NewYorkKid is offline New Member

Please help! Does clen show up in hair tests?

Hey guys i need some help. I am going to have to take my drug test for the NYPD in the next month or two because i am on the list to go into the upcoming July Police Acd. class but i am taking clenbuterol right now. Does anyone know if this will show up in the dug test from my hair sample? Do they even test for that kind of stuff? and if so, how do i beat it!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, NYPD actually does DNA testing of hair samples now? I heard they started doing that but not DNA testing. I do know that for every mm of strand equals a month worth of usage for rec drugs. I took Forensics lab and advanced lab. I only know of this for rec drugs like marijuana, cocaine, etc... Not sure how clen or steroids shows up in DNA. That is one expensive testing. NYPD must be having serious problems with steroid users in the agency. In my opinion I would count on it. Wish I had a better study of the affects of AS and ancillaries in DNA testing of the hair strand. Good luck getting on. I would also have to assume they have to test for this individually also. They do for rec drugs in DNA samples.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

They are not checking your DNA. The hair check is the most reliable form of drug test. You can use meth everyday for 5 years, stop for 5 days and still pass a piss test. The hair test will show up evrything that you've done during the hairs growth. Same thing for finger nails. I've known several peeps the buzzed cut their hair and let it grow out alittle for the drug test.

Stengun

I dont understand what you are saying here. They place the hair sample or finger nail sample in a solution and it does what? The only reason I know they take finger nail or hair samples is for DNA testing. Please explain and enlighten me here.
    Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy,

They are not checking your DNA. The hair check is the most reliable form of drug test. You can use meth everyday for 5 years, stop for 5 days and still pass a piss test. The hair test will show up evrything that you've done during the hairs growth. Same thing for finger nails. I've known several peeps the buzzed cut their hair and let it grow out alittle for the drug test.

Stengun

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro I don't think they check for AS use - just Rec Drugs. Too expensive - huge department.

toolman is offline Banned
    They test for pot, coke, heroine(opiates) and meth. That's it.

That's what I figured. I studied the methods they use in hair testing and finger nail sampling. Never heard of testing for gear. It is usually done for parolee's on spot testing to check and see if they stay clean while out.
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    They test for pot, coke, heroine(opiates) and meth. That's it.

thanks guys- i was just worried that this stuff was going to show up. that would be my luck

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    I dont understand what you are saying here. They place the hair sample or finger nail sample in a solution and it does what? The only reason I know they take finger nail or hair samples is for DNA testing. Please explain and enlighten me here.
    Metabolites of particular drugs will be retained in the hair shaft. They can actually get a timeline of what and when things were taken, as well as relative doses. It's creepy how accurate they can get.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Metabolites of particular drugs will be retained in the hair shaft. They can actually get a timeline of what and when things were taken, as well as relative doses. It's creepy how accurate they can get.
    I guess you have to shave everything - including pubes LOL

greggor916 is offline New Member
    Aren't there shampoos that will clean out your hair sample? I know people who smoke weed and have used it to pass drug tests, not sure about the gear though.

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    I thought you guys might find it interesting that now in the ER, they use the hair samples as their routing drug testing. And yes, if you have nothing else, they will use a pube. Scary, huh? But, I dont know the answer to whether AS would show up for random drug testing.
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

Quote Originally Posted by jbolsrn
    I thought you guys might find it interesting that now in the ER, they use the hair samples as their routing drug testing. And yes, if you have nothing else, they will use a pube. Scary, huh? But, I dont know the answer to whether AS would show up for random drug testing.
    As with every type of test, they still have to test specifically for a substance. With each substance to be tested for, comes additional costs. I doubt they'll check for AAS or related substances.

I just talked to a friend that went through this past July class and he says they test for rec drugs and prescription drugs a swell. They ask you to show a list of all the prescriptions you have taken. I know that clen is a prescription drug but lets just say that they do tests for this kind of stuff, how long do you think it stays in your hair for?

Thread Information