Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

Test and Blood pressure

Does all forms of steroids contribute to high blood pressure. Especially test since its the base of all cycles. Is high blood pressure more likely if you are predisposed or does it only happen if you are predisposed to it. I used to get night sweats which as i understand are from high blood pressure but once i got off of EQ they stopped. Anythoughts. I want to do a long cycle and dont want to have high blood pressure throughout the 8 months or so. thanks everyone in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Does all forms of steroids contribute to high blood pressure. Especially test since its the base of all cycles. Is high blood pressure more likely if you are predisposed or does it only happen if you are predisposed to it. I used to get night sweats which as i understand are from high blood pressure but once i got off of EQ they stopped. Anythoughts. I want to do a long cycle and dont want to have high blood pressure throughout the 8 months or so. thanks everyone in advance.
    Most AAS will cause some rise in BP. Test does its thing by being converted to estrogen, which, in elevated levels, will cause you to retain water, thus increasing BP. EQ, as well as most other AAS, increase red blood cell counts, which increases BP. You don't have to be predisposed to high bp to see it with AAS. In fact, it doesn't really matter how "healthy" you are in the first place. The ways in which AAS cause rises in BP are independent of your health for the most part. There are many things you can do to keep BP increases reasonable. Anti e's come to mind right away. Keep sodium intake down and drink lots of water. Although not the best way, you can donate blood from time to time to reduce RBC counts. A slight rise in bp is almost inevitable though. Most of the bps I hear people report versus off cycle are still within a fairly normal range. If you have high bp already, it'd be a good idea to get it in check first though.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'm on wk 23 of my current cycle.....by wk 10 my doc had to put me on bp meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I'm on wk 23 of my current cycle.....by wk 10 my doc had to put me on bp meds.
    What's your off cycle versus on cycle bp (before meds), if you don't mind? What do you use for anti e's ?

Swellin Guest
    Off cycle....he doesn't go off cycle. They are simply handled with varrying degrees of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Off cycle....he doesn't go off cycle. They are simply handled with varrying degrees of insanity.
    My bad. I forgot who I was asking. Well, what's your bp during your 1gram/week bridge?

My BP on test is pretty high. I might have to take some BP medicine during my next cycle to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fallen Angel
    My BP on test is pretty high. I might have to take some BP medicine during my next cycle to be safe.
    What's your test dosage and anti e dosage, if you don't mind saying? Also, do you know off cycle versus on cycle bp?

My test dosage last cycle was 500mg with some dbol and prop. My anti-E dose was 20mg nolva.

Off cycle is around 150. On cycle it was about 175. During workouts I could feel the rise in BP and I had to take a breather once in a while to be cautious.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    LMAO - no offense DB LOL

Swellin Guest
    It seems as though Einstein is doing a little bit of fact finding here, so I'll add mine to the mix...

Immediately prior to my cycle....118/76
    During the fourth week......155/92
    Cycle...500mg test e
    ...........300mg deca
    .5 Ldex & 20mg Nolva ED

After cycle...while bridging with prop....108/54
    Since then...still on prop (75mg ED)...112-120/62-74

It seems as though Einstein is doing a little bit of fact finding here, so I'll add mine to the mix...

Immediately prior to my cycle....118/76
    During the fourth week......155/92
    Cycle...500mg test e
    ...........300mg deca
    .5 Ldex & 20mg Nolva ED

After cycle...while bridging with prop....108/54
    Since then...still on prop (75mg ED)...112-120/62-74
    Thank you. Exactly what I'm doing. I'm just trying to get a feel for bp increases when using ldex with and without nolva. It's also good to know people are actually monitoring bp.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    My bad. I forgot who I was asking. Well, what's your bp during your 1gram/week bridge?
    160/110.......off cycle 125/85,but haven't seen those numbers in quite some time

borderbound is offline Junior Member
    personally i get less of a rise in BP with arimedex as an anti - e
    that may vary for others
    also sust has had a worse effect than test e or prop
    probably do to being able to keep levels more stable

Thread Information