Royal_Mako_Rumble is offline Junior Member

Bulking 'ON' a cutting cycle!!!!!

I was just wondering if it was possible to be on a cutting cycle while working out for bulking like heavy weights, high protein and diet etc.

Now i know it would be difficult with calorie intake and Carbs, but i think its possible, Hyperthetically;

- If you wanted to shed some fat but didnt want to lose what muscle you had wouldnt it make sense to keep bulking on a cutting cycle instead of high reps etc for cutting. I know it would be difficult to muster but i dont think its a bad idea...?!

Can anyone shed some info on this, thanx

gettankd is offline Associate Member
    Well I'm Confused! Rep range does not decide whether or not you're ripped, Calories do and cardio. Eating sufficient protein will maintain muscle. I don't know if that helps, but there it is.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    do you mean your going to be useing componds that are generally used in cutting cycles, but your gonna use them to bulk????...or lift like your bulking but actually cut???

restate what you meant so we can get a better clue as to what your asking

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a bit confused by what you're asking/insinuating. A cycle itself, in my opinion, is neither a bulker nor a cutter independent of other variables (namely caloric intake and make-up) and is instead made into a bulking or cutting cycle based on your approach to these variables. Very, very few agents as far as I'm concerned are solely cutting or bulking agents. People intelligently and successfully use dbol in a cutting cycle just as assuredly as they've been known to use t3 in a bulker (more on this in the ed forum i think if this is foreign to you). So, in short, as soon as your goal is the gaining of LBM, the cycle, regardless of the agents comprising the cycle, becomes a bulker. Likewise for cutting. Now, that being said, some agents and esters will certainly be more effective in one cycle over the other, but there's little doubt in my mind that the classification of the cycle as one or the other is determined largely by your actions outside the realm of drug choice.

Now, it may be the case you're asking about and leaning towards a clean bulk or lean bulk, in which case there are a few threads (found one the other day by bask8case that was quite informative) that touch on this in some depth.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Rep range, etc does not really have much to do with fat loss. Actually i always keep the most muscle when im cutting if i actually keep my reps in the 5-6 range keeping it very heavy. WHen in comes down to cutting fat it is simply calories. Of course it gets a little more complicated than that such as types of calories, timing of calories, etc.

It is only fact that one cant lose muscle and gain fat at the EXACT instantaneous second. Either the body doesnt have enough calories or it has too many. Now the only theoritically approach that i can see is this...on may be able to burn fat at some parts of the day and gain muscle at other times. But this is SOOO hard to do because it is so precise.

Royal_Mako_Rumble is offline Junior Member
    yeah all im saying really is is it possible use cutting agents like T3, Stanazol etc on a very low calorie intake? to minimise fat and burn what u already have thru cardio, while gaining LBM thru heavy weights....

This is not a stupid question but an interesting one, i just hope yous understand what im trying to explain here.

So a Very Low Calorie intake cycle is this possible???

Testify is offline Senior Member
    First, I would not drastically change your caloric intake. Rather, shift some claories from carb and fat sources to protein. This will aid you in leaning out. 60% from Protein, 20% from Carbs, 20% from Fat is a good goal. Now you can maintain & even build muscle mass while staying lean. Of course AM cardio will do wonders for cutting too. All this is only augmented by the positive nitrogen balance that AAS will create.

To answer your question, yes. You can, over the interval of a cycle cut body fat and gain lean muscle mass. Check out the threads BG mentioned.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You are not going to gain much muscle on a very low caloric diet and the use of T-3. You can try to prevent catabolism but it is a pretty tough battle. The best you could hope for would probably be a nice drop in BF with little muscle loss.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i believe you should lift heavy at all times, there's no reason to ever go light in the gym

Thread Information