Thread: sleeping

ocphog2 is offline New Member

sleeping

what can i take at night to help me fall asleep while taking anabolic steroids .

Solrock is offline Member
    do a search, you should be able to find some decent info. Melatonin and Ambien are the two that work wonders for me (do not take them together). Ambien is prescription, melatonin is OTC.

Sometimes a glass or two of red wine helps.
    Last edited by Solrock; 03-15-2004 at 09:56 PM.

WEll, Xanax, Valium, Soma are all some of my favorites.
    But there are a bunch of new sleep aids out on the market that supposedly don't make you drowsy and lethargic in the morning.
    If you wanna go natural, try melatonin (I think I spelled that right)...you can get it at almost any health food store.
    TSW

beefydragon is offline Member
    Try Sonata 10MG... it will knock you out for the first 4 hours, the rest is up to your body. I'm new to the game, so I'm definitely getting insomnia. Like Solrock says, Ambien is another prescription to try. But it doesn't really work for me.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i sometimes take 1 tylenal pm.. usually helps a bit..if i take 2 i feel like crap the next day and affects my workout..

Solrock is offline Member
    Valarian also works well for some people. It a herbal extract, you can find it, along with melatonin at any health food store.

Sevnthwarrior's suggestion of xanax, valium or soma should also work, but they are all prescription, and not too many AAS sources carry them.

shootdeep is offline Member
    i only have a hard time the first couple of weeks. my body adjusts after that and i sleep fine.

Al "M.F" Vincent is offline New Member
    I live off Melatonin, ambion is great all so no much of a drown factor when u get up.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    melatonin works well for me - also 25mg of bendryl an hour before bedtime works wonders

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'm not recomending any addictive drugs by any means...but in a pinch Xanax is my ace in the whole...other than that,like powerlifter said..benadryl works well.

first off coming out of the medical field for a number of years most of the above mentioned are benzodiazapines or in the same "family." stay away from those unless you desperately need sleep and it's cutting into your recovery. they are highly addictive and a withdrawal from some benzos are worse than opiates such as heroin, oxycontin, ms contin, etc. try working in a chemical dependency unit and seeing these people look like wacked out tweakers and crackheads from just taking rx pills. i would stick with herbals like melatonin or even some tylenol pm which is basically benadryl. xanax, ativan, klonopin, ambien, sonata, restoril are all addictive and you need to be careful. i know it sounds cheesy but unless you're really amped and its taking away from your workout you don't need them.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i knew there was a reason i couldn't sleep, but it only lasted a couple days for me.

FREAKZILLLA is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnystick77
    first off coming out of the medical field for a number of years most of the above mentioned are benzodiazapines or in the same "family." stay away from those unless you desperately need sleep and it's cutting into your recovery. they are highly addictive and a withdrawal from some benzos are worse than opiates such as heroin, oxycontin, ms contin, etc. try working in a chemical dependency unit and seeing these people look like wacked out tweakers and crackheads from just taking rx pills. i would stick with herbals like melatonin or even some tylenol pm which is basically benadryl. xanax, ativan, klonopin, ambien, sonata, restoril are all addictive and you need to be careful. i know it sounds cheesy but unless you're really amped and its taking away from your workout you don't need them.
    PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS MAN!! AMBIEN, XANAX, VALIUM, SOMA, PAIN KILLERS ETC ARE ALL ADDICTING AND WILL HOOK YOU INTO A MEDICAL FIELD THAT WILL ONLY END U UP IN REHAB OR BEGGIN YOUR LAST PENNY FOR A PILL!! I PERSONALLY HAVE A FRIEND IN REHAB AND HE WANTSA ME TO GO BUT IM TO STUBBORN TO GO. ("I HAVE A STEADY SOURCE FOR THEM")

Try melatonin, valerian root, those relaxing teas u can drink, benadryl, tylenol PM, they even make some sleep aids called calm forte or nerve tonic sold in walmart. Take this advicem from an addict, me!!!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I have tried melatonin, valerian root, benadryl, ambien and now I am trying sonata.

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    get a fat sack of mary jane... a dutch master cigar...crack the cigar instert the marijuana....roll that **** up nice and tight so it burns slow....and presto u got a natural sleep aid...

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i use soma and 20mg of perkaset when i really cant sleep...i dont recommend if you have an addictive peronallity..the sweet thing with the perkaset is i cant take them for more then 2 nites in a row otherwise they make me sick to my stomach and really nausious.but he soma works wonders .it really relaxes the muscles.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    Go to Walmart, get Equate Night Time Sleeping Aid and a bottle of Equate Cough Syrup(Walmart's NyQuil). Take both at the same time and it will knock you on your ass. I will be taking it tonight.

FREAKZILLLA is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I have tried melatonin, valerian root, benadryl, ambien and now I am trying sonata.
    HEY LET ME KNOW HOW THE SONATA WORKS, Its the only one i havent tried!

Thread Information