pumped25 is offline New Member

!! Need Help!! How To Train On A Mass Cycle, Opinions Wanted

how many times per week do you work each muscle group?

howmany total sets per muscle group?

The general rule of thumb is that it takes 72hrs for your major muscle/primary muscle groups to fully recuperate with proper protein intake. chest, quads, lats, etc. you shouldn't train really more than once a week, but at least wait 72 hrs if you must overdo it. Secondary muscles bi's, tri;s delts, calves, abs, neck you can train more frequently. On a mass cycle get in lift some heavy ass weights for 3-8 reps then get the hell out of there.

Whatcha gonna do...

TrainingDay is offline Associate Member
    I train each muscle group once a week and i usually do about 4 sets for every workout, like: Bench press: 4 sets, Incline bench press: 4 sets, cable crossover: 4 sets and lift heavier and fewer reps. Thats what im doing now, you might wanna do it some other way but itīs working fine for me.

Sorken is offline Member
    You are in the wrong forum.. got to workout question..

Anyway...

Once every week !!

ColdSore is offline Banned
    low reps...heavy weight for compond exercises...leave the cables and stuff out until you cut...stick to barbells and dumbells...thats how i train when on...

gaga is offline New Member
    depends on when you feel able, but when on gear you could do the same muscle group twice in a week

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    How to train on a mass cycle???????????? HEAVY AS ALL HELL

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    periodization works better than anything else. look into what it is and how it works, you'll never ask how to train again.

great books by hatfield and tudor bomba are available which outline exactly what your looking for. invest the $20 and grow on and off cycle with ease.

abc, why don't you tell him briefly what perioduzation is, I have read quite a few articles and research peices by hatfield, I have actually done a few college credited research peices using hatfield as one of my references, especially in my ex. Phys class, when I am less under the effects of alcohol I will post a excerpt from hatfield for you pumped but for now hold in a buit and i'll get back to you.

Whatcha gonna do...

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    abc, why don't you tell him briefly what perioduzation is, I have read quite a few articles and research peices by hatfield, I have actually done a few college credited research peices using hatfield as one of my references, especially in my ex. Phys class, when I am less under the effects of alcohol I will post a excerpt from hatfield for you pumped but for now hold in a buit and i'll get back to you.

Whatcha gonna do...
    good idea.

real brief because there is so much to it. periodization is pretty much a training cycle broken down into phases. you start with adaptation (high reps/lighter weight) and gradually move through 3 to 5 phases of training. the phases can last any number of weeks but the more training experience you have the shorter the phases should be (3 weeks is usually the wall). the reason for the shorter phases is your body quickly adapts to your training and will begin to minimize the cns stimulation and muscle activation so your using less energy/muscle to go through a workout - leads to plateaus.

so figure 1 training cycle could last 16 weeks and have a few phases. it's not limited to that time period as we see with olympic athletes whose phases encompass an entire year/years where their competition period is included and training is shaped around their need and competition phase.

i use 4 phases seperated by 2 weeks where i utilize dropsets, super sets, exhaust sets, and tempo training. the phases during my cycles usually go in this order:
    adaptation, hypertrophy, strength, power, 2 week break period, repeat. every workout should be prepared before you do it and the best thing to do is write down your entire cycle before it starts so you can see where you start and end.

hope this helps. it's not that detailed but it's good. check out the books that warrior has on his signatures. i've read almost all of them and they are great.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Check out either Peridization (very heavy read, also very informative on the topic and how it relates to coaching in general) and/or Sterious Strength Training (easier to follow) for a good understanding on what abc 1 is getting at... both are by Tudor Bompa (I am putting a site together full of good authors - there is only so much info you can get from the Net - a good book by a good coach helps to fill in the blanks...)

Thread Information