NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member

ESPN lashes out against steroid use...What do you think of this article??

Not sure if this is where I should post this, so redirect if needed, but heres the article.

What are your responses to it??

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ge=bloc/040303

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    dumb as liberals...... the media uses it's reach to press it's own agenda...........

sick and tired of it...........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Yea, that's the most meaningless article I've ever read. There whole argument is one man, Lyle Alzado. I don't know who he is, but he probably abused the **** out of it. Steroids are harmful if you don't know what you are doing or if you don't care and just abuse the **** out of them. If they are used responsibly, that's a whole different ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselatc
    Yea, that's the most meaningless article I've ever read. There whole argument is one man, Lyle Alzado. I don't know who he is, but he probably abused the **** out of it. Steroids are harmful if you don't know what you are doing or if you don't care and just abuse the **** out of them. If they are used responsibly, that's a whole different ballgame.
    Lyle Alzado was a moron. he died of brain cancer, but before he did, in all his infinite medical knowledge, he blamed his brain cancer on AAS. Since he was clearly the most trusted source of medical information on the planet, the media ran with it. He, today, is the media's one posterboy for the dangers of AAS. Yet he died of brain cancer

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I just posted a thread about this in the AR Lounge... This is just rediculous... Has the topic of steroids ever been this hot before in the media?

Solrock is offline Member
    The article is a joke. Media BS.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    everyone go to www.msn.com and look at the sopranos pic and what it fades too... Msn is a big web page and im sure many ppl will be looking at it... No need at all!

dane is offline Junior Member
    This is a stupid article. They are making assumptions about steroid use based on injecting a hampster with steroids . Hope they didn't for get to give the hampster some nolvadex . HeHE

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Of course ESPN and the rest of the Sports Media will make every attempt to attack the steroid issue. They don't want to see the billion dollar sports industry get sucker punched by the professional athletes who are supposed to be role models for our youth. They don't want Little Johnny to think steroids are okay. They want parents questioning the values of the game. They want his parents to take him to the ballgame without entertaining the thought of values.

As long as aas are illegal, the sports media is going to take every opportunity to deem them dangerous. But as if aas we're legal...I bet my house we would hear them sing a whole different tune.
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 03-09-2004 at 10:53 PM.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    Article sucks, wasted my time reading it last night.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Please, someone show me medical evidence that suggests or hints that AS use can be linked with brain cancer.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, the thing that I didnt understand was this...they said that roids can cut your life by 20 years or so, I forget what they posted in the article...But my question is this, why are guys who have been doing it for soo long still alive, like Ferrigno, Arnold, guys like that....I remember reading an article in MD about some guy who has been on roids for over 40 years and hes still going good, they guys is like 60 something now....

It just seems funny to me that juicers seem to know more about it than scientists and doctors do...shouldnt that be enough reason for them to do more tests and studies on roids?? These are the guys that are supposed to know everything about everything...and to know that they dont is a scary thought, especially when they are the people everyone goes to for answers.

rawhide is offline Junior Member
    there is no implication that steroids have ever been proven to cause any kind of cancer...now HGH...that's another story...but he was on the gh that came from cadavers...prions from one's brain can possibly cause major problems (i.e. mad cow disease)...also Alzado said that he used steroids for most of his 17 year career...meaning very little cycling off...and the guy was on a sh!t load of gear...he was obsessive-compulsive about it...I understand that the kids are being affected and we live in a society of prodded sheep...but hopefully us Americans can stand on our own 2 feet and make some decent decisions...IT'S GOT TO BE A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN DRINKING OR SMOKING OR DOING TRANQUILIZERS FOR YEARS ON END!

Quote Originally Posted by rawhide
    there is no implication that steroids have ever been proven to cause any kind of cancer...now HGH...that's another story...but he was on the gh that came from cadavers...prions from one's brain can possibly cause major problems (i.e. mad cow disease)...also Alzado said that he used steroids for most of his 17 year career...meaning very little cycling off...and the guy was on a sh!t load of gear...he was obsessive-compulsive about it...I understand that the kids are being affected and we live in a society of prodded sheep...but hopefully us Americans can stand on our own 2 feet and make some decent decisions...IT'S GOT TO BE A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN DRINKING OR SMOKING OR DOING TRANQUILIZERS FOR YEARS ON END!
    Good points, in general, but don't send the wrong message about GH. GH does NOT cause cancer of any kind. I assume you weren't implying that, but you don't want people to read this and make assumptions.

PJK015 is offline Associate Member
    BS
    people just dont understand if theyre not involved in any way

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Uneducated people have no right to make statements, just another case of the media blowing crap out of porportion. DIE media DIE!!!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Of course ESPN and the rest of the Sports Media will make every attempt to attack the steroid issue. They don't want to see the billion dollar sports industry get sucker punched by the professional athletes who are supposed to be role models for our youth. They don't want Little Johnny to think steroids are okay. They want parents questioning the values of the game. They want his parents to take him to the ballgame without entertaining the thought of values.

As long as aas are illegal, the sports media is going to take every opportunity to deem them dangerous. But as if aas we're legal...I bet my house we would hear them sing a whole different tune.
    I completely agree with you bro. Cash does rule everything.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Dude everyone is on this steroid kick...the new cover of Sports Illustrated has a huge picture of Barry Bonds with the title "Do the record books have an asterik next to them now?" or something to that affect.

Its ridiculious.

Thread Information