efunk33 is offline New Member

5000 calories a day......how much should be from fat??????

i posted another post and nobody really gave me an answer. ok i am 20, 6'1, 185lbs, 3 yrs experience. i have plateau'd at 185. i was told to up my calorie intake to 5000. how much should be from fat and how much should be quality stuff.

thx

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Everything should be quality my man. Eat high protein contents and try to keep your fats to a minimum, just whatever to keep you from hating your food. You're too light to have "plateaud." You just haven't been eating right. Try just eating more first, then tweek your diet for less fat. Baby steps.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    if you go to the diet forum, you'll get all the answers you need

so if its all suppost to be good calories how come some people tell me to eat penaut butter??? and your saying if i eat chips or drink a juice that says it has 100 calories from fat i should count those 100???

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    its mostly saturated and trans fatr which isnt good for you

you dont need 5 g's to grow at your size, start at 3500 - 4000 CLEAN cals you will grow

Eat natural peanut butter, and they say peanut butter because of the protein.

Eat egg whites for breakfast. Thick turkey sandwhiches for first lunch. A chicken breast sandwhich or something chicken for second lunch. A protein shake. More chicken with veggies/rice/pasta. Protein shake. Steak.

You eat something like that a day and you'll be ok. Eating "clean" is kind of common sense. No you do not count juice and chips cals. Fawk eating chips anyway.

Doc

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Peanut butter in the morning slows down protien absorbtion.Which is good for while your at work and might not be able to eat on time every day

it seems almost impossible to eat that many good calories a day. how much should be from protein shakes??? and any hints on how all you guys eat that many quality calories a day would be great.

the only time i drink shakes is post workout, i actually have a huge appetite, so limiting my calories to under 4000 a day is what i aim for, i'm the kinda guy who, while i'm eating, is thinking about what i'm going to eat for my next meal

Quote Originally Posted by efunk33
    it seems almost impossible to eat that many good calories a day. how much should be from protein shakes??? and any hints on how all you guys eat that many quality calories a day would be great.
    1 shake post workout,and one at bed time...the rest comes from clean foods.Injectable b-12 helps with appetite alot...and your shooting for 6-8 small meals with high protien.It takes time to get used to it.Most cycles fail because of poor diet

then how do u get enough protein a day without the shakes?????? u mustt need like 350 grams a day of protein?????

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    the only time i drink shakes is post workout, i actually have a huge appetite, so limiting my calories to under 4000 a day is what i aim for, i'm the kinda guy who, while i'm eating, is thinking about what i'm going to eat for my next meal
    Yup...you don't want to stretch thar bunny suit to much

dozen eggwhites in the morning w/4yolks, couple cans of tuna and 3-4 chicken breasts a day, post workout is 100g

Quote Originally Posted by efunk33
    then how do u get enough protein a day without the shakes?????? u mustt need like 350 grams a day of protein?????
    Learn to like chicken and tuna....egg whites also.

scott..you type faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    scott..you type faster!!
    i think you're pooped from the move

dude listen, eat whatever the hell you want, just eat ALOT of it.you want to GAIN alot of weight while on a cycle so if you come out a few pounds more of fat than you aimed for its no big deal, atleast you gained all the muscle that was possible for you to gain.would if be better if you gained 20 lbs of muscle and 10 lbs of fat or would it better if you gained 10 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of fat?you get what im saying?if you try to eat clean all the time i can gaurantee your diet plan will fail.its hard to get more than 3000 cals aday even from JUST eating chicken/tuna/veggies etc etc.

JUST EAT.im not trying to implement the fact ONLY getting the cals from fatty foods.i never eat chips and all those p**** bull **** foods regardless.you get what im saying though? aim for ALOT of protein no matter what!

through a cycle of steroids your body is producing weight at almost 10 times the speed it usually does, so your gonna need to eat 10 times the amount of food u usually eat to catch up.

Efunk,

This might help. Eating BIG Meals isn't necessarily the answer. Your meals shouldn't be huge, cause that will just fill you up and you won't eat enough meals. Keep them smaller and high in protein. You start counting and you'll see yourself making your way toward 4,000 calories. Use some weight gainer too if needed.

Thread Information