Thread: Andro Ban

Andro Ban

US Cracks Down on Sale of Hormone Androstendione
    VOA News
    11 Mar 2004, 19:51 UTC

U.S. government regulators have told food supplement companies to stop selling the hormone androstendione unless they can prove that it is not a dangerous drug.
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Department of Health and Human Services has warned 23 manufacturers to stop making the product - commonly known as andro - unless they can prove it is safe.

The FDA is using a seldom enforced provision of a law that defines as dietary supplements as natual substances that were on the market before 1994. Andro was not marketed before 1994 and so its producers have to prove it is safe before it can be legally sold as a supplement.

The announcement comes one day after Major League Baseball Players' Union head Donald Fehr challenged the U.S. Senate to change the law if it wants andro eliminated from sports. Testifying before the Senate Commerce Committee, Mr. Fehr said andro is a legal supplement and if the Congress wants it removed it should change the law.

The drug became famous when former Major League Baseball single season home run king Mark McGwire admitted using it to build muscle. Andro has long been sold over the counter as a dietary supplement.

Medical studies have shown that andro raises the body's testosterone levels . The government move comes as Major League Baseball is under a cloud of suspicion over allegations of steroid use by players.

looks like more will be joining the darkside soon

Froggy is offline Member
    Why in the #ell!!!, is the government getting involved in this? We are talking F@cking Senators & congress. Bush has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy
    Why in the #ell!!!, is the government getting involved in this? We are talking F@cking Senators & congress. Bush has got to go.
    yes, this is gettin out of hand.....

TinCup17 is offline Associate Member
    I heard about this today. This is getting ridiculus. What's next protein!!

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Stupid Sh*t !! Next they will try to ban all supplements even protein.. Getting out of HAnd !!!!!!

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Looks like politicans doesn't like BBs. They are do like fat people

Mack-Attack is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy
    Yea, Bush just lost my vote...

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel like I'm in cuba

ultranyteg is offline Junior Member
    relax, their just trying to make it look like their cracking down on cheaters in sports and such.

also, this industry is worth millions of dollars. if something good gets banned it will probably be modified and put back onto the market as something else. just too much cash in it, someone will do it

Latimus is offline Banned
    my buddies know i did andro...this makes me and the rest of people who have done it look like drug users....****ty deal

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    It sounds like they are cracking down on prohormones. What could you possibly do to put them back on the market?

Remember when you could buy the amino acid tryptophan as a supplement and the FDA banned it about a decade or so ago? You couldn't buy it for 5 years, because some people got sick from a bad batch that I think contained cyanide. Now you need a prescription for it .... thats total bs, I mean it's a freakin' amino acid.

My point is that if they ban prohormones they are gone for good.

Thread Information