BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Ok, i need a little help from all my bro's concerning finding info

Ok, my girlfriend is doing a speech project for her upper level communications class that is required for her major. She has picked the topic of steroids and sports, but right now she is looking for info on steroids. Basically in her speech she will not be taking a stance on the issue, just putting it out there so she needs some good UNBIASED research. What she is asking me to do is help her find a legitimate website that shows her the basics of steroids as well as the pro's and con's and it does need to be legitimate and unbiased. She has to show her sources so she cant use something like this forum and god forbid using the AR homepage. Can anyone help?

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    proceeed to google.com
    punch in steroids , clik search ....wallah

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    proceeed to google.com
    punch in steroids, clik search ....wallah
    yeah i can do that but it seems that all that pops up is non-academic material or people trying to sell me bunk ****.

Im looking for something a bit more informational that can be used in an upper level college class

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    sure bro, you'll have to sort through the crap, but you will find some info......lots of espn articles lately

yeah, that is true. I know she will have no problem finding info on the baseball thing, but right now she is more concerned with finding info just on steroids .

Ill have to look through my google searches...any other help is greatly apprecitated

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

There's alotta info out there, just use various search engines and weed out the crap. There's several sites that state the pros and cons of each steroids .

Stengun

yeah, the only problem is that it has to have academic backround such as a medical journal etc so that is the hard part.

thanks for the help guys, any more is appreciated

tuna is offline Junior Member
    Id like to be able to help you backer123. But Im not really able maybe google search for medical journals on steroids in athletics.

Dwain chambers a famous english sprinter just got caught so maybe use some of that stuff or Greg rusedski has just got off by saying it was officially approved supplements so maybe if you type those names in???

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    On some educational threads, even at other boards, their work is sited as well. So, she could just pull from that. There are sooo many good educational threads here, maybe you could research the original author of them here and ask where their research came from. Kinda complicated...but might do the job.
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

go to pubmed......type in AAS or spell it out.....in "limits" right below the search queue window, use the pull down window to select "title/abstract"
    You'll find tons of research articles, all of which are "impartial" and peer-reviewed pertaining to AAS.
    You can also get stuff by Charles Yesalis (sp?) at Penn. He's written a few books on AAS in sports that are "impartial" but written from the perspective of a pro-AAS mind.
    Depending on when it's due, I can maybe look for some stuff too.

Good luck.

thank you, she is really freaking out. It is funny because i have been trying to get her more informed for obvious reasons and this is a good way for her to, but she has all of this info in front of her and doesnt know where to start. Im helping her out, but it is hard to relate to someone who knows nothing about it. i know i used to be there at one time but it is hard to remember those times.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    hey heres a site i just found while looking for profiles.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/Steroid_Withdrawal/page1.htm
    not sure if its ne help cause i havent looked it trough yet but its worth atry

Thread Information