Mike P.T. is offline New Member

Time to lift steroid ban??

this was written in the latest Muscular Development:

"Do we throw people in jail for getting liposuction, buying a fancy suit of clothes, or taking birth control pills? Why do we criminilize people who take steroids to improve their appearance or physical performance. Dr. Sidney Gendin made a pitch for legalizing steroids in an article on meso-rx.com (Dec. 7, 2001) Most sports federations call steroids cheating. Yet they allow the use of supplements that claim to work as well as steroids. They also allow training techniques, such as weight training and plyometrics, that can hardly be called "natural" activities. Steroids are banned because they're dangerous. However, the side effects of these drugs are much less severe than those from smoking and drinking. People have been taking these drugs for more than 40 years. Yet, we haven't seen the landslide of heart attack and cancer deaths predicted to the steroid Cassandras. The U.S. is supposed to be a free country. What right do lawmakers have to ban a drug that affects nobody but the user? Perhaps, it's time for the government and sports federations to lift the ban on steroids and allow people to be all they can be."

i couldn't agree more.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I read that article, actually just yesterday. Damn straight. How can they get boob jobs, which have been proven to be dangerous. . .and we can't try to improve our physical selves?

Don't think it's gonna happen any time soon, but we can always hope.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I doubt if it will ever happen maybe they should ban fags and alcohol

K Dog is offline Associate Member
    Couldn't agree more!

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Even thou steriods CAN be hazordis to yours health. THE majority of the hype comes from uneducated people. People only hear the negative side in the MEDIA. and its usually on the worse case scenario. The worst side effetcs come from steriod ABUSE. ALL other side effects are usually temporary and arnt that harmful. I dont think they will legalize it anytime soon or probaly not ever unlessthe docters and government come up with a safe way to control it. Lets not forget that theygive Anabolic Steriods to people who have muscle deteriating diaseases and people who have lower testosteron level then natural. In low to moderate dosages its alot safer then smoking, marijuana, alchohol, etc.... and yes people who smoke weed are still at risk of lung cancer!!!!!!!! The majority of todays BODYBUILDERs take sick amounts of JUICE, GH, Insuline.etc and when somebody gets hurt it goes back to they were just taking steriods, not explaining how much they were taking. If i drank 40 ouncer and a 24 pack of beer every day, that would not take long to kill me.
    If we want the steriods ban lifted we all have to start being more responsible with how we use them, I have read articles and it sickens me to read that some people take up to 2000 mgs a day or every other day. That is what gives it a BAD NAME

But hey that just my 2 cents, what do i know...lol

The most important thing is to be healthy!!

Be safe

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Dont get me wrong here i would love nothing more than to get legal gear, but if it was so easily available i think it would be abused by the uneducated. There would be to many teens and idiots on juice .

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    nice point rage control, i too would like steroids to be legal, however the fact that they are illegal and some poeple think they are dangerous and would never use them is good in some ways. if guy in the world used roids, then there would be a much much larger percentage of jacked people, and would make the stuff ive worked hard to obtain that much less important/different

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by RageControll
    Dont get me wrong here i would love nothing more than to get legal gear, but if it was so easily available i think it would be abused by the uneducated. There would be to many teens and idiots on juice .

I think it's already like that right now. At least if it was legal, they could be monitored and shown the right way. People are making their own concoctions of tren , buying juice from people that who knows where they got it from. Yes, there are people you can trust, but until they change the laws, there are going to be a LOT of fucked up teens and idiots that are on juice.

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    I think that steroids should be legal to use by anyone, as long as they are given to the user by a doctor. This way, they will still be controlled, monitored, and not available to just anyone. Think about it, You dont want every eighteen year old kid walking into a drug store and comming out with a bottle of t-400 and Deca .
    They wont legalize it, just like they wont legalize marijuana. Marijuana only effects the person using it. As long as I know where to get my gear, thats all that matters to me.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    No doctor, even if it was legal, would give someone a few bottles of t200. Ya never know what steroids are gonna mess with in your body, and no matter how many precautions you take, bad shit can still happen. The first person that did get messed up pretty bad after following the doctor's instructions would have a field day with the manufacturers and not to mention, the doctor. All we can hope for is the DEA to all but give up on stopping the influx of steroids into the states.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    I agree..I read that article and I think that all those points are well thought out and educated.I've never felt like I was doing anything wrong by taking steroids as I've never let it run or ruin my life.while at times I'm sure I've been an asshole and a little irratable(havent we all..lol)its all worth it in the long run.I dont look at it like a drug like herion or coke because drugs like that bring down your moral and your body where a.s. make your body bigger,better,stronger,leaner,etc.etc. plus we make it easy on the eyes..lets face it,I know I dont wanna look at gross overweight ugly people.i'd rather see a guy who looks like me or a lady who obviously takes care of herself and her body and looks great showing it off..I could go on and on..but theres peolpe out there who do give us a bad name but I think with boards like this and todays people seemingly a little smarter and making smarter choices,its not really overrun with idiots..think about it..

EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY...TAKE ME FOR INSTANCE..2 YRS AGO I WAS LIKE STERIODS ARE BAD, YOU'LL LOSE YOUR NUTS, INJURIES HAPPEN ALOT FASTER..YOU'LL LOSE YOUR GAINS AFTER YOUR CYCLE IS DONE..I THOUGHT I KNEW IT ALL..I COULDNT HAVE BEEN FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH...ISNT THIS DARK SIDE REALLY THE LIGHT SIDE???.PLUS I BELIEVE SOMEONE ELSE WROTE IF WOMAN CAN GET BOOBS (FOR $4000-$6000) WHY CAN WE USE A SUBSTANCE TO INHANCE WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE???
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 02-02-2002 at 07:17 PM.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    ABSO FUCKIN LUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle_Buck is offline Junior Member
    I agree too that the charges for possession should be reduced. Since using gear is a victimless crime and we are all adults who have control over what we want to do to our bodies, it should be a small fine or something. Get it out of the same class as narcotics.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    some times russia does have its plus (legal gear).

no really tho, being a teen i know that there would be a ton of idiots who would take roids just so they could go beat this kid up or so they could defend themselves, they would never be taking to give themselves advantages in the gym, hell most teens probably wouldnt even lift while taking it... still having legal gear would be a dream come true.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I GOT THE SOLUTION, I GOT THE SOLUTION !!!

This is perfect, what they have to do is allow people to write "The Steroid Test" This test will ask some VERY complicated questions about juicing, how much to take, where to inject, which are real, which are fake, how much to inject in a week, side affects, muscle groups, etc... Then, if you pass, you get your "Steroid Card" which will allow you to walk into a pharmacy and purchase steroids !!!

It can't get any easier then this!!! ROFL!!!

Well, what do you think?

Terinox

solid90062 is offline Member
    Only in our f-ing dreams

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy
    hell yeah, dawg! :spudniksw:

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    hell yeah, dawg! :spudniksw:
    tjis is old news bro....over 2yrs old

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RageControl

If it was legal, it could still be regulated by prescription, and administered by your local sports medicine doc. That should cut deep enough into the black market trade that high school kids would have a tough time getting AS. Plus, it would enable everyone to be monitored by an expert in these things.
    A lot safer, a lot less hassle with the law, in the long run. Keep lots of guys from doing crazy things . . .
    -Tock

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPaPumP

Don't think it's gonna happen any time soon, but we can always hope.

You can hope in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first.
    It won't ever happen if folks keep voting for Republicans and Democrats.
    As far as I know, only the Libertarians and Greens have reasonable positions on drug use.
    --Tock

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy
    sounds like a great idea to me!

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by POWERSTROKE
    they wont legalize marijuana. Marijuana only effects the person using it.
    Not true. I've known several peeps that spent their last $25.00 on a bag of weed, and let their kids go to bed w/out food. Through the years, I have fed alot of pot heads and meth heads kids because they traded their food stamps for drugs.

Stengun

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    I find it amusing that everyone is so concerned about athletes using steroids because kids will think that thats what it takes to get to the top. The only reason why kids are learning about steroid use is because of the friggin media, not cause athletes are advertising it. If theyre concerned about "the children," tell the media to quit making every other story on the news about so and so using steroids. Why the **** does/should anyone really give a fvck that Barry Bonds or some other athlete uses steroids? Leave the athletes (and us) alone and no kid will even know what the hell a steroid is.
    Another thing I find amusing is that I can go to a doctor and get pumped full of estrogen and female hormones or whatever, get all kinds of surgery, and eventually be turned into a woman. Yet its illegal to make myself more masculine. God ****, its a bigger deal to juice in this country than to get a fvcking sex change- what the hell?! Truly amazing.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I completely agree, bro

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    i think your wrong...how many huge mexicans have you ever seen.i've been to tiawana and besides the other americans there shopping for the same thing i was.there was no one bigger...your gonna use it weather it's legel or not.same idea behind legalizing all drugs..would you run out and shoot heroin because it's legel....i wouldn't.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    man screw that legalizing crap i like to be the guy 5'5 190 repping 320 on the bench and everyone staring at me wondering how im doin it cause i show no side effects of juice. if it was legal,what most of us do in the gym would be a common occurance. and the chicks would lose interest cause everyone in the gym can bench 400 or load the leg sled with 20 plates. screw that, that would mean everybosy at the gym would be a bro and us real bros cant be having that.

Thread Information