) be as good as vitex(chaste berry)?

-JJ-
    Last edited by HILLBILLY; 03-05-2004 at 10:43 PM.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Never heard of the chaste berry method. Bromo or B-6 only. Bump for info.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYJAMES
    Quick question, I've been reading that bromo, B-6, or Vitex(chaste berry) are some good counter measures to take against this. Now my question is. Would Vitex/Chaste tree(chaste tree fruit powder) be as good as vitex(chaste berry)?

-JJ-

Cabergoline for prolactin isn't a bad choice

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I had to look it up. Interesting med for treating prolatctin. Glad you mentioned it.

a dopamine receptor agonist

Cabergoline ( ca-BER-goe-leen) is used to treat different types of medical problems that occur when too much of the hormone prolactin is produced. It can be used to treat certain menstrual problems, fertility problems in men and women, and pituitary prolactinomas (tumors of the pituitary gland). It works by stopping the brain from making and releasing the prolactin hormone from the pituitary. Cabergoline use is usually stopped when prolactin levels are normal for 6 months. It may be given again if symptoms of too much prolactin occur again.
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Cabergoline for prolactin isn't a bad choice

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    I had to look it up. Interesting med for treating prolatctin. Glad you mentioned it.

a dopamine receptor agonist

Cabergoline ( ca-BER-goe-leen) is used to treat different types of medical problems that occur when too much of the hormone prolactin is produced. It can be used to treat certain menstrual problems, fertility problems in men and women, and pituitary prolactinomas (tumors of the pituitary gland). It works by stopping the brain from making and releasing the prolactin hormone from the pituitary. Cabergoline use is usually stopped when prolactin levels are normal for 6 months. It may be given again if symptoms of too much prolactin occur again.
    I'm sure it's not but i'll ask anyway, Is this an OTC med?

-JJ-

I'm sure it's not but i'll ask anyway, Is this an OTC med?

-JJ-
    No, but there are online pharmacies that sell it (from outside of the US of course). Better known as Dostinex.

No, but there are online pharmacies that sell it (from outside of the US of course). Better known as Dostinex.
    Thx bro, but i just priced it and that s**t is EXPENSIVE think i'll stick to the vitex and b-6.

-JJ-

Thx bro, but i just priced it and that s**t is EXPENSIVE think i'll stick to the vitex and b-6.

-JJ-
    You can get generic 4mg and 2mg tablets. The actual brand name, Dostinex is only 0.5mg, I believe, and is spendy. The Therapeutic dosage is around 1mg/week. It all depends on how small of quantities you can get at a time.

Comparative studies with bromocriptine
    A randomised, double-blind study with open-label follow-up compared cabergoline to bromocriptine in women with hyperprolactinaemic amenorrhoea over 24 weeks (n = 459).9 The dosages of the drugs taken by the majority of women were 1mg weekly of cabergoline (range 0.5- 2mg), and 5mg daily of bromocriptine (range 2.5- 10mg). Cabergoline or bromocriptine treatment had previously been taken by 68% of women.

Normalisation of prolactin levels occurred in 83% treated with cabergoline vs 58% with bromocriptine (25% difference, 95% CI 17%- 33%, p<0.001).

liondawg2003 is offline New Member
    is proviron helpful against gyro??

Quote Originally Posted by liondawg2003
    is proviron helpful against gyro??
    What do you have against Middle eastern food?!
    Your question was answered in the thread you started.

You can get generic 4mg and 2mg tablets. The actual brand name, Dostinex is only 0.5mg, I believe, and is spendy. The Therapeutic dosage is around 1mg/week. It all depends on how small of quantities you can get at a time.

Comparative studies with bromocriptine
    A randomised, double-blind study with open-label follow-up compared cabergoline to bromocriptine in women with hyperprolactinaemic amenorrhoea over 24 weeks (n = 459).9 The dosages of the drugs taken by the majority of women were 1mg weekly of cabergoline (range 0.5- 2mg), and 5mg daily of bromocriptine (range 2.5- 10mg). Cabergoline or bromocriptine treatment had previously been taken by 68% of women.

Normalisation of prolactin levels occurred in 83% treated with cabergoline vs 58% with bromocriptine (25% difference, 95% CI 17%- 33%, p<0.001).
    Thx for the info bro.

-JJ-

Thread Information