ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member

Package Seized By Customs..

Friend of mine just had a package seized from customs out in SanFrancisco. He received a 5 page letter that I will post later today or tomorrow, once I figure out how. He asked me if he is ok, but I honestly have no idea. If they do contact him, I just told him to deny he had ordered anything. He ordered d-bol out of thailand! Does anyone have any feedback on what to expect, so I can let him know? I will post the letter shortly..

X..

CHANGELING is offline New Member
    He has the option to go and try and collect the package or he can do nothing(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and the package will be forfeit in a few months(3 I think) and then destroyed. I would get a new address to ship to. They will not come to see him(99.44%)

CHANGELING is offline New Member
    He has the option to go and try and collect the package or he can do nothing(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and the package will be forfeit in a few months(3 I think) and then destroyed. I would get a new address to ship to. They will not come to see him(99.44%)

Yea, i am reading the letter right now, and it says they want you to sign and all this other stuff and mail it back to them and pretty much just accept responsibility. (yea, right!) Ive been trying to scan these docs with my scanner then to word perfect, but when I try to upload the docs here it is not working for some reason. Does anyone know how? I would like to post these docs, they are pretty interesting.

X..

bigjsheets is offline Associate Member
    SAme **** happened to me. About a month after the first letter I got a second one saying since I didnt try to claim the package, it was being forfieted. He's cool, just don't try to order to that address again.

biG rOb is offline New Member
    tell yur buddy his cool.
    it happend to me a total of 4 times before i gave up w/overseas shipments.
    bigjsheets is right, after 30 days he should receive another letter stating that since there wasn't any claims on the stuff they will take charge of the property.
    if there is no priscription, tell him to just toss the letter in the trash..
    -
    no such thing as flagged addresses, but it would be wise to have it ship somewhere else.

dumblucky is offline Member
    san fran
    customs are notorious bastards they have seized everything I have ordered in the past 4 months.. all with diffrent addresses..NOTHIN gets by these guys..if its coming from a hot country then it gets opened
    As ffar as the letter
    I got my brown envelope that my guy sends opened and then sealed with a Green Homeland security tape inside I found a piece of paper stating that customs had confiscated my gear and would send me a letter soon, they did and promptly threw it away.. havent heard anything else aand that was in Dec
    sucks huh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Package Seized By Customs..-customs.jpg  
    Last edited by dumblucky; 03-12-2004 at 06:25 PM.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    LMAO...Ordered from thailand and it goes through the SF port? I hope you guys aren't surprised that it was seized. What's next, you gonna order from Pakistan? I hear the sust is pretty cheap there...LOL...That's why you run your source checks, I would have told ya not to order from there...

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Gotta learn the hard way.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    i hate san fran cause of this same shiat.
    (but ive snuck one past em in the last month, so they can eat me )

jbol is offline Senior Member
    well now i know where not to order from....glad this was posted

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    Always do a source check...

also once you get that letter, never have anything sent to that address.

Never send the letter back...just toss it and deny everything all the time.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak Helmet
    Always do a source check...

not always the sources problem. new technology in customs is going to be an increasing pain int he arse. I agree source checks are always good, but it is not their fault sometimes...and good sources make things right in the end

I agree with Vette, not always the sources fault. It only cost em about 200USD, so it wasnt a huge loss. Better that than a few thousand. I heard that the SF port was pretty tough on international shippments. Most of my stuff usually came out of JFK, so I guess it depends on where in the world your sources are at. It also helps to have someone on the inside. I had a source in South America, and we had a connect in the post office over there. My stuff never had a problem getting through. I am not sure how it is everywhere else but over there before you can ship, they want to see what is inside. So, IMO some of these overseas guys have some connects in the mail system, or are very creative with there packaging. I will pass the advice to my friend and tell him he is ok. I appreciate the advice.. He never did tell me who he ordered from. All he said was he was in the uk, but shipped from thailand. Right there should have rang a few bells, but he ordered anyways. And as for addresses being flagged? This is a great question, and always gets mixed answers. I personally would keep changing it up, but you never really do know. Ever since 9/11, it screwed the whole system up for everyone.

X..

X..
    Last edited by ItalianMuscle27; 03-13-2004 at 03:15 AM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    San Fran..and JFK...hardasses!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    stay domestic - safety first Bros

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    They also put your name in the paper after awhile. They put the name in the paper saying they are giving the goods to the govn. Thats what mine said, it said my name was gonna be in the new york times..lol. No more overseas..

RDL

Ragnarok is offline New Member

Illinois

You guys forgot Chicago. I have not ordered Internationally, but have been told on several other boards that O'Hare is a bitch.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    what about shipping from mexico to the LA area, what do you think the chances of a fed ex getting thru is.

panabolic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    what about shipping from mexico to the LA area, what do you think the chances of a fed ex getting thru is.
    Slim and none, just what I heard bro FedEX, DHL and all the other International Couriers and notorious for opening all packages. Try the local courier or reg mail instead, they only open a random number of packs not all like Fedex. that's my .02 Best.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    Crap I always heard they dont open anything.

mapkos is offline Junior Member
    X White- Try to scan the letters at a lower resolution, They probably are too large of a file size to upload here. Let us know if it works for you.

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    I think that since 9-11, were are all really f**cked with the out of country stuff. My source is in Cancun, and out of the 4 packages that I ordered, only 2 came. I thought that maybe it was just where my stuff was comming in, but after hearing all of you, yeah, were f**cked.

2vascular is offline New Member

Brazil

has anyone ordered from brazil recently? What are the odds here?

Thread Information