fabry is offline Senior Member

newbies: first cycle, dont take "too much"!!!

hi, just wanted to show my exemple to give a "safe" advice to those newbies that think that "more is better".
    ive started my cycle last week (29 feb) after LOTS of research!!!
    my conclusion was the cycle you find under my signature and the results, so far, is an increase in stenght (average of 10-15%, but more in some exercises) and, that is the most important, in weigh: from 84kg to 87 (today). +3kg (6.5lbs) in one week!
    of course this is not only from aas, but a mix of DIET-TRAINING-AAS!
    i started to eat 3gr/kg of protein ED, but im planning to rise this amount to 3.5-4 in the next couple of weeks!
    hope this can help somebody...
    ciao

TinCup17 is offline Associate Member
    Good post. For a first cycle keep it simple. fabry your cycle it very close to the one I will be starting in about a week. Good luck with it.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    That's a good cycle I'd leave the d-bol out until your 3rd or 4th cycle.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    That's a good cycle I'd leave the d-bol out until your 3rd or 4th cycle.

JohnnyB
    sorry mate, ive already started it and will take dbols for 3/4 weeks until ill feel the test!
    also, the reason of my post was to suggest to keep the cycle simple and not startin with too much stuff (and high dosages!) coz i saw proposed 1st cycles with sust-eq-dbols or test-deca -dbols... etc etc..
    Last edited by fabry; 03-08-2004 at 02:49 PM.

Stopps is offline New Member
    i did straight sust 250 e4d and gained like crazy, more isnt always better for use newbs, besides i have lots of time to get to the big stuff

bump

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Nice post and nice simple cycle.I know alot of bros that ran exactly that thier first time and loved it.

SidewayZ is offline Associate Member

Question

I've read in MD that maybe your first cycle you would wanna go heavy to get the most out of it, because after your first your not gonna grow the same on the following. Again this is just what I read in MD and it was actually a debate between going heavy and not. I would go easy my first cycle as I did anyway. Just wanted to throw that out there for discussion.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by g_style
    I've read in MD that maybe your first cycle you would wanna go heavy to get the most out of it, because after your first your not gonna grow the same on the following. Again this is just what I read in MD and it was actually a debate between going heavy and not. I would go easy my first cycle as I did anyway. Just wanted to throw that out there for discussion.
    100% wrong! You Go light as possible. This was a perfect example of a first cycle.

Stopps is offline New Member
    stretch marks would suck on your first cycle. who knows how your body will react to the high doses? im not into gyno

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    It's so good to see low-dose cycles and low-dose success stories around.

g style,
    No, it's not a good idea to use a lot of steroids on your first cycle.

In general you're never going to gain more than 20 lbs of LEAN body mass (I'm not including water weight or fat) on a cycle. If you go through the tons of posts on this board and others, you'll generally find that people tend to gain 10-25 lbs (on average) on a cycle. This 10-25lbs generally consists of a lot of water weight and fat, not just lean body mass. Anyone who tells you they gained 20-30lbs of lean body mass on a cycle (without fat and without water weight) should be placed on your ignore list (litterally and figuratively)--pemanently.

The trick is to use as little AAS as possible to get great results. If on your first cycle you can gain 20-25 lbs using 250-400mg EW of testosterone and deca each, then why would you want to pump your body with 500mg EV or more of either?

"More steroids will get you bigger quicker than less" is not necessarily a true statement. In more cases than not, it's a false statement. You'll be far better off if you force yourself to perfect your diet, rest and workout intensity before you start using moderate to high doses to "force" growth. (Actually you can flood your system with testosterone and other AAS, but if you don't have the basics down: nutrition, rest and workout intensity, the only thing you'll "force" is possible damage to your health--because you're certainly not going to be able to "force" significant muscle growth without the basics).

Aside from saving money, by using lower doses you'll be decreasing your chances of experiencing bad side effects.

On a first cycle. Stick with low doses (at the maximum, moderate doses).

NOTE: When referring to long lasting esters of steroids such as cypionate , enanthat, EQ and Deca: 200-350mg ew I call low-dose. 400-500 mg EW, I call moderate dose. Greater than 500mg EW, I call high dose.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    It's so good to see low-dose cycles and low-dose success stories around.

g style,
    No, it's not a good idea to use a lot of steroids on your first cycle.

In general you're never going to gain more than 20 lbs of LEAN body mass (I'm not including water weight or fat) on a cycle. If you go through the tons of posts on this board and others, you'll generally find that people tend to gain 10-25 lbs (on average) on a cycle. This 10-25lbs generally consists of a lot of water weight and fat, not just lean body mass. Anyone who tells you they gained 20-30lbs of lean body mass on a cycle (without fat and without water weight) should be placed on your ignore list (litterally and figuratively)--pemanently.

The trick is to use as little AAS as possible to get great results. If on your first cycle you can gain 20-25 lbs using 250-400mg EW of testosterone and deca each, then why would you want to pump your body with 500mg EV or more of either?

"More steroids will get you bigger quicker than less" is not necessarily a true statement. In more cases than not, it's a false statement. You'll be far better off if you force yourself to perfect your diet, rest and workout intensity before you start using moderate to high doses to "force" growth. (Actually you can flood your system with testosterone and other AAS, but if you don't have the basics down: nutrition, rest and workout intensity, the only thing you'll "force" is possible damage to your health--because you're certainly not going to be able to "force" significant muscle growth without the basics).

Aside from saving money, by using lower doses you'll be decreasing your chances of experiencing bad side effects.

NOTE: When referring to long lasting esters of steroids such as cypionate, enanthat, EQ and Deca: 200-350mg ew I call low-dose. 400-500 mg EW, I call moderate dose. Greater than 500mg EW, I call high dose.
    when a VET answer to me... well, confirm that what im doing is right, im proud of myself!
    actually, if im doing things right, it's because ive searched (use that box!!!) what experienced people did in the past and then asked the same people if the my idea was correct.
    only with a lot of search i found out about successful experiences of people using these "lower" dosages!
    im glad i did this coz first time i came here my idea of a cycle was:
    dbols 35-40mg ed and deca 3-400mg week (no test was in my head)
    after few "search" ive found out why test is the base and started to think this way: went from sust-deca-winny to sust-deca-dbols to sust-deca to test only!
    but then decided to "risk" a little bit and add dbols coz i just wanted to start "gainin" from day1.

thanks again

Stove is offline Associate Member
    Im on my 5th week of my first cycle and I am up from 205 to 220 so far and I feel great, no sides. 15 lbs so far, half is prolly water, my arms have grown from 12 1/2 inches to 14 3/4. and my chest was 46 and is now at 47 1/4. I am 5'10 and 30 years old. Here is my current cycle I lengthened my cycle to take complete advantage of the EQ and Test. I feel I have to run them no less than 12/13 weeks, but I bumped the EQ to 17 weeks and the Test to 21, feel free to give pros and cons....
    wks 1-5 Naposim 35 mgs ed
    wks 1-21 Test E 500 mgs ew split
    wks 3-20 EQ 400 mgs ew split
    wks 23-26 clomid 300mgsfd/100mgs 10d/50mgs 10d
    nolvadex on hand havent needed so far.
    I posted before pics in another thread, I'll do some more on April 1st and then another set at the end in June. Thanks for all your advice and help.
    Anabolic Review has changed my life......

Quote Originally Posted by Stove
    Im on my 5th week of my first cycle and I am up from 205 to 220 so far and I feel great, no sides. 15 lbs so far, half is prolly water, my arms have grown from 12 1/2 inches to 14 3/4. and my chest was 46 and is now at 47 1/4. I am 5'10 and 30 years old. Here is my current cycle I lengthened my cycle to take complete advantage of the EQ and Test. I feel I have to run them no less than 12/13 weeks, but I bumped the EQ to 17 weeks and the Test to 21, feel free to give pros and cons....
    wks 1-5 Naposim 35 mgs ed
    wks 1-21 Test E 500 mgs ew split
    wks 3-20 EQ 400 mgs ew split
    wks 23-26 clomid 300mgsfd/100mgs 10d/50mgs 10d
    nolvadex on hand havent needed so far.
    I posted before pics in another thread, I'll do some more on April 1st and then another set at the end in June. Thanks for all your advice and help.
    Anabolic Review has changed my life......
    First bro start your own thread and don't hijack this one. Second that is WAYYYY too long a cycle for a first cycle. Lastly I think your doses are high.

Stove is offline Associate Member
    First off, Im not jacking this post just giving an idea of a moderate first cycle, second off, my doses are moderate, not high. this is what Bask8case just said....

NOTE: When referring to long lasting esters of steroids such as cypionate , enanthat, EQ and Deca : 200-350mg ew I call low-dose. 400-500 mg EW, I call moderate dose. Greater than 500mg EW, I call high dose.

lift long and prosper....

Quote Originally Posted by Stove
    First off, Im not jacking this post just giving an idea of a moderate first cycle, second off, my doses are moderate, not high. this is what Bask8case just said....

NOTE: When referring to long lasting esters of steroids such as cypionate , enanthat, EQ and Deca : 200-350mg ew I call low-dose. 400-500 mg EW, I call moderate dose. Greater than 500mg EW, I call high dose.

lift long and prosper....
    Right, read what basket case said. I agree with him 100% But you are planning on shooting 500 test and 400 eq. That is 900mgs of AAS, almost a gram a week for a first cycle. You do not need that much. My first stack was 250 test and 200 deca and I gained 24 lbs, kept 19 after ptc. Also, you will be shuting down your hpta for 21 weeks on your planned cycle, without knowing how easily or difficult your body recovers. A first cycle should be 10 weeks, but no more than 12.

Thread Information