Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the dip rack.
    Posts
    1,360

    at age 18, did i reach my peak?

    definitly beeing serious on this one.in my total honest opinion i think my growth platges have staggered somewhat.ive been training since the age of 13.my stats are;
    5'11
    183 lbs
    7% bodyfat-47 inch chest.my body was built to do 1 thing, and thats bench.ive been benching since the age of 13 which is what brought me into lifting in the first place.i used to bench to just get growth in my chest, but lately im on a PL team and ive been overloading on strength training for it.
    clapped 395 in a recent bench meet.

    to the serious note, here was my question.ive been training hard, metal mulitia balls to the wall, yelling/screaming intensity trying to get my body to respond to SOMETHING, ive taken a couple weeks off even b4 i hopped on the PL Team.in the past year my gains have been almost no where.ive been training for a good 5 years but, it hasnt staggered this badly ever.i usually go in the gym and train even harder, but lately ive been losing focus.im 15 lbs away from setting the record in my region.

    i will try to get a pic up soon but, b4 i hop on some sort of Steroid like anavar , have i reached my genetic peak at the age 18?is this possible?

  2. #2
    TRE's Avatar
    TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    2,523
    It's possible but not likely. They say by age 20 men hit there peak but you should wait till atleast 21 incase your a slow grower.

  3. #3
    Rickson's Avatar
    Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,165
    No. Most muscle maturity and density happens between the ages of 24-33. Then it is down hill for old folks like me. You haven't reached your genetic potential especially at only 183 lbs and 18 years old. You may just have reached a sticking point or could possilbly be overtraining. You haven't mentioned how many calories you are taking in or your percentage of macronutrients.

  4. #4
    Sorken's Avatar
    Sorken is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gothenburg in Sweden
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    No. Most muscle maturity and density happens between the ages of 24-33. Then it is down hill for old folks like me. You haven't reached your genetic potential especially at only 183 lbs and 18 years old. You may just have reached a sticking point or could possilbly be overtraining. You haven't mentioned how many calories you are taking in or your percentage of macronutrients.

    He is right.. I think you can do more...
    How is your training and diet ??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the dip rack.
    Posts
    1,360
    my diet is suprisingly strict- most of the time.even when im trying to grow i still cut the really ****ty cals out such as pizza and such.when im in a gaining phase i eat lots of protein however.for a few weeks i was crazy enough to do 500 grams of protein a day-300 grams of carbs- and i just made sure my fat content wasnt getting out of control, this ended in disaster i only gained uneeded weight.

    my body responds REALLY well to losing weight, but when it comes to gaining, its a whole nother story.on a daily basis right now, considering that i have to watch my weight to keep in a certain weight class for the PL team, im taking in around 100 or 200 calories more than needed.sometimes i might compensate for all of the caffeine/ephedra i take before lifting to try and get nuts, then i will eat alittle more.

    my diet is almost perfect though, if i REALLY need to break through a plateu i will most likely over eat, this doesnt work for me too often.

    hitting plateus are frustrating- to me.ive been benching the same weight for almost 3 months now.its still impressive to be throwing up the weight that i am, but im getting pissed that im not moving anywhere.i WANT that record, with every single bit of passion i have for it.i wont stop till i get it.

    back to the story
    i have hit the weight of around 210 but wasnt really satisfied with 'weight to strength ratio' so i dropped all the uneeded weight i could while holding my bench strong-i did this about 8 months ago.

    as for trainining-------------------------
    balls to the wall hard f****** core stuff. please believe me when i say, i hate the workouts in FLEX and all the other BS you see little high schoolers do today.sometimes 2- 3 spotters are needed, im starting to use bands and chains to aid in heavy heavy bench presses.i go into the gym and give it 110% EVERY single time and i dont **** around. weightlifting is my life, whether it be powerlifting or bodybuilding i will ALWAYS be moving weight.

    as for right now im more into powerlifting so my training split involves hitting my chest 2-3 times a week.2 of the chest sessions are working sessions, the 3rd is a ME day where i just hit hard sets and reps of 1, 1, 1, till i cant move anymore.i squat hard.IF YOU CANT SQUAT YOU AINT SQUAT.

  6. #6
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    hmm bro... i would say try some creatine.. some bros hate it some love it, i personally think it helped me get over some sticking points in the past..... also try l glutamine... and perhaps some aminos maybe the addition of these will help you out and they really aren;t too costly....
    micronized creatine (don;t waste your money on cell tech... if you want something like that bad enough you can find recipes online to make your own.)

  7. #7
    powerlifter's Avatar
    powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,651
    Bro definately wait on the juice- 18 is way too young - If you are having trouble gaining sometimes some junk calories like pizza are perfect - your metabolism sounds high and your body could probably use the jolt. Try the diet forum for some more tips - best of luck

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the dip rack.
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    hmm bro... i would say try some creatine.. some bros hate it some love it, i personally think it helped me get over some sticking points in the past..... also try l glutamine... and perhaps some aminos maybe the addition of these will help you out and they really aren;t too costly....
    micronized creatine (don;t waste your money on cell tech... if you want something like that bad enough you can find recipes online to make your own.)

    creatine has little effect on me, i take in glutamine EVERYDAY in my after-lifting shake, i also take in alot of aminos daily.trust me i kno my shiznit, and ya back in the day i used to buy the big jugs of 1000 grams of creatine and mix it with alot of hawaiin punch, take in some ALA and CLA even WITH the creatine and it happend to work.right now though, creatine has no effect on me whatsover.ive given myself 2 choices- juice or no juice.

  9. #9
    SylvesterStaclone's Avatar
    SylvesterStaclone is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17
    Dude skip the juice, lots of times plateaus seem to last for ever. Just give it some time. In the mean time you can try some prohormones (sp). I have taken 1ad for two cycles now (300mg per day) and both times it has pushed me farther than i could have alone. Not as effective as gear but it just be enough to get you over that seemingly never ending plateau. Besides with 1ad i have had zero sides, you can get it from any internet site, and if you are living with your parents you dont have to worry about all the crap that goes along with that.

  10. #10
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    creatine has little effect on me, i take in glutamine EVERYDAY in my after-lifting shake, i also take in alot of aminos daily.trust me i kno my shiznit, and ya back in the day i used to buy the big jugs of 1000 grams of creatine and mix it with alot of hawaiin punch, take in some ALA and CLA even WITH the creatine and it happend to work.right now though, creatine has no effect on me whatsover.ive given myself 2 choices- juice or no juice.
    hmm i guess you do know your stuff im glad to see that bro.... you seem pretty smart when it comes to this shiznat so i hope you listen to everyone here and hold off for a few years.. it really will benefit you in the long run... like sylvester said you could try some PH's if your really desperate... some swear by them while others think they are a waste really it all depends on the person so might as well give them a try.. make sure you have nolva and clo with them though just incase.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the dip rack.
    Posts
    1,360
    ya i might look into the 1ad, are there any brands i should be singling out or looking for?

  12. #12
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    ya i might look into the 1ad, are there any brands i should be singling out or looking for?
    some say that methyl 1 test is awesome... i have no experience with it so if anyone else has im sure they will chime in...
    back in the day when i did it i did 4 AD and 1,4 andro (they said it was similiar to a boldenone precursor.... i didn;t really take them according to the bottle i would take one in the am (usually the 1,4) and then i would take the other before working out... i really had no idea what i was doing with them but they did seem to help me get over a sticking point.. it could just have been from thining that this stuff was helping thus i did something different.... just research one all the possible aspects before you do anything with PHs bro..
    Last edited by magicstick2003; 03-07-2004 at 09:52 AM.

  13. #13
    LM1332 Guest
    dont cut out pizza its full of carbs its good for you eat up

  14. #14
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    TO young to start....

  15. #15
    big daddy k de's Avatar
    big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,734
    yhea bro i am 18 5'9 200lbs 9%bf and not using..... i am waiting for my "Man Strength" to kick in befor i start
    Last edited by big daddy k de; 03-13-2004 at 01:36 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the dip rack.
    Posts
    1,360
    oh, kinda didnt see this topic come back up but,
    on the PH progress i have none whatsoever.i went out and bought some 1ad and so far- nothing.i took in 100 mg the first couple days 200, the couple after than, and now im takin in 300mg, side effects are coming but this **** is starting to get reel frustrating.ive been on the "see food diet" lately, ive gained a couple pounds but my clap hasnt budged.im sitting here contemplating to start this test cycle.

  17. #17
    johnsomebody's Avatar
    johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,428
    Oh please, don't even THINK of using gear at your age bro!!! I'm doing research on steroids and serotonin and the latest news is that gear is proven to lower serotonin levels in teenagers -PERMANENTLY! Please do yourself a BIG favor and concentrate on being natural til you learn how to grow on your own and you've built a good base THEN start looking at gear. You'll feel 1000% better about yourself that way.

  18. #18
    nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    59
    ....
    Last edited by nixfan712; 12-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.

  19. #19
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    If you are 183lbs and bench 395 with a pause you are a genetic God. I do incline presses with that weight and Im 255lbs as of right now.

    There is a little chance that you have reached you genetic potential at that weight. Dont be impatient and jump into steroid use untill you have to. Once you do there is no turning back. Plan to spend thousands every year untill you decide to not be big any more.

  20. #20
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    definitly beeing serious on this one.in my total honest opinion i think my growth platges have staggered somewhat.ive been training since the age of 13.my stats are;
    5'11
    183 lbs
    7% bodyfat-47 inch chest.my body was built to do 1 thing, and thats bench.ive been benching since the age of 13 which is what brought me into lifting in the first place.i used to bench to just get growth in my chest, but lately im on a PL team and ive been overloading on strength training for it.
    clapped 395 in a recent bench meet.

    to the serious note, here was my question.ive been training hard, metal mulitia balls to the wall, yelling/screaming intensity trying to get my body to respond to SOMETHING, ive taken a couple weeks off even b4 i hopped on the PL Team.in the past year my gains have been almost no where.ive been training for a good 5 years but, it hasnt staggered this badly ever.i usually go in the gym and train even harder, but lately ive been losing focus.im 15 lbs away from setting the record in my region.

    i will try to get a pic up soon but, b4 i hop on some sort of Steroid like anavar, have i reached my genetic peak at the age 18?is this possible?

    Interesting......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •