Russ616 is offline Senior Member

Racism....(please read)

I posted this here because it was the most likely spot to be read....

Over the weekend ( at the Arnold Classic ) Jay Cutler took 1st. But in alot of peoples opinion he only deserved 3rd. He should have been beatin by Dexter Jackson and Chris Cormier... I posted a thread in the pro new section and Got a response from CHRISADAMS that said:

we all know that the only reason that cutler won is because they can't have black guys winning every comp. It would turn away too many fans. Sad but true fact.

I just want to know if anybody else sees this form of Racism in the Pro Body Building sport or even at your local gym. Because I don't .... Please give me some feed back....

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    A loser can always come up with an excuse why he lost...it's unfortunate that people still use race as out for losing!

I'm not a BB'ing judge so I can't say for sure if Cutler deserved to win...but I think he's the next man in line for the "O".

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I really doubt theres racism in bbing.. look at coleman.. I think he won a few when he shoudl have lost to cutler..

I hate when people "use" race to their advantage..

I think "Racism" may be the wrong term.
    "Favoritism"....or even "Prejudice" yeah.
    I see guys of every color getting the nod when they shouldn't, and Vica Verca......but I think it's more the blame of BB's Political Favoritism than Racism.
    TSW

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    "we all know that the only reason that cutler won is because they can't have black guys winning every comp. It would turn away too many fans. Sad but true fact"

That it TOTAL bullsh*t, the ONLY person that has even a chance at giving Ronnie a run for his money is Jay Cutler - NOT Dexter Jackson NOR Chris Comier!!! As to saying that Jay won the Arnold because they couldn't have black guys winning every competition is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Ronnie wins ALMOST everything, so how can someone say that they can't have black guys winning everything. Ronnie is ALMOST unbeatable (his stomach is his only "flaw") besides Ronnie, JAY CUTLER is next in line hands down! Jay didn't win the Arnold because he wasn't black, he won because he was the one that looked the best SIMPLE.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like BS for me. Jay did great work IMHO. I think "rasizm" doesn't exist in BB. And it is the reason why I do like BB. I have couple african-american good friends. If some people have sh!t in there heads it doesn't mean all people have sh!it in there heads. For me, personally all people are equal. I don't care about "race"

I don't blame racism, but for anyone who actually saw this year's Arnold, you all know Dexter should have won, and Cormier Probably should have finished 2nd. Cutler wasn't in shape. I don't care how big someone is. If they're not in shape come contest time, then stay home. greg Kovacs has no business being on stage either. He's an amazing specimen, but bodybuilding isn't his thing. He just doesn't have the lines. Dexter was perfect and in perfect shape. BTW, Jay was darker than everyone else on stage....that fake tan in a can stuff is awful.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    does anyone remember the 2002 mr.o? after weider gave gunther some mad props true he looked better that ever but sh!t " colman takes title gunther takes glory!" "golden boy gunther is the next mr.o!" plastered on the front page of flex.look at these points
    gunters win over colman at the GNC. posters for the show had gunther times bigger than ronnie then gunther's win which lot of pro's saw as strange.
    weilder pays gunther 5 times the $ they pay ronnie. (so i heard)
    we all know that winning pro shows pays jack****, cormier said that he sees racisim not in who wins bb shows but in contrats like that one weilder give gunther.
    i think jay can/should be mr.o but gunther?! weilder is trying to get bb more mainstream and gunther is the perfect mr.o for them to market to mainstream america he good looking, blonde-blue eyed and big, a godsend! i dont know what to call it, racisim mabye but somthing is definantly up. ( 1999 MR.O cormier would kick jays ass IMO)

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    Dexter has been doing a great job. i havnt actually seen the pics yet, but he looked great at the Mr. O. I am calling BS on the racism as well..fortunately, i dont believe it is in BBing.

As far as who is next in line if Dexter can look just as good wit another 15-20 pounds on him...jay would need to watch out. Dexter looks like a new version of flex wheeler, or if i might dare say, a 'light weight' ronnie. His genetics and symetry are fantastic. he is just a lil light (notice i am not saying small-yes their is a dif) at this time.

Thanks

I agree with mostly everything you guys said. Racism does not exist in Pro Body Building but Favoritism does. Jay should have taken third behind Dexter and Chris. Thanks for the responses....

BDTR is offline Retired
    How come anytime anyone doesn't get what they want, they cry racism, sexism or homophobia?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    How come anytime anyone doesn't get what they want, they cry racism, sexism or homophobia?
    because no one can except the fact that they might actually have to take responsibility for their failures, not really realated to this thread, but imo

BDTR is offline Retired
    No, its related to this thread. Couldn't put have put it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    because no one can except the fact that they might actually have to take responsibility for their failures, not really realated to this thread, but imo

Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    I posted this here because it was the most likely spot to :

we all know that the only reason that cutler won is because they can't have black guys winning every comp. It would turn away too many fans. Sad but true fact.

I just want to know if anybody else sees this form of Racism in the Pro Body Building sport or even at your local gym. Because I don't .... Please give me some feed back....
    ...hmmm where to start..--i'm not in pro bb so i dont know..i dont see any at my gym.. i havent encountered any in pro-wrestling on my level- but there maybe be some in the upper levels<--and thats a strong maybe...whenever i go to a strange town for a indy show i always look and wonder...i cant help but too..but get this dudes--i've encountered REVERSE RACISM..(to an advantage and disadvantage)..but thats a diff story if anyone wants i can post the story in the lounge area..

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Jay may have won over Chris and Dexter when he shouldn't have, but it wasn't racism. It was politics and the crazy hierarchy that bodybuilding has built up over the years.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    truer words were never spoken

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    does anyone remember the 2002 mr.o? after weider gave gunther some mad props true he looked better that ever but sh!t " colman takes title gunther takes glory!" "golden boy gunther is the next mr.o!" plastered on the front page of flex.look at these points
    gunters win over colman at the GNC. posters for the show had gunther times bigger than ronnie then gunther's win which lot of pro's saw as strange.
    weilder pays gunther 5 times the $ they pay ronnie. (so i heard)
    we all know that winning pro shows pays jack****, cormier said that he sees racisim not in who wins bb shows but in contrats like that one weilder give gunther.
    i think jay can/should be mr.o but gunther?! weilder is trying to get bb more mainstream and gunther is the perfect mr.o for them to market to mainstream america he good looking, blonde-blue eyed and big, a godsend! i dont know what to call it, racisim mabye but somthing is definantly up. ( 1999 MR.O cormier would kick jays ass IMO)
    What is up is that Gunter is gonna make Weider more money than Ronnie, so he'll get paid more. If you want to blame someone for that, blame the people that Gunter and bodybuilding is being marketed to. If Ronnie is gonna bring Weider and bodybuilding more money than Gunter, I firmly believe he'll get paid more.

racism.......give me a break

topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Markus Ruhl is the MAN ! Even Dorian said that Cutler wasn't on the other night . Cormier and Jackson should have come in ahead of him anyway . Like some of you say and know , Top rank BB is very political . You gots to pay those dues . I'm a Ruhl fan myself . That guy is HUGE and always on . He blew Gunter away and Gunter pulled out 4th . How the HELL you figure that ???

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    Couldn't put have put it better myself.
    Ditto.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    1st there is NO SUCH THING AS REVERSE RACISIM! RACISM IS RACISM!

2nd, looking at the pics I don't think Jay should have won, also last year 2002/2001 I don't think Ronnie should have won, and you can go on and on and on... BBing and any of the pro's will tell you the judging is all bs. Jay may have won because he IS the reigning champ. And because this brings to mind the new question Mass or Symetry? Dexter lb for lb is just bad ass! Hell, Lee Priest who's even smaller when on can compete with the ronnie's and jays and levrone and cormiers. I saw the pics and believe that Jay was NOT at his best and surprised that he even was in it (he was just going to do the O).
    Now as far as the racism goes...I deal with it every day! I'm an american and where I work MOST are Indian/Israeli/chinese and I'll say this the first 2 really diss the Americans. Who gets bonus'? 3% americans and 25% indian/israeli...I'll leave at that. Hell I have no problems with anyone, just that it's not a fair environment. It's actually the worst work environment that MOST of us have ever worked in. Work hard get zero! Sorry off on a tangent...

SID

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I gotta say that is bull****...I've seen cutler deserve to beat ronnie a few times and it didn't happen. Was that deverse racism? Please...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    BS!

I do agree with you Johan, the judges cant judge correct, sometimes i wonder if they look at the contest or just at the names.

Racism only exist if you believe it does, and you are just promoting it...

Racism only exist if you believe it does
    What kind of silly **** is that?

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Bro, if you only had clue! hell the black's have struggled with it for a long time, so have anyone from different nationalities! Hell, being called a Dego or Wop or being talked down too because I'm italian or all my family is in the mob...that stereotypicaly racism. Talking down to ones race, religion, or anything like that is racism bro. It happens, or didn't you hear of that fun loving bunch KKK or the Arians...hell, the black panthers! WTF! Open your eyes! If you close your eyes to it it will just keep going, hate to sound like a tree hugger, but lifes to short to hate people because of something stupid like race/religion! You F*K with me I hate you, you earned my hate, not because you're black, chinese, jewish, athiest or what ever... Open your eyes

SID

Reverse Racism...

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    I gotta say that is bull****...I've seen cutler deserve to beat ronnie a few times and it didn't happen. Was that deverse racism? Please...
    ..i havent encountered any in sports or competetive things like that..but asfar as life situations here is an example of what happened to me..basically i was in the car business-service, sales everything..Reverse Racism happened to me when a former good friend of mine was working with me for over 6 months on a deal...yea he is so am i...anyways his dad is old school, you guys know what i mean..he likes to wheel and deal..i gave my former bud the price on trade and purchase or lease on a new car..his pops decided to try and do better and deal with a sales person..they pull in one day without me knowing and bought a car..not from me..now hows that poss the dealership i worked at is very large. as a matter of fact i didnt find out about this deal until the following day...my former bud didnt get a better deal at all same trade value same price for the purchased car..and at this dealer this is only 1 price no dealing at all...now some of you might think thats no big deal but it does exist out there-reverse racism-..blks not wanting to deal with blks because they think they might be getting ripped off or something...they rather work with whts only..i myself dont see color at all..on a related note i went to a basically all wht school. if i talk to some of you over the phone you couldnt tell i was blk..yes i did get strange looks when i would talk to customers over the phone then they come in a see me ...."oohhh you sounded taller over the phone"...

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Racism only exist if you believe it does, and you are just promoting it...
    Cry me a river....I wish I had the race card to pull. I'd use it anywhere just to get my way.

This is one of the worst threads I've ever seen. Calling it racism that a black guy lost to a white guy in a competition. It's probably racism too that there aren't too many black swimmers or hockey players. Call Jesse Jackson and see what you can do

White and asian kids applying to medschool get to pull the race card.

Your GPA and MCAT scores have to be dramaticaly higher than black and other minority scores to get in. AA is alive and kicking in admissions.

Farmer is offline Member
    I get so sick and tired of hearing racism and all this crap! It seems to be the safety blanket for excuses. Hypothetically speaking, what if it was Cutler, Titus and Prince in the top 3..what would the excuse be then? It always deals with black vs white when there really isn't any difference except color. Hell, DNA test two white people, then test a black and a white...you will probably find more difference between the two white people than the black. EVERYONE is different, I don't care if there is skin similiarities..I'm so overwhelmed with thoughts I can't even type anymore..

Peace

Farmer

Thread Information