Taurus is offline Member

Body Fat %/ Roids/ Gyno

I read (I cant remember where) that one's body fat percentage shouldnt be over a certain limit if wanting to take steroids (i think the example used was injectabele testosterone such as test enanthate ). The reasoning given was (and i dont remember exactly the scientific way) that the test could actually be hidden in the excess fatty tissues and then could be released way after the cycle. Meaning an abundance of test in your body months after your cycle without you realising and therefore you not having any anti-e's to counteract the side effects such as gyno. If this is true, then what is the limit of the body fat percentage that one must be below in order to take the steroids and avoid this problem.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i havn't heard this before, but generally with higher bf%s you have less muscle lb for lb. someone with 25%bf will not have as much muscle as someone that is the same mass but less bf.

the benefits of taking gear while at lower bf%s are more pronounced than someone with a higher bf.

look at members pictures of pre and post cycles (the ones who had more fat on them before cycle) and see for yourself how the results differ.

while the higher bf% people make gains and alter their physique, the ones who were lower to start with dramatically change.

my thoughts on the bf are that the person with a high bf% will not have as clean of a diet to take advantage of the gear or be as motivated to hit the gym as often. its the mind v. body syndrome that is difficult to overcome if someone is used to eating fast food always and not exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    I read (I cant remember where) that one's body fat percentage shouldnt be over a certain limit if wanting to take steroids (i think the example used was injectabele testosterone such as test enanthate). The reasoning given was (and i dont remember exactly the scientific way) that the test could actually be hidden in the excess fatty tissues and then could be released way after the cycle. Meaning an abundance of test in your body months after your cycle without you realising and therefore you not having any anti-e's to counteract the side effects such as gyno. If this is true, then what is the limit of the body fat percentage that one must be below in order to take the steroids and avoid this problem.
    The big reason for not taking in AAS that are aromatizable (a word I just made up ) while having a high bf% is that aromatase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen, is in very high concentration in fatty tissue. There is no certain bf% cut off, but if you're in the 20% range and up, you should hone your diet before you think of cycling anyway. Anti e's will still do their thing, but you may have to use a higher dosage.

The fatter you are, the more potential there is for testosterone to be converted to estrogen. This holds true for your natural testosterone too. Don't allow yourself to get to that point. If you're already there, take appropriate measures to lean up.

Taurus is offline Member
    So as far as the testosterone being held in the fatty tissues and being released later on is not possible right?. Basically if a person has high bf%, then that means their diet is not good, which means this bad diet will most likely be carried on over during their cycle, which will hinder gains. Am I right? So there is no cut off point and a person with a bf of 25% does not have more of a chance of getting gyno than a person with a bf of 12%?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    So as far as the testosterone being held in the fatty tissues and being released later on is not possible right?. Basically if a person has high bf%, then that means their diet is not good, which means this bad diet will most likely be carried on over during their cycle, which will hinder gains. Am I right? So there is no cut off point and a person with a bf of 25% does not have more of a chance of getting gyno than a person with a bf of 12%?
    Yes and no. A person with 25% bf does have more of a chance than someone with 12%, given everything else is equal. A person with twice as much bf has, roughly 2x as much potential to convert the same amount of test to estrogen, the main cause of gyno. A person with 25% bf isn't ready for AAS. That's an indicator that their diet isn't in check. You also have to factor in the increase in bp that will accompany AAS, especially with a higher than average test to estrogen conversion. A "fatter" person will be more at risk with the added increase in bp as a result of AAS. Lean up first, and while you're doing that, plan a good, well though out cycle for when your leaner and ready.

Thread Information