Cleanboy03 is offline New Member

Question Is there a age for starting AS?

I hear all the moderators wisely tell people yes or no depending on their age and what they want to do AS for, however i was wondering if each of you could put a certain age in which you would feel appropiate for someone to do AS. Or what i am asking you is looking back, if you have done them or not, at what age do you think would have been right for your body to do AS, and what would have been an age that would have not been beneficial to your body.
    So far i am clean, but i have been thinking/researching the idea of using AS. I am 18, and just wondering what age each of you would recommend as a starting point.
    This is my first post, and i love this site, it is almost addicting to come here. I find myself here more than i should be.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome.

24 years old with 3 years of hard training and a good diet.

I WOULD SAY ATLEAST 22+ YRS...

BUT THATS KINDA A HARD QUEST CAUSE YOU GOTTA FACTOR IN THE TRAINING YRS TOO....ATLEAST PAST THE AGE OF 21-22 (WITH 2 + YRS OF SOLID TRAINING)...ALSO I WOULDNT RECOMMEND A 30 YR OLD DUDE USING GEAR WITH ONLY MONTHS OF TRAINING EITHER....SO PAST THE AGE OF 22 AND OR ATLEAST 2+ YRS OF HARDCORE TRAINING..

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I say when you have trained for many years and you have hit your own natrual potential......

valique is offline Junior Member
    my qustion is has evryone here actually ben pas that age when the started?

soul shaker Guest
    i think i read somewhere that 43 or 44 is the best time to start. just kidding, for real at least 20, preferably alittle older. bexsome gave a well informed answer.
    ss

R1300ZX is offline New Member
    most people say 22-24 with atleast 2ys of hard core training and diet

jall is offline New Member
    just wondering, do any of you guys know what it's like to be told to wait 3-4 years!it sux.who knows i might not even be able to train then, or even be alive!
    just thought i'd show the other side of the argument.

p.s.keep up the good work, thanks to you guys and this site my friend says to me "if steroids were a subject at school, you'd be top of the class".

ptbyjason Guest
    Welcome to the board jall. And believe it or not, some of us know what it is like to wait for 3 - 4 years or more. I will assure you though, if you keep reading this board, by the time you get there, you will be safer and wiser.

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    21-22 in your case. Start lifting hard get 3-4 years under your belt lifting naturally and eating right.
    Its like you have to develop a lifestyle of eating/hardcore lifting first then you try AS when you are at your peak. Hope this helps 18 is to young. Youll grow like crazy in these next few years dude. I went from 190-225 naturally from 17-21.

incrediblemass is offline Junior Member

My opinion

I think 20 is old enough to start juice.

I started at 21 years. It depends much of your puperted level. It might differ a bit different people.

This Forum really does help and i would encourage anyone still in their teens that is considering AS to read through all the Post Messages before starting their cycle. I was soo close to doing a cycle before i read through the forum, and now i realize that AS still is good but to just hold off until you are done growing or you are going to mess with your body in numerous ways. The question is then....name some VERY serious affects of AS on teenagers. (besides acne, facial hair) Like what it does to your growing skeletal system etc...

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Anything 21 and over IMO. 18 is REALLY to young to start.

Red_neck is offline New Member
    In MY opinion. I'm 17 been lifting for 3 years I'm all ready on week 4 of

300mg of deca week 1-8
    20mgof dbol weeks 1-4
    35mg of dbol week 8-10

and if you decide to make a choice, just be responsible. Get checked out by a doc first, and follow a strict diet and training, and don't do high doses. It's up to you, there's alot of people I know on elite that started as young, or younger than me. You will still be able to gain after your cycle. You just got to worry about your liver,heart, and etc in the long run.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    22+ with at least 3 years of serious training and proper dieting. You can lift all you want but you'll never get quality gains without a proper diet.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    first i'm not against anyone, i know that,s your personal opinion good. just a short story,
    20 years ago my uncle told not to lift weights
    due to the fact that i was short and by lifting
    i won't grow my natural height, he was 5'3
    i was 5'0. at the present time he still 5'3
    and i'm 5'8, he told me just wasted his time.
    if you tall or short there's nothing you can do,
    but if r skinny, fat, there are alot things you can do. bottom line i know some of you guys
    started at 17 and currently still juicing good
    right, you paid the price but, got results
    some good, some very good, some side effects,
    maybe none, back then you guys did not have a good
    variety of steroids , and now all of us have
    luxury of choosing the right cycle. with all your
    knowledge and these many steroid low and hi side effects, you can help these young guys to achieve their goal, they will do it regarless.i understand where they coming from, since i was 18, i wanted to gain some weight and worked hard for it but no luck, i invested good money on protein powers, all i gained was a good health status,
    i saw many doctors looking for an answer nothing,
    i was willing to do anything just gain weight.
    i started at 32 my 1st gained 15 lbs. now i'm working on my 2nd cycle looking for 20 lbs.
    i know that some of you guys will read this pm
    and ignore it and i,m full of it, but there are
    alot people with similar problems trying to do
    the best they can, and steroids will be the
    alternative for alot of us. ooh by the way this
    will be my 7th week doing 500mg of test no fuckin
    results DO YOU SEE WHAT FUCK I,M TALKING ABOUT?
    GIVE A CHANGE TO THESE YOUNG GUYS TO GET BIG.
    i'll keep waiting

superbeast is offline Member
    Don't take this personally REM, but your post makes almost no sense and is very hard to read.

If you aren't gaining weight, eat more. Do some real reading and get educated on nutrition. I used to complain that I couldn't gain weight. I was meant to be skinny. It is bullshit. I know better than that now. When you are young, you can grow without AS.

Don't give these KIDS the wrong idea!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I trained nat for 13 years before i hit the AS...

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by REM
    back then you guys did not have a good
    variety of steroids , and now all of us have
    luxury of choosing the right cycle. with all your
    knowledge and these many steroid low and hi side effects, you can help these young guys to achieve their goal, they will do it regarless.
    True REM...but back in the day (15-20 years ago), even though it was very difficult to access the knowledge that is available to us today, the gear was pretty much ALL legit and much cheaper (if you knew where to go of course)....safer. Today the chances of buying fakes is MUCH higher and so is the cost of gear. That's why total knowledge is important...not just how to administer these drugs properly, but what they are made up of, what the possible sides are, etc....

REM
    REM is offline Member
    Originally posted by superbeast
    Don't take this personally REM, but your post makes almost no sense and is very hard to read.

If you aren't gaining weight, eat more. Do some real reading and get educated on nutrition. I used to complain that I couldn't gain weight. I was meant to be skinny. It is bullshit. I know better than that now. When you are young, you can grow without AS.

Don't give these KIDS the wrong idea!

what exactly makes no sence and its hard for you
    to read can clear this???

viperlingerfelt is offline Associate Member
    i started lifting in 1984 (lee haney days)...when i was a senior in high school....(stop doing the math, i know how old i am...LOL)....little blue dbol everywhere and test and deca were almost on the shelf at the gym beside the protein powder.....i made friends with the owner of a small gym, who was a big boy....i was lucky enough that he convienced me not to touch anything until "HE" thought i was ready.....5 years of busting my ass later.....i was good to go.......can't really say if waiting made a difference or not, but i know my abilities.......

one big difference i see these days is the accessability of information...in my beginning, you only had the main knowledge guy at the gym...who may have been full of shit or just pushing his own crap..who knows....starting earlier these days is a little safer because at least you have the benefit of mass information...

plus we didnt have or at least have access to thing like clomid, hcg etc....people would just run their cycle and either taper off or decrease the amount by half or more and run that as a bridge...alot has improved....

Height

Do AS affect your height? I am 18 right now and 5'9 165 very physically matured. However my dad did not his second major growth until he was 20, and i would not mind being able to see those 4 more inches in two years. However i do not want to mess with my growing by considering AS, so my question is Do AS affect your height if you still have more to grow vertically?

BullDogg20 is offline Member

ON THE TOPIC OF HEIGHT!!!!

i AM 5'5 AND HAVE BEEN THE SAME HEGHT SINCE GRADE 9, I AM 21 YEARS OLD NOW..LOL
    i HOPE I HIT A GROWTH SPURT!!!!!!!!

little-man-zane is offline Associate Member
    Everyone says your mid-20's is ideal.. but i don't think there is a number to tell ppl when they should start.... i do think you have to have at least 3 years training experience... but if your muture enough to make a big decision like one to take AS... you have to be muture enough for the concequences... if that's not in line your not ready!!

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    im 19 and i just started, been lifting since 16.....i felt like it was time..

Thread Information