flexshack is offline Member

half life confusion

i am not sure about something. let's say for example that by 8am on monday, anavar (half life of about 9 hrs) has accumulated in your body to 100mgs. would this mean that at 5pm it would be reduced to 50mgs, at 2am=25mgs, 11am=12.5mgs, etc? i am asking this because it just seems that an initial drop of 50mgs during the first 9 hrs is quite a bit. can this be correct or am i not understanding the concept? thanks.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    u got it right

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    u got it right

then why is it that our bodies can eliminate 50mgs in 9 hrs but if we only start with 10 mgs, it will only eliminate 5mgs/9hrs? that just doesn't seem right.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    its not our bodies that "eliminate" the drug... basically the drug "eliminates" itself. i dont know if that makes any sense, its kinda hard to explain

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    its not our bodies that "eliminate" the drug... basically the drug "eliminates" itself. i dont know if that makes any sense, its kinda hard to explain
    i am not sure i understand but i will take your word for it. thanks.

Swellin Guest
    This is a stretch for an analogy...but here goes......
    Imagine a swimming pool with the bottom partially covered in rubbing alcohol. Now, only the alcohol on the surface will evaporate, during a given period of time. If you add more alcohol...you will add more surface area...meaning even a larger amount will evaporate over the same amount of time. It is not the swimming pool getting rid of the alcohol; connversely, it is the interaction of the alcohol with its environment that eliminates the alcohol.

That made perfect sense in my head...it is probably trash on paper.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Var right now and the halflife is the reason I'm taking it every time I eat, about every 2.5hours.

The minimum rule I always hear is 1/2 the halflife -that would be Anavar at least every 4.5 hours.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Imagine a swimming pool with the bottom partially covered in rubbing alcohol. Now, only the alcohol on the surface will evaporate, during a given period of time. If you add more alcohol...you will add more surface area...meaning even a larger amount will evaporate over the same amount of time. It is not the swimming pool getting rid of the alcohol; connversely, it is the interaction of the alcohol with its environment that eliminates the alcohol.

Good one! Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I'm on Var right now and the halflife is the reason I'm taking it every time I eat, about every 2.5hours.

The minimum rule I always hear is 1/2 the halflife -that would be Anavar at least every 4.5 hours.
    are they the 2.5mg/tab? also, what do you do before bed?

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    are they the 2.5mg/tab? also, what do you do before bed?
    Actually I guess half the halflife should be every 2.25 hours! Am I Einstein or what?

I'm taking the Denkall which are 5mg. Since i eat every 2.5 hours anyway it works fine. I take 2 before bed. Since I can never make it more than 6 hours or so through the night without getting hungry and having to get up and eat something that works for me.

Var seems to suppress appetite so I've discovered at least for me I have to make sure I take it AFTER I'm sure I'm through eating. I've been taking two before working out since if I take one with my post workout shake it kills my appetite for at least a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Actually I guess half the halflife should be every 2.25 hours! Am I Einstein or what?

I'm taking the Denkall which are 5mg. Since i eat every 2.5 hours anyway it works fine. I take 2 before bed. Since I can never make it more than 6 hours or so through the night without getting hungry and having to get up and eat something that works for me.

Var seems to suppress appetite so I've discovered at least for me I have to make sure I take it AFTER I'm sure I'm through eating. I've been taking two before working out since if I take one with my post workout shake it kills my appetite for at least a couple hours.
    oh okay. so how many mgs does that total for a day? i'm too lazy to do the math.

Yeah, well, like I said I'm not Einstein either.

I'm doing 40mg/day -that's 8 5mg tabs/day. 24/8=3 hours. I think.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin

What the F*ck was that, I think I just went cross eyed. j/k

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM03
    What the F*ck was that, I think I just went cross eyed. j/k
    Thanks for the compliment bro...always glad to help a fella out.

So when is the pool party, i got my swim trunks and my water wings on and I am ready to go. Hey swellin want me to bring chips or hot dogs. J/k that was a very long analogy but I got it.

Swellin Guest
    Do you really want to have that pool party with all of that rubbing alcohol? Is that where it gets confusing....the alcohol part? All you AA guys start drooling and forget about everything but the pool and the booze. Sounds good though..AR pool party...flexing is outlawed.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    We could have an AR mods and vets vs. members and associate member wiffle ball game.

Swellin Guest
    So...what do the Anabolic and Senior members get to do....take on the "custom titles?"

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM03
    We could have an AR mods and vets vs. members and associate member wiffle ball game.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ---- I get to umpire

I understood it perfectly.
    The amount is irrelevant, if 10% of any Matter disipates in one hour, that is the rate at which it disipates, whether it be 20oz or 20 gallons.
    The rate of disipation for any chemical structure is stable at any volume unless it encounters other chemicals. Such as Gasoline-Fire, or Oxygen-Fire etc etc.
    True?
    TSW

Thread Information