C-Bol is offline Junior Member

How long for the finasteride to kick in???

If "one" was to start a cycle in the middle of May, would finasteride be pointless to take now, because i heard different opinions on this from some buddies, saying it takes anywhere from 1-6 months to start working. And if "one" was to run finaplix with that, taking finasteride would be bad, cause dhn, correct?

Should the fina be started up, and than test thrown in two weeks later????

MachZ is offline Member
    Finasteride takes anywhere from 60-120 days to start working.
    I am using finasteride this cycle with tren and no problems at all, just don't use it with deca .
    Start the test and tren the smae time, be sure to run test higher and longer than the tren.

C-Bol is offline Junior Member
    Will there be any benefits taking the finasteride if the cycle was to start in a month. Would it even be worth it????

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Bol
    Will there be any benefits taking the finasteride if the cycle was to start in a month. Would it even be worth it????
    If your worried about your hair then I would say go ahead and start it now, no way to really know if it will work for you or not but I would think its worth it to at least try.
    You could also try Nizoral 2% shampoo 1x ED as thats works well for alot of people and I also use it along side the finasteride but it has been known to work well on its own. You can find the shampoo at WalMart or most drug stores w/o a script.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, there seems to be no consensus on when finasteride becomes effective.

I've heard as little as 7-14 days and as much as 4 months. 2 months seems like enough time to me, though you can always get blood work done to check if it's in effect.

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Ugh, there seems to be no consensus on when finasteride becomes effective.

I've heard as little as 7-14 days and as much as 4 months. 2 months seems like enough time to me, though you can always get blood work done to check if it's in effect.

Thats true, but 60-120 dys is what the doctor told me when he gave me a script for the Propecia so who am I to argue.
    Take it for whats its worth, 60-120 days.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    Thats true, but 60-120 dys is what the doctor told me when he gave me a script for the Propecia so who am I to argue.
    Take it for whats its worth, 60-120 days.
    Well, take into consideration that he might have listed that time frame for when you will see results.

If DHT is sufficiently supressed to trigger new growth, then you can expect to see hairs of 1/2 inch length after 30 days, 1 inch after 60 days, etc.

MachZ is offline Member
    Well, take into consideration that he might have listed that time frame for when you will see results.

If DHT is sufficiently supressed to trigger new growth, then you can expect to see hairs of 1/2 inch length after 30 days, 1 inch after 60 days, etc.

I have no hair loss at all so I doubt thats what he was talking about.
    I told him I wanted the script for preventative measure so he gave me the rundown on side's and here I am.
    Right now I am looking at the Info that came in the package of Propecia and it says "Daily use of 3 months or more may be necessary before hair growth has increased or further hair loss is prevented".

That and what the doc said I'll believe 60-120 days unless you can point me to better proof.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    I have no hair loss at all so I doubt thats what he was talking about.
    I told him I wanted the script for preventative measure so he gave me the rundown on side's and here I am.
    Right now I am looking at the Info that came in the package of Propecia and it says "Daily use of 3 months or more may be necessary before hair growth has increased or further hair loss is prevented".

That and what the doc said I'll believe 60-120 days unless you can point me to better proof.
    Found Merc's info sheet.
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/pdf/propeciainsert.pdf

Top of page 2: "Finasteride produces a rapid reduction in serum DHT concentration, reaching 65% suppression within 24 hours of oral dosing with a 1-mg tablet."

MachZ is offline Member
    Found Merc's info sheet.
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/pdf/propeciainsert.pdf

Top of page 2: "Finasteride produces a rapid reduction in serum DHT concentration, reaching 65% suppression within 24 hours of oral dosing with a 1-mg tablet."

Thats good info there. That link is totally different though than the package insert I have here in my Merck Frosst insert with the propecia that I quoted in the above post.
    Although it says 65% suppresion within 24hrs it also states in the Dosage And Adminstration section that a minimum of 3 months or longer daily dosage is needed as in thier trials after 3 months either an increase in hair growth was observed or a reduction in hair loss. This is found in the summary of clinical studies section.

None the less, I would be taking it alot longer than 24hrs. previous to the start of any cycle.

Thread Information