Thread: My Routine "On"

pmacdona51 is offline Associate Member

My Routine "On"

(I have put this up on this board to get some more responses)

Ok so i know i have posted a couple routines. I have been changin it up to see what kills me the most so when i started up my cycle there was no f*&^n around. Anyway here it is. I am gonna do this for a month and then i think switch to a westside routine more geared towards football as well as to help solidify gains etc.

Day 1 Chest/Calves
    Incline Barbell; 7,6,6(then 1rest pause, drop set and then 1RP)
    Flat Barbell; same as above
    Decline Barbell; same as above
    Pec Dec; Fail at 8 then a triple drop set

Standing Calve Raises; 8 sets of 12 with a 30sec partial following each. (try this...the burn is intense boys)

Day 2 Back/Traps/Biceps
    Pullups; 3 sets of bodyweight till fail
    Deadlifts; 7,6,6,4 (1rest pause, then a dropset 1 plate at a time (i do 4 at 405) when you get down to 2 plates do shrugs until you get to 50 no matter how long it takes!
    Bentover Rows; 7, 6, 6

Concentration Curls; pre exhaust your bis with a triple drop set
    Barbell Curls; 7,6,6 (1 rest pause then do a giant drop set 10's(plates) at a time)
    Incline Hammer Curls; 3 sets of 12

Day 3 Shoulders/Triceps/Calves
    Push Press; 7, 6, 6(1 rest pause)
    Dumbell Press; take a weight you would fail at 8 for, take 15 pounds off it. then start 20-25pounds below this weight and do a set of 8 then right away go up 5 pounds and do 8 and so forth until you fail at 8. then right away do a drop set with the same weights used, each set till fail. Basically you are doing one long set pyramiding up then dropsetting down.
    Side Laterals;1 triple drop set
    Rear Laterals;1 triple set

Close Grip Bench; 7, 6, 6 (1 rest pause)
    Decline Skull Crushers; 7, 6, 6 (1 rest pause)
    Dips till you reach 50

Seated Calve Raises; pick a weight you fail at about 12 for...fail then count to 5, the do 5 more.....then count again and so forth until you get to 75. This takes about 4 minutes or so but it really cranks that soleus. Make sure your toes ar ebehind your knees.

Day 4 Legs!

Leg Extensions; 2 sets of 15 light
    Squats; 7, 6, 6, 4, 3, 3(1 rest pause)
    Deep Breathing Squats; 1 set
    Leg Press; 7, 6, 6
    Stiff Leg Deads; 7, 6, 6
    Seated Leg Curls; 2 Triple drop sets

So there it is.take a day or so off....once this test prop starts kickin in i am just gonna take one day off. I really think that this rountine covers alot of angles. I perform negatives whenever i can and do some extreme after i am done each muscle. If you have any comments please let me know. If you are looking for an intense workout try it out for a week. Go heavy, concentrate on form before anything else. I take a stopwatch in so i only wiat 2min between sets.

Current Cycle;
    Test prop;1-12 150mg EOD
    Winny; 6-12 50mg ED

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i would take your day off between day 2 and 3...hitting 3 days of upper body in a row is counterproductive IMO.

either switch your leg day to split day 2 and 3 or take the rest day then.

after years of training and trying a routine like that i found that the timing of my rest days was crucial to maximizing gains.

change up the exercises ever 2 weeks also as you will get more out of your training when you incorporate new exercises.

check out www.exrx.net and see what new things you could incorporate...i love that site.

pmacdona51 is offline Associate Member
    i agree actually.......this week i was a bit to run down so i did mon/tues break thurs/fri. i do plan on switching up some of the workouts like doing dumbells and seated press etc. what do you think though of the set/rep scheme?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmacdona51
    i agree actually.......this week i was a bit to run down so i did mon/tues break thurs/fri. i do plan on switching up some of the workouts like doing dumbells and seated press etc. what do you think though of the set/rep scheme?
    the rep scheme seems like a powerlifting routine as you never do more than 8 reps. you will see some great strength gains, but possibly not as much mass if you continued with a 6-8 rep schema the entire cycle.

i would incorporate some blood/volume training and do 12-15 reps every 2 weeks with lighter weight to shock the muscles and possibly break through the plateau or slow goings of a 6-8 rep range.

keep switching things up with the rep/exercise schema and you will keep growing if you have an abundance of cals every week.

Thread Information