Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Gear Head is offline Associate Member

Question Do Any Employers Test For As?

Just wondering if employers test for juice or just if you compete. More interested in fire depts. testing for juice, thx

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    No they don't. Do a search on drugs tests and you'll find lots of threads on this subject.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    The NFL.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    when anyone does a test whether it be law enforcement or employers it costs money. Usually one does a Urine analysis since it is cheaper than blood tests. The more compounds that are tested, the more expensive it is since they require more tests. Usually tests focus mainly on rec drugs such as cocaine and thc. In other words, testing for steroids is expensive and usually not considered in employment. It usually wont even be tested by law enforcement unless they have a reason too.

LeafsFan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    The NFL.
    How do players still manage to juice with those tests?

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan
    How do players still manage to juice with those tests?
    it is easier than you think to pass a drug test. Sometimes however they are strict and it makes it harder but still possible. Also in the NFL where many of the athletes juice, it is probably more common that the coaches, trainers, etc, help to hide the use. Also many athletes will juice in the off season and use drugs that leave the system quickly.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Head,

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    No they don't. Do a search on drugs tests and you'll find lots of threads on this subject.

This is bad and dangerous advice.

My present job DID test for AAS's in the pre-employment drug test. My old job also tested for AAS's in the pre-employment drug test. Plus they checked for AAS's in the annual drug test.

Some jobs might test, alot doesn't because of the cost. Only the employer and the lab rats know what they test for.

Most college and all pro football players have trainers that deal w/ the AAS use & testing. When guys ask for help on cycles because they play football, they are HS kids. In college, the trainers handle these things. Some HS even do this.

Stengun

Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy Head,

This is bad and dangerous advice.

My present job DID test for AAS's in the pre-employment drug test. My old job also tested for AAS's in the pre-employment drug test. Plus they checked for AAS's in the annual drug test.

Some jobs might test, alot doesn't because of the cost. Only the employer and the lab rats know what they test for.

Most college and all pro football players have trainers that deal w/ the AAS use & testing. When guys ask for help on cycles because they play football, they are HS kids. In college, the trainers handle these things. Some HS even do this.

Stengun
    Dude they don't even test ppl for AS at the federal level, that includes the service, customs, secret service etc.
    State police, local cops, fire fighters etc DO NOT get tested for AS.
    I have friends in all of the above mentioned jobs and EVERYONE of them was juiced out of the skulls when they were given their drug tests.
    What's given is a 9 pannel drug screen which does NOT include AS.
    If you got tested for AS then the company you work for must have had a reason to test you...They don't do it plain and simple....

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Dude they don't even test ppl for AS at the federal level, that includes the service, customs, secret service etc.
    State police, local cops, fire fighters etc DO NOT get tested for AS.
    I have friends in all of the above mentioned jobs and EVERYONE of them was juiced out of the skulls when they were given their drug tests.
    What's given is a 9 pannel drug screen which does NOT include AS.
    If you got tested for AS then the company you work for must have had a reason to test you...They don't do it plain and simple....
    More bad and dangerous advice.

At both jobs they check everybody. As a military vet they started checking for AAS's in Jan. '88. I'm not sure if the still do. As a former federal gov't employee, they do test for AAS's. My wife is an Arkansas state employee and they test for AAS's. I have a friend that works for UPS and they test for AAS's. I have a friend that got fired from the Arkansas State Police for AAS's detected in a drug test.

Everybody needs to post about their job, and not just say that they don't check for AAS's use. Alot of jobs do, but most don't. My buddy that lost his job w/ the ASP was told that AAS's can't be detected by a drug test and that they don't check for AAS's. I tried to tell him that they could be detected and that the ASP probably checks for them.

Better safe than sorry. Best thing to do, is to check on what they test for.

Stengun

So how do u find out what they test for and how long it stays in your system?? They have to test for a specific substance.

dane is offline Junior Member
    I had to do a report on this in school and found out it is very expensive and rarely done. I'm not saying nerver though. I had some friends applying for the police dept. and were given lie detector tests instead.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by unhcj
    So how do u find out what they test for and how long it stays in your system?? They have to test for a specific substance.
    Everybody in my area that does a complete drug test uses the same clinic that I go to. I know one of the lab rats, and she let me know what all they test for. Also good at leaving things off the test results printout.

Stengun

Sten if you can tell us what type of work do you do, nothing specific.thx for the info bros looks like i'm in for some serious research.

check your pm's new

Howdy,

More bad and dangerous advice.

At both jobs they check everybody. As a military vet they started checking for AAS's in Jan. '88. I'm not sure if the still do. As a former federal gov't employee, they do test for AAS's. My wife is an Arkansas state employee and they test for AAS's. I have a friend that works for UPS and they test for AAS's. I have a friend that got fired from the Arkansas State Police for AAS's detected in a drug test.

Everybody needs to post about their job, and not just say that they don't check for AAS's use. Alot of jobs do, but most don't. My buddy that lost his job w/ the ASP was told that AAS's can't be detected by a drug test and that they don't check for AAS's. I tried to tell him that they could be detected and that the ASP probably checks for them.

Better safe than sorry. Best thing to do, is to check on what they test for.

Stengun

It's hard to say this without sounding like sounding like a prick, but this is ridiculous. You honestly think/believe that they spend the money to test everyone for AAS? Which would they look for? If they did look for AAS, they may as well check for anti e's. You really think they fork out the money to test for all the various compounds? They could just as reasonably give everyone an MRI to check for a third kidney. There is no way in hell any company would throw money down the toilet like that without sufficient cause. I don't care what your buddy at the lab said. Sorry for being harsh, but this has to stop.

If they do test for AS what is the best for leaving your system fast!

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Ok Im gonna settle something really quick as a Person curently in the military and did urinalysis's the US MILITARY DOES NOT CHECK FOR AS.... Also someone applying with a Police dept.. The POLICE Also DO NOT check for AS... UNLESS They have reason to belive you are talking something.. I mean if you dont look the part you have nothing to worry about.. If your like SUPPER huge and im talking SUPPER HUGE then MAYBE MAYBE they will look into giving you a test for that.. I mean ok look Ronie colman ring a bell? He was a cop right? You think he took a test for AS? hahahah I dont think so he would have lost his job 20 yrs ago. Sorry if I seem like a prick didnt mean to just trying to give some helpful thoughts.

trailboss is offline Junior Member
    Very few companies, if any, have the capacity to do their own drug tests in house. That being said, they will almost always contract to an outside lab Such as Quest or Labcorp. When they do, they set up accounts. The account rep examines their business needs and comes of with a Profile, that profile has a specific number assigned to it. The profile requires the testing of samples for Specific, pre-agreed upon drugs. The drug profile has a specific cost assigned to it. Anywhere from 30-80 dollars usually and may include 3-8 substances to be tested for. Anything outside of the profile requirements would have to be SPECIFICALLY requested and the patient would know about it in advance. There are no secret tests for anything, as everything has a number assigned to it. As a former lab tech, if a company were to request testing for some substance NOT found in the pre-agreed upon Drug Profile, It would have to be added to the recquistion manually, and the patient would be told about it and would have to sign for authorization. Hope that helps...

As far as beating the test, urine is the preferred method for detecting AS (and just about any other drug like pot, coke, whatever) and the best way to beat it, especially if you KNOW you are going to take a test, say tomorrow, is to drink MASSIVE amounts of water ahead of time. The tests look for metabolites, which can be diluted so they fall below a certain threshold. You are either Positive or Negative in your results. There is no result, sent to an employer who paid for the test, that says "oh..this guy is 10% positive for this or that". The law is on your side here, for the most part. You HAVE to reach a certain, pre-determined threshold in order to be legally positive in terms of results. Otherwise, you are negative and good to go. Things like Goldenseal and other crap that just costs you money, are not worth the time. Some labs will even test for these substances and report THAT back to the potential employer!

Also, if you DO force fluids, IE:a gallon or more, the night before (which could be dangerous so be careful) make sure to take a good multivitamin or two. If the urine is totally clear, thats a warning sign to a tech. The multi-vits will give it that nice, yellow urine color we all know and love! Good Luck bro...

I think when it comes to civil service jobs like police and fire like new said...they would pay money for that type of test.

Quote Originally Posted by unhcj
    I think when it comes to civil service jobs like police and fire like new said...they would pay money for that type of test.
    True, but only under certain circumstances. We used to do the drug profiles for major PD's in the area, they were all looking for opiates, pot, coke...never EVER saw a roid in there. Like I said, this is all set up in advance, so they can just give the recquistion to the potential client and send them to the lab...they get a special price for their panels and stuff and dont deviate, as a general rule, unless there are special circumstances, such as if the client admitted using a drug that is not already IN the panel.....

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I dont and I work as a firefighter.

well i wonder if any plice recruits or applicants know??

Howdy einstein,

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    It's hard to say this without sounding like sounding like a prick, but this is ridiculous. . I don't care what your buddy at the lab said. Sorry for being harsh, but this has to stop.

I guess you never heard of a DOT drug test. They check for everything.

Does your employer require you to take a pre-employment and an annual drug test? If so, what do they test for?

Stengun

Howdy einstein,

I guess you never heard of a DOT drug test. They check for everything.

Does your employer require you to take a pre-employment and an annual drug test? If so, what do they test for?

Stengun
    You're referring to the dept of transportation? So, they test every individual for AAS? For which do they test? The DOT has so many employees....I still don't believe they could justify the price of testing everyone....there's no logic in that. Nothing personal, but I'd have to see proof before I'd ever believe that. I'm not saying you need to prove it to me...it shouldn't matter to you what I think....you know what I mean. If I'm wrong, my apologies.
    I'm a student and get a stipend, but the bloodwork they required didn't include a test for any controlled substances.

Nooooo the DOT does NOT test for everything...at Lab i worked for, who the DOT sends their drug screens TO, we test for 8 common drugs, as per the profile set up by the DOT and Lab account rep's. There is no way in hell you can test for every drug with 40-60 ml of urine....and it would be cost prohibitive.

Again, the drug panels are agreed upon AHEAD of time and we dont deviate unless specifically requested...

By the way, I am a certified DOT drug screen/breath alcohol TRAINER...I do the training for all employees who come to the lab for certification/re-certification on these collections and the chain of custody paperwork that goes along with it.

My wife is also a tech, who collects these things every day....trust me.
    Last edited by trailboss; 03-10-2004 at 07:45 PM.

I'm a student and get a stipend, but the bloodwork they required didn't include a test for any controlled substances.[/QUOTE]

That would be normal, blood is NOT the preferred method for doing drug tests. I dont wanna get into the science of it, but the drugs will be out of the blood long before they are outta the urine...so...we used to get parents come in and want drug tests for their kid...found stuff in there dresser or somethin and wanted them tested. they would always question and demand blood tests, rather then urine, and we had to explain that urine was better all the time...cheaper too...

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss
    That would be normal, blood is NOT the preferred method for doing drug tests. I dont wanna get into the science of it, but the drugs will be out of the blood long before they are outta the urine...so...we used to get parents come in and want drug tests for their kid...found stuff in there dresser or somethin and wanted them tested. they would always question and demand blood tests, rather then urine, and we had to explain that urine was better all the time...cheaper too...
    No problem. I'm well aware of the science behind it. I just answered his question, and it was worded poorly.

Howdy,

Like I said, they test for AAS's at my current job, and at my former job. They also test for AAS's at my wife's job. They test for AAS's w/ the state police. They also tested for AAS's when I worked for the State Dept. when I worked for them. I don't know about your job or your school. I know most jobs DO NOT test for AAS's but SOME DO. So, its bad and dangerous advice to tell people that they DO NOT test for AAS's when some places do.

So, the bottom line is.....Don't tell someone that they don't test for AAS's UNLESS you know for a fact that the employer DOES NOT check for AAS's. Unless your trying to get someone fired. Just remember, steroids have a very bad rep w/ the general public. My job has a company policy against the use og illegal and illecit drugs. AAS's fall under this unless they are prescribed by a doctor.

I would hate to see someone lose his job/career over bad advice.

Stengun

How much time do i have for me to be clean from as?? Like from short esters like prop winny etc??

Howdy,

Like I said, they test for AAS's at my current job, and at my former job. They also test for AAS's at my wife's job. They test for AAS's w/ the state police. They also tested for AAS's when I worked for the State Dept. when I worked for them. I don't know about your job or your school. I know most jobs DO NOT test for AAS's but SOME DO. So, its bad and dangerous advice to tell people that they DO NOT test for AAS's when some places do.

So, the bottom line is.....Don't tell someone that they don't test for AAS's UNLESS you know for a fact that the employer DOES NOT check for AAS's. Unless your trying to get someone fired. Just remember, steroids have a very bad rep w/ the general public. My job has a company policy against the use og illegal and illecit drugs. AAS's fall under this unless they are prescribed by a doctor.

I would hate to see someone lose his job/career over bad advice.

Stengun
    Id be very interested to know what kind of job you have bro, ballpark figure anyway. And when you say they test for AAS, what KIND of AAS? they cant test for ALL of them...too cost prohibitive trust me. Is it Random drug testing or Pre-Employment? Next time you get a recquisition and are told to go to a lab and give it up for the "whiz quiz" PM me the lab that does the test AND the panel number...i'll tell you exactly what is in it, how much it costs, and whatever else i can find.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    The DOT does not test for AAS. I'm an airport security as*hole...and a college student as*hole...come to think of it I'm just an as*hole, but I don't get tested for AAS.

poppapump58 is offline Member
    I think this is a very dumb question because its been answered every week since I have been on this board for over 3 yrs now. NO, employers dont test. "Bob continues to be late to work and not showing any interest when ask to do certain jobs". "Ya he must be on steroids ".

I think that this thread got a little of track because the orignal post asked if a place like a fire dept/police dept etc test not your regular job like construction worker etc

second question got lost in all of the excitement, what gets out of your system fast? and how fast. Thx

I'm not going to even argue this anymore...If state police or armed services tested for AS then 6 of my friends from the state police and 4 of my friends in the Airforce (including my brother who was a pilot) would have never gotten jobs, not to mention my other friend that just got out of the secret service adcademy.

Quote Originally Posted by New Gear Head
    second question got lost in all of the excitement, what gets out of your system fast? and how fast. Thx
    just do a search for anabolic steroid half life...heres an example result...

http://www.anabolicreview.com/halflife.php

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    The NIDA (federally mandated) DOT testing is only done for cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, PCP and opiates with attention to heroin .

I am really unclear where Stengun is getting his information. Just call any testing center and ask about the DOT (Department of Transportation) approved testing. NO AS testing is included in that panel.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Tygh
    The NIDA (federally mandated) DOT testing is only done for cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, PCP and opiates with attention to heroin .

I am really unclear where Stengun is getting his information. Just call any testing center and ask about the DOT (Department of Transportation) approved testing. NO AS testing is included in that panel.
    You are forgetting stuff like valuims, phenybarbitol, LSD, and some designer drugs like MDMA, GBL and the list goes on.

All the test is done inhouse and the info comes from a friend that is a lab rat at the clinic. Plus, at my last job, one of the supervisors was fired for AAS's during his annual physical. It is a haz waste plant and they perform every freaking test that you can think of. They require a minimun .5 liters of urine and 40 ml of blood. They do a chest X-ray, EKG, plumanary function, hearing, vision, full liver function test, check ur nuts, butthole, teeth, and the list goes on and on. Its a real MF of a test. The first time I took the test, it took over 5 hours. The new job is self-insured and they look for reason to fire/ not hire people. Since AAS's have a bad rep. with the public in general, and the med. professionals beleive that it causes long-term damage/ health problems, this is one of the things that they test for. On my last drug test at work, they required 300ml of urine, 20 ml of blood, and most of the hair on my head, well ....a wad the size of a #2 pencile.

This is where I get my info. I don't know about your job, I just know about my job and several other peeps that I know.

The thread didn't really get off topic. MBarso said that the fire dept doesn't check for AAS's. How does he know this? If I had ask on this forum if my new job would test for AAS's, I would have been told "no", when in fact they do and I would have lost a $55,000.00 dollars a year job. Since I live in rural Arkansas this is a very good paying job. In LA, CA, it would be equal to about $125,000.00 a year job. I glad I checked, and planned accordingly.

Stengun

Howdy,

They do a chest X-ray, EKG, plumanary function, hearing, vision, full liver function test, check ur nuts, butthole, teeth, and the list goes on and on. Its a real MF of a test. Stengun
    Not necessarily in this order

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Gear Head
    Just wondering if employers test for juice or just if you compete. More interested in fire depts. testing for juice, thx
    I'll make this quick and simple for you. I am a firefighter (hence the name, obviously) and no they don't test for AS. They screen for cocaine, MJ, heroin... things like that. I was on juice at my last physical...which included a drug test, and I am still working and drug screen came back negative. Anybody that thinks different, I challenge you to prove it. The only exception is if a specific department has adopted a policy to test for AS for whatever reason, but as a rule I would say almost no departments check for AS. Believe opinions if you want, but I know this to be a fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information