crazyrc is offline New Member

I'm hoping this isn't infection.

I injected 1ml of sust 250 into my left shoulder and a day later the injection site got very sore. Similar to injection pain, but a little worse. I have been injecting in my shoulders without pain for several weeks. THe site is seems firm to the touch and after the third day the skin is getting slightly more red. in a 2" square area.
    I searched and found a similar situation where they suspected the shot leaked back out between the skin and the muscle. Is this possible. I don't think its infected, because it doesn't realy feel any hotter and I'm not running a fever. Any solutions or responses are welcome.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyrc
    I injected 1ml of sust 250 into my left shoulder and a day later the injection site got very sore. Similar to injection pain, but a little worse. I have been injecting in my shoulders without pain for several weeks. THe site is seems firm to the touch and after the third day the skin is getting slightly more red. in a 2" square area.
    I searched and found a similar situation where they suspected the shot leaked back out between the skin and the muscle. Is this possible. I don't think its infected, because it doesn't realy feel any hotter and I'm not running a fever. Any solutions or responses are welcome.
    I had this happen as well, and it was absence of warmth in the area that led me to assume it was not an infection and ride it out, and within three days or so it was fine. Now, i'm not saying what I did was the most intelligent thing, but i worked out a-okay for me.

codenamecastle is offline New Member
    Bro, here is some advice, two things to worry about. 1. If the area becomes fluctuant (spongy to the touch) it could indicate an abcess (underlying pus pocket) in which case it needs drainage. 2. If it remains firm and red, look for streaking or increase in the area of redness (mark the boarder with a pen now), if this occurs it could indicate cellulitis. This can be treated with antibiotics. Likely, this may be a local inflammatory reaction and should resolve on its own. Keep a close eye on it, obviously if pain increases or fevers occur seek a doctor. To be safe you could take Keflex 500mg four times/day for 7 days.

Tren Addict is offline New Member
    better get it checked. i shot winny to quick once thought i was infected a week later, turned out to be the biggest nastiest abcess ever it swelled so much it burst itself open. its nasty i hate to share but it leaked constantly (like every 2 mins it would run out) for about 4 days gross man. i tell you cause no man deserves that horror, i thought i was dying and that it was impossible to have that much puss in me. that **** sweeled an inc out and 6 inces around (my left glute) i had to wrap gauze around my ass and go through these huge bandaids hourly. all in all sorry for the story. but i hope noone ever has to go through wih it. my advice. tell the doc the truth or say something bit you if your uncomfortable with tellin the doc. ask what it is and what needs to happen.

Thread Information