palequail is offline Banned

Weight Don't Mean ****!!!

Ok, I finally realized that weight is only a number and it don't mean crap without other stats like BF and Height.....

I'm always hearing people talk to me about how they are 6'0 and 220 or something like that..at first I'm thinking **** they are big...but come to find out it looks like they haven't lifted a weight in their life. So this is just my adivce to some new juicers out there:

1. Don't look at you weight as a way to consider yourself big or in shape.
    2. If you know you have a high body fat, it is a better idea to lose some weight first before jumping on a cycle
    3. On the flip side if you are 6'3 and weigh 150 then try building up a good foundation naturally before juicing.
    4. Solid training and diet should stick with you for life, Drugs shouldn't!!!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I'm 5'9" 225lbs and can see my abs well...Does that count for anything? What the heck are we talking about anyways?

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    I can't understand this weight business at all. I have a friend who is also 5' 9" like me. And he hasn't lifted a weight in his life , and yet his weight is only like 5-8 pounds off from me. Meanwhile, I look jacked and am considered a buff guy (hence my user name), and yet I only weigh 5-8 pounds more. What gives?

AND the thing is...this guy doesn't have a lot of body fat at all...I've noticed this a lot...like I think EVEN with BF, height, and weight...you still cannot guage how buff someone is until you actually see them That's what I think, but I dunno...

I think weight and bf have a lot of relevance insofar as your own personal progress/growth, but is not the best indicator between two different people.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i agree with your assesment .i am 6'3" and 272"..you'd think i would look like coleman with those #.while i do look good and you can tell i train.i think i would look much better (muscular)at around 250#.yes,272/280# i look huge in clothes but not very impressive on the beach.so i will keep the weight up in the winter while bulking but right now i am dieting and cardio to get my ass in gear for the up coming summer months.i am not fat by any stretch but i would like to get down to about 5% bf.weight doesnt mean ****.5 # of muscle looks alot harder then 5# of fat

yeah it is always something i find interesting..because I will talk to some of my friends how I haven't seen in a while and they are like yeah my weight is up to 230 at 6'0 and i'm think **** they getting buff and must look good...but low and behold it looks like they live at McDonalds...or like Buff Guy said sometimes weight will be the same on two people but they look completely different...the scale does do something to our minds I know

TheOak182 is offline Associate Member
    I definitely don't think you should let a scale tell you if your "big" or not. One thing i have learned is i would rather be 200 lbs cut then a 300 pound fat ass! I see a couple of dip$hit$ in my gym that must weigh around 300 lbs about 5'5" and they just think they are GODS!!! When an actually everyone in the gym just thinks they are complete tools! Because they don't lift to lose weight or to cut up but instead just bounce 3 plates of their chest!

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

I checked my weight everyday on shipping scales at work. One of the guys that I work with was checking his too. We are about the same height, I'm 6' 1 3/4", and wear the same size jeans, 36x34, but he weighed 186lbs and I weighed 253lbs (I weighed 247lbs this morning in my b-day suit). He's swears that the scales are screwed up. He didn't take into consideration that my arms are 2 1/2"bigger and my legs are 'bout 6" bigger than he's. I had been at my new job for 'bout 3 months and I always wear work cloths w/ a t-shirt under my shirt. I took my work shirt off one day to wash up and was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and all the other guys there were like......"****, I didn't know you were so big!" One of the other guys said that his arms were bigger than mine. I of the other guys said yea, but you can see his muscles!

I've got to feed the horse. Fancy gets upset if she doesn't have oats and sweet feed for supper!

Stengun

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    This is funny, cause you guys hear a high weight and think someone is "buff", whereas you tell a woman a high weight and they are thinking holy crap, they must be "fat". I personally like the male theory much better. Anyway, the scale is a piece of sh$%, that is nothing but a self inflicted torture chamber! LMAO
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    I was obsessed with achieving 200lb at one point. Regardless of how I looked, I wanted that weight. I did dbol and testolent and looked like I had been stung by a bee. Seems the older we get, the more we realize that quality is much more important the quantity.

i'm glad to hear these responses...I always wonder what is up with my friends who desperately need to lose weight but they are doing cycles with Anadrol , Test, and Deca ...the mirror is the key!!!!!!!!!

But to each unto his own I guess.....

lollipops is offline Associate Member

Exclamation

I always loved seeing the "big guys" at the gym. I used to weigh 170lbs and I outlifted almost every guy I knew over 200lbs in every category you could think of. I do not consider weight as being big. I would rather be cut, defined, and equally proportioned. I love seeing the guys with huge guts at the gym benching 225lbs 1o times and think its some type of accomplishment. I just want to look better than most!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I know a guy that weighs 190 pounds but looks 225 plus. Mirror is your best gauge besides accurate body fat readings. I think the best way to use bodyfat% is to compare your weight and bodyfat% from your base when you started lifitng.

Thread Information