jbol is offline Senior Member

ziplip down,am i being tracked or am i paranoid?

i have 2 accounts at ziplip....i got a message in one of my ziplip accounts stating that they will be down for the next 2 days and in order to recieve mail i have to have it forwarded.any body else have this message?its kind of strange to me because the message only appeared in the account that i do most of my business in...and not the other...is it really down,are they attempting to track me or am i paranoid?

chazz is offline Junior Member
    my ziplip is fine maybe your so back up with emails that they need time to get your mail to you just a thought

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Just checked my ziplip and all is good.

here it is i copied and pasted the email:
    Dear user of Ziplip.com,

Our main mailing server will be temporary unavaible for next two days,
    to continue receiving mail in these days you have to configure our free
    auto-forwarding service.

For details see the attach.

the attach is a download...i didnt do it

48ngoin is offline Associate Member
    Check your load...you may be near capacity.

im nowhere near capacity...if there main mail server is going to be down..i would think that would effect everyone with a ziplip account,not just me

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I just checked my account again for you....everything is fine for me....no e-mails of that sort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I just checked my account again for you....everything is fine for me....no e-mails of that sort at all.
    yeah...it is strange to me...like i say i have 2 accounts and it is only in the one that i do business out of...also the fact that i am expecting an important email
    Last edited by jbol; 03-13-2004 at 09:19 AM.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Drop zip its slow and I have heard that they log all ip's. I use cyber-rights now I like it a lot better

gixxer is offline Associate Member
    dude,some times they do have to work on servers,they do go down time to time.They run 24hrs a day and do need to be maintained!

Just read a notice on cyber-rights site....they have a notice for a similar email with an attachment that is a virus...........If you read the letter DO NOT activate (open) the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by 48ngoin
    Just read a notice on cyber-rights site....they have a notice for a similar email with an attachment that is a virus...........If you read the letter DO NOT activate (open) the attachment.
    thanks bro..i have no plans on opening it....also is it true that zip logs all IPs?

I've been w/ziplip and have moved my letters over to cyber-rights....don't know about the logging of IP's, but I don't like the recent info about ziplip.

Quote Originally Posted by 48ngoin
    I've been w/ziplip and have moved my letters over to cyber-rights....don't know about the logging of IP's, but I don't like the recent info about ziplip.
    i might have to do that,but all my peeps have ziplip as my addy...it would be a pain in the a**...might be worth it though

hybrid is offline Member
    unless you subscribe to the pay service, ziplip is not 100% secure. cyber-rights is secure for free, but you have to access your account at least once every three weeks or the free account will be cancelled.

bake is offline Junior Member

Don't open attachment!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a virus. Don't open the attachment. These new virus writers come up with all kinds of sneaky ways to get you to open their attachments. They are preying on the fact that you can't be without that email account. A lot of yahoo.com email accounts were getting a similar emails last week. These big email services have servers all over the country so if there are any problems or maintenance your mail would just be re-routed through another server in their system without you ever really knowing it. The email you got is bull****.

Be careful

Bake

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Aaah, that makes sense. So theoretically you should be getting your normal emails anyway if it's just some sleazy virus. My ziplip's okay -I'm stuck with it since it's the only one that works on Macs.

I'd notify Ziplip if I were you so they know what's up. They should be screening that one out so it doesn't screw anyone else up.

dumblucky is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bake
    It is a virus. Don't open the attachment. These new virus writers come up with all kinds of sneaky ways to get you to open their attachments. They are preying on the fact that you can't be without that email account. A lot of yahoo.com email accounts were getting a similar emails last week. These big email services have servers all over the country so if there are any problems or maintenance your mail would just be re-routed through another server in their system without you ever really knowing it. The email you got is bull****.

Be careful

Bake
    yup thats what I was gonna say
    in never open anything that I dont know the sender
    even when it say admin or something to do with the mail service
    If the point of the mail isnt in the message part then I delete it

i opened the mail part than went to the attachment..as soon as it asked me if it was ok to download...i cancelled it...think my mail is ok?

i just sent myself an email...it took a while but i recieved it

You probably killed it before it got in. But who knows for sure with out running a virus scan. Make sure your windows is up to date ( can be done from the tools tab in Internet Explorer) and then make sure your virus software has a current database. If you don't have virus software, get it. AVG is a company that offers a free version that is complete and it can be downloaded from www.grisoft.com. No shareware or 30 day trial this software is free! It is pretty effective also. I have had as good luck with it as any that costs. Bottomline, you will not get a virus unless you execute the code ie. open an attachment. The good thing is most virus code is not that malicious it is just a pain in the ass.

Later

Bake

Quote Originally Posted by jbol
    i opened the mail part than went to the attachment..as soon as it asked me if it was ok to download...i cancelled it...think my mail is ok?
    Last edited by bake; 03-13-2004 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo

I just opened a hushmail account and noticed it took a long time to deliver a few test messages that I did. I imagine if we bought the premium service from these secure email companies speed would improve. But I am too cheap, don't mind waiting enough to pay!

Bake

Quote Originally Posted by jbol
    i just sent myself an email...it took a while but i recieved it

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    Thanks Bake, I am going to load the virus software ASAP!
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

thanks to all the bros for the help

razor67 is offline Banned
    my ziplip accounts are fine also.. i know on my safe-mail accounts when i get those e-mail viruses they show up green so you dont open them..

my fiance(jbolsrn)took bake's advice and downloaded the virus software...so i should be ok now...thanks all

Thread Information